Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City | Saturday 7th January 2023 - 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Ht 2-0
  • Options
    Most pleasing thing forme defenders in forwards faces blocking shots. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feels like it’s been a long time since we’ve gone 2 up before half time against a team your feel we *should* be dominating.

I mentioned after the Portsmouth game about the consistency of our inconsistency, and FA just pointed out how Morgan very much is at the forefront of that. 

Hopefully Holden can get the bottom of why that is. I do like his ethos and focus on just looking at the day, and trying to be the best you can on that day - so maybe that might help. 

• Options
    Took a while to get going but overall a very good first half. Fraser again the source of all things good and Leaburn getting well stuck in. The wingers looking dangerous too for a change. In defence we look okay when not messing about with the ball. 

A clean sheet will be uppermost in the management minds and I suspect 2-0 will be preferable to 4-1. Can we do it? Let's hope so! COYA!
  • Options
    Ball still had to deflect off a defender and keeper before it went in. 
  • Options
    We can't get lackadaisical in the second half,keep right after them, am sure some players are trying to impress to get on the line-up for Old Trafford.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Perhaps Inniss is more relaxed now he doesn't have to play out from the back
    I think it's more that not that there is pressure on the ball higher up the pitch, he doesn't have as many attackers running at him with no one in front of him. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Perhaps Inniss is more relaxed now he doesn't have to play out from the back
    Am I watching a different game? He's been given the ball quite a lot and from goal kicks. Done ok apart from one scary moment. Still wish we'd give it him less. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Our 433 looks so different with someone like Miles up top but he is the complete striker! Enjoying him while he's here 
    Keeping him past the summer would be a miracle at this point.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Good half. Decent first 10, then I thought there was a risk it was all going flat around 20 mins where we had a period that we couldn’t clear out lines or get the midfield onto the ball. Then Morgan and, in particular, Fraser started to win some second balls, we upped the tempo a bit and it’s been all us since the goal.

Question marks over the keeper for both goals but they were both well taken from our perspective. I particularly liked the first one because I love a midfielder starting a move and then arriving late in the box to finish it. 

More signs we’re getting the turgid Garnerball out of our system, and confidence is returning. I’m enjoying seeing players receive the ball and turn, and generally taking fewer touches while still keeping the ball on the deck. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m probably the prime example of a lapsed fan. Been to a few away games near me over the years but taken my son to the Valley for the first ever time today. He’s got his shirt on and bearing in mind he lives in Chelsea territory he says it feels like this is where he is meant to be.

wont lie - we may be shit but it feels so good to be back 
    Let us know what he thinks at HT…
    He’s just said to me : so if we win the Carabao Cup and then win the Europa Conference League - what’s next Dad?!!

Calm down son.
  • Options
    Love watching that re run of the CBT goal, the keeper had the right idea and just got out of the way of the shot, would have taken his head off... ;)
  • Options
    Manny is good value in the studio, BTW. 
  • Options
    Wish Garner had the guts to dump Stockley for Leaburn like Holden has. 

We're basically playing the same formation with that as the only change and look how much better we are. 
  • Options

Quick, someone get that pot of gold outside the ground 😄

Looks like it might be in the Royal Oak.
  • Options
    Wish Garner had the guts to dump Stockley for Leaburn like Holden has. 

We're basically playing the same formation with that as the only change and look how much better we are. 
    To be fair to Garner he probably didn't want to burn out a young kid. 
  • Options
    Lincoln are terrible let’s get that out the way. But I think we’ve played well between the lines. Bloke behind keeps moaning about getting it forward early but when there is no pressure on the ball there’s nothing wrong with waiting for the openings whilst keeping possession which we have done after the first 10 mins. Been impressed.
  • Options
    Just back from 45 mins on the hard shoulder of the m25 near Romford with 60 hens after my tyre went in the middle lane. Have I missed much?
  • Options
    Manny is good value in the studio, BTW. 
    Got his head screwed on 👍
  • Options
    Just back from 45 mins on the hard shoulder of the m25 near Romford with 60 hens after my tyre went in the middle lane. Have I missed much?

For a start I hope anything that was in the inside and outside lanes!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!