Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holden's press conferences

12346»

Comments

• Options
    The thing about any football manager interview, is that it's not government ministers being forced to defend a government cockup on Newsnight or the Today programme. The "Paxman" follow up question will never be asked, whether on local radio, the MOTD or Sky, as you'd never get another interview again. This applies to any sports interview really, unless it's a really calamitous result, like the grilling Hodgson got after Iceland beating England.

"You must be disappointed with the goals we conceded today?"
    "Yes, our defending has got to be better. We can't keep making the same mistakes, but we'll keep working hard in training to eradicate them."
    "You said that two months ago. Doesn't that show that you and your coaching staff aren't good enough. Have you considered your position?"
    Very good 😹 thanks for making me laugh.  @killerandflash
  • Options
    Why has no interviewer asked why we keep making these basic cock ups that often lead to a goal? I thought it was going to be ironed out this season, so far doesn’t seem to have been?
    So you wanted the interviewer to ask Holden why Camara mis-controlled the ball?
    I won't say what my reply would be to such a stupid question.
    Why are you being so literal? I was suggesting, as we all know this is a repeat cycle, not a one off and you know it  @Covered End

Holden was talking about it last season as well as this 'poor goals' to concede. He mentioned 'poor goals' at Exeter. 

My understanding was that these issues were going to be worked on and hopefully minimised.

I'm just asking is this something he's identified and working on and maybe for once, an interviewer can ask him.?

It's more stupid not to ask, surely that's what any good journalist would do, without necessarily singling anyone out.

Try not being so rude, its not necessary.
    Poor goals at Exeter ? What are you talking about?
    Last season we won 1-2 at Exeter.
    See above, re the interviewer not asking him, this was discussed 6 days ago.
    Try thinking before posting.
    Meant Newport.

Well I don't spend all day on here like some of you, I clearly missed it.

What's the problem with you  @CoveredEnd, are you rude just for the sake of it?

If you don't like my comments or disagree fine but cut out spitefulness or get out of the right side of the bed and don't take your shite out on me.
    Sorry Martin it's just frustrating that some posters, for the most part, add little of value and when they do post they post stuff that patently isn't true.
    Many people read it, it's just that I'm the one that said it.
    Well you could probably say that about everyone to some extent on most of the threads that get read and visited the most.

Thanks for the apology, I agree it is frustrating  @CoveredEnd
    Ha ha. Right over your head
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Off_it said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Because people accept that the players are human and sometimes make mistakes!
    Oh come on, this isn’t the odd hiccup, everyone has been mentioning this for at least the past 2 seasons. It’s a common occurrence.
    Charlton players have been making cock-ups that lead to goals for a lot longer than the past 2 seasons mate. 

People like Les Berry and Naby Sarr became cult heroes because of it.

On the other side of the coin, we also score a fair few goals because of what could reasonably be described as cock-ups by the opposition too.

It's called football. It's not an exact science. It's not a video game or a spreadsheet. These are human beings making split second decisions.
    Of course.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Problem is he's working with the same 17/18 players. He has to "get a response" from them because he cant drop any due to either no back up or injuries. 

Assuming no one signs this afternoon then Saturdays squad isnt going to be much different to Tuesday night. No new signings this week to "pep" things up. Game no 4 with just 2 fit strikers & now just 1 fit right back. 
  • Options
    if Port Vale are "big on set pieces" as DH says then we have had it
  • Options
    clive said:
    Nothing unsual from DH there.  You can work on all aspects in training all week but if your available players are unable to execute the basics on a matchday, then all the talk is bumfluffery!  I suspect honest and loyal Dean, knows the shit hand he is currently holding.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Nothing unsual from DH there.  You can work on all aspects in training all week but if your available players are unable to execute the basics on a matchday, then all the talk is bumfluffery!  I suspect honest and loyal Dean, knows the shit hand he is currently holding.
    The sad thing is that he'll probably lose his job due to being short changed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would like to see Pep or Klopp manage at this level with the players we have. Some of the football we're playing is great to watch and the youngsters are playing so well. We're probably two or three players away from being a good side. The question is- will we get those players? That of course is not down to Dean Holden.
  • Options
    I honestly think he will turn it round. It gets harder as the pressure mounts, maybe it will be tomorrow, maybe not, and he needs a result that makes people stand up and take notice to kickstart things but I think I like where we are heading. I know people will disagree but it is just a feeling I get which of course could be wrong.