Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dobson named captain by Holden

124»

Comments

• Options
    It is worth noting that Dobson is improving. He is a far better playing on the ball than when he arrived. His dribbling and first touch is impressive for a more defensive minded midfielder. He can see a forward pass and is not happy with merely passing sideways (an illness of to many Charlton midfielders over recent years). He won't be far away from the League 1 team of the year come the end of the season. 
    I agree mate it really infuriates me when the he can’t pass comments start, he is currently driving forward and making forward passes more than any other of our players imo. I can’t think of another league one teams midfield that he would struggle to get in
  • Options
    Dobson has been outstanding in both league games so far. Agreed that his ball carrying ability has really started to come on more.
  • Options
    You mean Terry Taylor isn't coming in to replace him??!

Some of our fans must watch a different game at times!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Often compared Dobson to Semedo; pretty average but great tacklers who unfortunately had too many opportunities to display that skill given how poor we were during both their times at the club.

However, Dobson's passing and overall game today was far from average. So far this season I'm eating my words and long may it continue.
  • Options
    I suggested a year ago that George Dobson's game could develop and instead of just being the defensive midfielder he could be Cafc version of Declan Rice who's game developed from a sitting midfielder to doing surging runs forward for West Ham and England.

I haven't seen enough of Taylor (has anyone?) to know his strengths and weaknesses but the midfield with Camará, Fraser, with George need to be more consistent that last season. Anderson needs to play occasionally but injuries will mean he is thrown in.

The suggestion by a few normally decent posters that we would be better off without Dobson is still a total head scratcher 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    supaclive said:
    You mean Terry Taylor isn't coming in to replace him??!

Some of our fans must watch a different game at times!
    The two names Holden must write on his teamsheet first are Dobbo and CBT.  Holden made Dobbo captain, of course he rates him. We heard a lot of nonsense pre-season.