Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Peterborough United | Boxing Day - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    cabbles said:
    As much as Wednesday buoyed everyone, don’t forget how crap this lot can be.  Merry Christmas 
    We lose and will totally erase the euphoria from the other night.

Hotels in Manchester will then see lots of cancellations!
  • Options
    I wonder what game plan Holden now has as I was just getting used to (and liking)  Hayes' quick style of play. Been easy on the eye & if we cut out defensive errors we can start winning again. 

However, this game will swing on strikers - they have one & we dont. 

0-3. Clarke-Harris with as money goals as surnames. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Could go either way - I’m going for a resolute display and a barrow win. New Manger bounce !
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Depends entirely on which Charlton (and which Peterborough, for that matter) show up.

I'll go with an entertaining 3-2 win. Heart ruling head a bit.
  • Options
    Feeling good going into this game hopefully 
     on the back of a good cup win the team will be right up for it
    Going for a good 3-1 win for the famous
    CAFC  B)
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    A win here could really turn the tide for our season, especially going into January with a big cup tie away and a likely takeover on the horizon. 

I will be tuning in from India, so I hope the lads can back up the fantastic performance vs Brighton. 

3-1 to Dean Holden’s tricky reds
  • Options
    Hoping for a win as me and jnr live in Peterborough and will get shit from the locals if they win.

• Options
    Can't see a win here, interesting to see if Holden goes with two up front, Leaburn and Stockley, both did not cover the full 120 mins on Wednesday whereas R-K did and his penalty showed how shattered he was. Might also see Corey Blackwell Taylor start and continue his eternal quest to achieve a cross that actually reaches one of our players or at the very least reaches the area one of our players is actually loitering in. 
  • Options
    Think Stockley will start and it will be 352 … still surprised this is kicking off at 3 pm on Boxing Day 
    If we are going to switch to a more pressing game then I can’t see Stockley fitting into that, he looks like he slows up just a little bit more each game and he might still win headers but I suspect not as many as he used to 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cant see both Strikers starting, not with Aneke getting injured again.

Just cant risk it
  • Options
    New manager bounce against a side that has lost five in-a-row. Easy 3-0 win.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    As much as Wednesday buoyed everyone, don’t forget how crap this lot can be.  Merry Christmas 
    Bah Humbug... ;)
  • Options
    Last Wednesday`s game showed us a way to play football after Garnerball. I only hope the new manager does not change it too much and create more confusion in our player`s heads.

Peterborough`s current form is terrible so we will not get a better time to play them and get a result.

• Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    I will be in the Directors Box today, looking forward to it! 
    Don't be surprised to see a photo of yourself as the new owner by 5pm.
    I should have read to the end of the thread before posting. 
  • Options
    Is this game available in the UK on Charlton TV? 
  • Options
    I just hope the new broom is smart enough to realise that our players can't play the pep way. I just want to see us starting to win ugly. It's what works at this level.

My prediction for todays match: 
    *will be edited in at 6pm*
  • Options
    Is this game available in the UK on Charlton TV? 
    Yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Last Wednesday`s game showed us a way to play football after Garnerball. I only hope the new manager does not change it too much and create more confusion in our player`s heads.

Peterborough`s current form is terrible so we will not get a better time to play them and get a result.

In home games in League 1 if the opposition have 77% of the ball as Brighton did (no surprise) then we are in mega trouble. Brighton totally lost their scoring radar and should've won. Charlton showed a spirit which was good to see.

The first 45 minutes against Bristol Rovers we were very good but because of the shocking mistakes by Inniss, the 1st half was forgotten and CL members then outdo each other in slagging off the squad, team, manager,coaches, owner, Government, EFL, and the reason to exist.

CBT is an enigma, if he could produce for an hour most matches especially at the Valley we could emulates the winning sequence at the valley under JJ. Ok we had Stockley and Washington scoring then.

We are struggling big time in the league and we need a win.
    5 wins by Boxing day in the 3rd tier is the thing of nightmares. 

Charlton inability to concentrate for 90+ minutes without individual mistakes is infectious and it has to stop.

Sunny win today 🤞

• Options
    In the 'hood for the match and looking for a continuation of the Brighton spirit plus new manager bounce. Hard fought 2-0 to the Addicks :)
  • Options
    CBT is not as much of an enigma as our managers seem to think. On the left, he can change the game. On the right, he's hopeless and can't cross. 
  • Options
    Been told it's a bold line up. 
  • Options
    New manager bounce 

1-1
  • Options
    Daniel Kanu!
  • Options
    Been told it's a bold line up. 
    It is, 3-5-2 with Kanu and Leaburn up front.

• Options
    Kids in shop window for TS!?
  • Options
    2-0 to us. 
  • Options
    Blimey! Morgan, DJ, Jake F-C, all blown away with Rak Sakyi dropped to the bench. Not sure what to make of that!