Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Perhaps moving Lavelle out on loan is dependent on another CB incoming in time?

Yea the one who hasn’t played for two years and isn’t match fit 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bournesnr said:
    Got to feel sorry for DH in all this, doubt he’s had much input or he surely wouldn’t have left himself so thin at the back.
    Just my opinion, but he came in not as a successful applicant to a vacancy, but as part of a team brought in with clear short term objectives. He is a good orator who knows what to say to fans, but he’ll be fully onboard with all of this. 
    100%.
    There's been a few quotes from various managers or observers that this team has massively under achieved, not from what i've seen, they are simply not good enough. Whatever you think of the reasons for the clear out, it's not before time, just have a look at the defensive record. Our most consistent players have been Dobson, Sessegnon and Fraser, Saki has just return to form and Innis and Ness have laid their bodies on the line since Holden took over. We can all see Leaburn's potential and the kids coming through are going to be better than the people moved out of the club today, those players needed to go and I'm glad to see the back of them and hopefully Sandgaard. 
    So you don’t foresee any injuries or suspensions ?
    I do but I still think we can cope, there's nineteen games left, as much as I think the points could be gained to get to the playoffs, it's a long shot but if you have an opportunity to move certain players out, even on loan, take it. The squad is not in a good place with half a dozen players not involved in matchdays and we have enough to cope.  
    Oh come on Thomas are you serious ?
    Have you worked out the difference between left and right yet ?
    Do you know what versatile is ?
    In this specific case a RIGHT BACK who can also play at left back, and CB. By no definition does it somehow actually make him into a left back like you first said.
  • Options
    There's some states on here bloody hell! You'd have thought we'd have sold De Bruyne and Haaland. 
    I bet we would have if they were our players 😂 
  • Options
    45 mins and counting Where's the striker? Where's the supposed Edwards deal?
    Burton have hijacked the Edwards deal
  • Options
    Thinking about it what we need right now is 3 BILLIONAIRES ! 
  • Options
    Can a player be recalled on a season-long loan?
    Players on a season-long loan can be recalled by parent clubs in the January transfer window but only if the two clubs have agreed a recall clause in advance. A loan deal can be cancelled at any time in the season if both clubs concerned agree. Does the Premier League have different loan rules to the EFL? Not really.
    That's what I got, what you got ?
  • Options
    Have Thomas and/or Lavelle actually left yet?

Expect we’ll keep atleast one of them unless we can find a replacement.
  • Options
    Can we still raid non league?
  • Options
    45 mins and counting Where's the striker? Where's the supposed Edwards deal?
    What striker?

Why are you so convinced we are signing a striker

People go on about needed a striker but in reality only 5 teams have scored more than us this season, and logically we play 1 upfront, Bonne/Leaburn rotate and Aneke as reserve when fit then we have Kanu who can play their if needed as well.

Im more concerned that we have lost CBs and conceding is where we have been having issues
  • Options
    That new profile of striker Holden was on about must be one that ghosts into the box 

Get used to Macauley Bonne plodding about for the next four months folks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey said:
    Players on a season-long loan can be recalled by parent clubs in the January transfer window but only if the two clubs have agreed a recall clause in advance. A loan deal can be cancelled at any time in the season if both clubs concerned agree. Does the Premier League have different loan rules to the EFL? Not really.
    Not between windows.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It'll be the non league doing the raiding on us! 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Nope but they can raid us.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Where's the replacement for Stockley? Can't just have Bonne and Leaburn, Aneke is out more than he is in?
    Bonne was the replacement I guess.
    We were short of a striker before Stockley moved on and Bonne came in. So currently we have Leaburn and Bonne who are match fit, and Leaburn is still a kid and learning  his trade.
    I am not disagreeing that we need another striker, I was merely saying that Bonne was Stockleys replacement so the situation is the same/similar (better IMO) as when the window opened.
    Better but not good enough.
  • Options
    There's some states on here bloody hell! You'd have thought we'd have sold De Bruyne and Haaland. 
    I bet we would have if they were our players 😂 
    Nah, loaned out 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    LTKapal said:
    I still don’t fully understand why Ryan  is ahead of O’Connell but maybe that’s just me.
    You do now 😊
    I knew this comment would come back to bite me hahahaha
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bournesnr said:
    Got to feel sorry for DH in all this, doubt he’s had much input or he surely wouldn’t have left himself so thin at the back.
    Just my opinion, but he came in not as a successful applicant to a vacancy, but as part of a team brought in with clear short term objectives. He is a good orator who knows what to say to fans, but he’ll be fully onboard with all of this. 
    100%.
    There's been a few quotes from various managers or observers that this team has massively under achieved, not from what i've seen, they are simply not good enough. Whatever you think of the reasons for the clear out, it's not before time, just have a look at the defensive record. Our most consistent players have been Dobson, Sessegnon and Fraser, Saki has just return to form and Innis and Ness have laid their bodies on the line since Holden took over. We can all see Leaburn's potential and the kids coming through are going to be better than the people moved out of the club today, those players needed to go and I'm glad to see the back of them and hopefully Sandgaard. 
    So you don’t foresee any injuries or suspensions ?
    I do but I still think we can cope, there's nineteen games left, as much as I think the points could be gained to get to the playoffs, it's a long shot but if you have an opportunity to move certain players out, even on loan, take it. The squad is not in a good place with half a dozen players not involved in matchdays and we have enough to cope.  
    Oh come on Thomas are you serious ?
    Have you worked out the difference between left and right yet ?
    Do you know what versatile is ?
    In this specific case a RIGHT BACK who can also play at left back, and CB. By no definition does it somehow actually make him into a left back like you first said.
    Don't confuse him !
  • Options
    Don’t know why but Kaveh Solhekol on Sky Sports really irritates me. 
    Speaks like a fecking robot  !
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Bailey said:
    You can not recall a player from loan, from a league club, outside of the window, and then play them.  Period.

I suppose if they were that fed up with him they could send him back but you couldn't play him.  Its the registration that transfers and that can't be done outside the window.

So you can buy and sell, swap and trade who ever you want, when ever you want, buy you can't register them until the window opens.  
  • Options
    JordanJLD said:
    Am I the only one who thought Mitchell way out of his depth? Can’t have him near the first team at the moment, might not have a choice mind.
    Unlikely to be the only one. But he’s looked impressive for one so young when I’ve seen him. Apparently looked very good for the U21s when playing in midfield yesterday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bailey said:
    You can not recall a player from loan, from a league club, outside of the window, and then play them.  Period.

I suppose if they were that fed up with him they could send him back but you couldn't play him.  Its the registration that transfers and that can't be done outside the window.

So you can buy and sell, swap and trade who ever you want, when ever you want, buy you can't register them until the window opens.  
    Don’t confuse him 😉
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Not between windows.
    It says, if both Clubs agree, thus there is a clause in the contract.
  • Options
    Harland and Wolff .....? :smile:

• Options
    Has Cawley told us all to go to bed yet?
  • Options
    Saving the marquee signing till late then. Good plan :*
  • Options
    The squad is thin, absolutely no doubt about it. However, I can't see how this window relegates us and let's face it, we're going nowhere. I'm not particularly bothered about anyone other than Dobson and Leaburn for our longer term prospects. We get to have a look at Kane, Penney, Bonne and hopefully Kilkenny with a view to having them on longer deals. The most important thing for the future is getting rid of Sandgaard and getting a better owner in. That is what decides our longer-term fate, not swapping O'Connell for Hector. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Has Cawley told us all to go to bed yet?
    Nope!