Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread; Charlton Athletic Vs Barnsley | Saturday 14th January 2023-KO 3-00 Pm

Todd Kane will make his full Charlton debut at home to Barnsley today

If the Addicks line up in the 4-3-3 formation used in recent weeks, it will mean Kane joins a back four alongside Ryan Inniss, Lucas Ness and Steven Sessegnon in front of goalkeeper Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Payne joins skipper George Dobson and Scott Fraser in a midfield trio, behind a front three of Jes Rak-Sakyi, Miles Leaburn and Campbell.

Macauley Bonne, is on the bench alongside the Clare, Morgan and Blackett-Taylor, as well as Nathan Harness, Eoghan O’Connell and Jayden Stockley.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Kane, Inniss, Ness, Sessegnon; Dobson (c), Payne, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn, Campbell

Subs: Harness, O’Connell, Clare, Morgan, Blackett-Taylor, Bonne, Stockley

Really looking forward to this one, and  to the debuts of Kane and Bonne, in a game that hopefully will be another three points..

Very strong and better looking bench today with Bonne, Stockley and CBT...

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to the SHAVE ATTACK!!!
  • Options
    It's good to see new signings starting and/or on the bench. Usually it takes a couple of weeks before they even get a sniff of the first team. 
  • Options

Calm before the storm?

Or after the Lord Mayor's Show?

I'm going for the former as  an energised Holden-led Addicks destroy the not-so-mighty Tykes ...

1-0
  • Options
    It's good to see new signings starting and/or on the bench. Usually it takes a couple of weeks before they even get a sniff of the first team. 
    They're normally sniffing the physio's couch for a few weeks first trying to get back to fitness.
  • Options
    No Kirk, so unless he's injured he must be off...
  • Options
    Good chat with Dean on the CATV, sounds very positive and ready for today, as always he brings a good game to the fans
  • Options
    Holden saying that Campbell is the one in the squad who can best replace CBT
  • Options
    Ooh, interesting.

Is that a mask AMB's wearing now in his warm-up?

He didn't have it on in his earlier drills.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ooh, interesting.

Operation on his broken nose on Wednesday. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Here could be another one for the "stats" - Bit like Marlon Pack being sent off twice against us in one season... If Bonne appears today, then both his League debuts for us will have come against Barnsley, and both will have been from the bench.

Cant be many who have done that
  • Options
    Hope to see the 9000 at The Valley this afternoon alongside many who didn’t make the trip to Old Trafford this week.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ooh, interesting.

Operation on his broken nose on Wednesday. 
    Is that the Operation name given to the Man Utd game...

and will be forever remembered like Operation Ewood, and Operation Riverside?
  • Options
    Here could be another one for the "stats" - Bit like Marlon Pack being sent off twice against us in one season... If Bonne appears today, then both his League debuts for us will have come against Barnsley, and both will have been from the bench.

Thanks stato.
    Strange but true.
  • Options
    Oh dear Lucas... Really hope Zidane Iqbal ends up becoming a legend of the game!!
  • Options
    Nice interview with Lucas Ness, although those who get seasick watching Holden might want to close their eyes :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks stato.
    Strange but true.
    Thanks Sam... I know those who laughed at me for providing such expert / intelligent knowledge
  • Options
    Copied from the other thread cos it fits better here.

My problem with Payne playing is that he means Fraser has to play differently. Payne isn't as good at what Fraser has been doing and Fraser isn't as good when he tries to do something else. So it weakens you in two areas. From overflowing with center mids we now look a bit short.

The only reason I would start Payne in midfield is if Fraser isn't avaliable. I would probably have started Payne instead of Cambell.

This will probably look a load of tosh in about 2 hours time 🤷
  • Options
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    Ckare replaces Sessegnon in a late change.  Henry, not that one, on the bench.
  • Options
    Ahhhh shit
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Don't rate Payne as a starter. Can be good off the bench.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ckare replaces Sessegnon in a late change.  Henry, not that one, on the bench.
    Shit.
  • Options
    Kane and Ness in conversation, so wonder if Clare is Right-Back... Makes sense if so
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Clare to RB, new boy to LB?
  • Options
    Anyone having problems with Charlton TV. 
    I paid for match pass, but it's coming up Charlton v Lincoln and telling me "subscription required".
    Never had a problem before 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!