Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion | Wed 21 Dec 2022 - 7:45pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Our record defeat is 11-1.
    At least that isn't in danger. Mind you, I don't think we'll score.
    Because we won’t get the 1?
  • Options
    6-1 to us them.
  • Options
    Inniss and Lavelle to keep a heroic clean sheet against the Premiership stars in a solid 0-0 draw.
    Charlton go on to win 5-0 on penalties with Morgan and Dobson with clinical spot kicks.

(not really)
  • Options
    The five Premier League clubs that played last night all played their strongest line-ups, barring one or two players.

I would expect Brighton will be doing similar. It could be a long 90 minutes, but if we can keep them at bay then anything can happen on penalties.
  • Options
    They have a few out including Welbeck, and the Argie is still on the piss in Buenos Aires but expect they will have far too much come the end

0-3 and back to the battle for 18th spot 
  • Options
    Watched their manager’s press conference. It sounds like their plan is to start most of their World Cup players on the bench, with the exception of Moises Caicedo.

So their line-up might look something like:

Steele

GroB - Dunk - Webster - Veltman

Caicedo - Gilmour

March - Lallana - Enciso

Undav
  • Options
    With everything that’s going on, this game has been the furthest from my mind. Have a feeling that we’re in for a drubbing. We’re on a downward spiral on the pitch. Just hope a heavy defeat doesn’t dent the confidence for what is going to be a crucial run of league games. Not going tonight due to work commitments but good luck to the rest of you 
  • Options
    On BBC 5 live this morning, Brighton fans saying up to 2000 have not received their tickets and will have to queue at The Valley tonight for duplicates. I think the problem is at the Brighton end and post strike issues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we lose by less than 4 I'll be pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to a decent attendance and hopefully a bit of noise and lots of gallows humour. 
  • Options
    Cheers for the preview @ForeverAddickted

Glory night at The Valley ahead, our best one since the Doncaster play off. The team will completely defy their current form, the ground will be rocking, CBT will look like Mbappe and Leaburn (Scott Parker style) will guarantee a bid from Brighton in a couple of weeks time. 

Come on you Addicks
    Wakey wakey it’s time to get up mate 😉
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Davo53 said:
    Just heard stockley isn’t available tonight as he’s shattered after carrying Joseph and a pregnant Mary to a stable in Bethlehem.
    Did he throw his toys out of the pram and wave his arms in the air because there was no room at the inn 😏.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    What are the odds on us winning?
  • Options
    How much you prepared to lose 😉
  • Options
    Surely Brighton -1.5 should be printing money? 10/11
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    How much you prepared to lose 😉
    Best odds for Charlton victory are 9/1 with Coral. Not very generous..
  • Options
    1-5? We'll be lucky to get nil.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Depending on team selection I imagine something like this will be value for a quid. Pains me to bet in such a way against my own team but they are the gift that keeps on giving at the moment. 

• Options
    Gillingham kept Wolves at bay for over 70 mins last night, so its not out the question. However, we concede such crap goals that even an ounce of Brighton pressure would see us crumble. If they score first 10 mins, then it'll be about 5-0.
  • Options
    1-5? We'll be lucky to get nil.
    I am not sure you understand my bet, i am backing Brighton to win by 2 goals or more. 
  • Options
    A break from defeats in the league. A defeat in the cup.
  • Options
    How many been sold?
  • Options
    Gillingham kept Wolves at bay for over 70 mins last night, so its not out the question. However, we concede such crap goals that even an ounce of Brighton pressure would see us crumble. If they score first 10 mins, then it'll be about 5-0.
    Wolves are a defensive side, Brighton are up there with the best attacking sides in the country and they press from the front. If our defenders are getting caught on the ball in L1, they will not know what to do against someone like Welbeck's non-stop pressing.

They will create a megaf**kton of chances tonight.

I'm going for a 3-0 Charlton win.
  • Options
    Brighton 5-1 and we get a bad injury to one of our "key" players. 
  • Options
    Mc / M B / Harness
    Any 8 Midfielders 

Bench
    The rest of the midfielders 
  • Options
    Unfortunately (depending on your view!), I can't  make the game now so have a mobile ticket for the Covered End I can email to anyone that wants it.

DM me if interested, not looking for anything for it but feel free to pop some money in a charity pot if you can. 

• Options
    0-9 and i am being serious for once...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!