Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion | Wed 21 Dec 2022 - 7:45pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    If getting into Charlton, looks like somebody with their face on pavement fallen on bench or maybe been hit. Worrying day with ambulance strikes.
  • Options
    Brighton 5-1 and we get a bad injury to one of our "key" players. 
    That’s the spirit!
  • Options
    Oh dear, I have liked a golfaddick comment again
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Up at London Bridge at the minute listening to all the anti-Palace songs from the Brighton fans, couldn't agree with them more...!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Depends whether or not Brighton play their kids - if they do then 0-4. If they play a smattering of first-teamers then ...... what's the record defeat in the EFL Cup?

Good write-up as always FA.
    Arbroath beat Bon Accord 36-0 in 1885 (I think). I suspect the current gap between Brighton and ourselves is not dissimilar given our recent form.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Can't see us scoring. Can't see us keeping them out. Entire club and fanbase is focused on the last few days of off-field stuff rather than the game tonight. If we were in any kind of league form and the fans were up for it, that can be cause for some atmosphere and a potential upset in a tie like this but little to no chance of that in the current circumstances.

They'll play a strong side, get a comfortable 0-2 or 0-3 lead after 60 minutes and then we'll see wholesale changes from the visitors would be my guess. Either way, 3/10 on Brighton feels like buying money.
  • Options
    Yeah we're not worried about advancing...
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    bobmunro said:
    Depends whether or not Brighton play their kids - if they do then 0-4. If they play a smattering of first-teamers then ...... what's the record defeat in the EFL Cup?

Good write-up as always FA.
    Arbroath beat Bon Accord 36-0 in 1885 (I think). I suspect the current gap between Brighton and ourselves is not dissimilar given our recent form.
    TBF that was the Bon Accord cricket team.
  • Options
    Well, that’s a list of 11 players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like 3-4-3.

Inniss or Lavelle as one of the wide centre backs in a back 3 🤮
  • Options
    Doesn't really get you excited does it?
  • Options
    Chin should be no where near the 1st team. 
  • Options
    Lamptey will have Chin on toast.
  • Options
    1 up front again
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Looks like 3-4-3.

Inniss or Lavelle as one of the wide centre backs in a back 3 🤮
    I thought that, and if its Ness and Chin in the full back positions in a 4 it could get very, very messy.  Through no fault of their own. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    That team... Good god. We'd struggle to beat Welling.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    What a pile of shite that line-up is! Obviously new owners are not interested in progressing, but happy to see a complete thrashing....fuck me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    That team... Good god. We'd struggle to beat Welling.
    What's worse is its not far off as good as we have got.
  • Options
    Feck me, I expected a line up but not that line up.... We're doomed! 
  • Options
    So... Dean's not in charge tonight is he?
  • Options
    Somewhat expected hopping on at London Bridge but there seem to be only Seagulls fans on the train and none of them even commented on seeing the Network Rail leaves-clearing train + carriages on a siding.

Lots of more recent entertaining asides about the Stripey Nigels though.
  • Options
    Good luck lads...
  • Options
    Lamptey will have Chin on toast.
    Can’t he have marmite of peanut butter like everybody else?
  • Options
    Take Chin, Lavelle and Innis out the line-up and replace with Mitchell, Deli, and Caskey?

• Options
    What a pile of shite that line-up is! Obviously new owners are not interested in progressing, but happy to see a complete thrashing....fuck me!
    Yes, the Sultan of Brunei phoned Hayes up and told him to rest Clare
    Clare suspended 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!