Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread; Charlton Athletic Vs Barnsley | Saturday 14th January 2023-KO 3-00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    Ouch Kane just sold into next week... AMB makes a great save... Meh, old news
  • Options
    I've seen us have better starts to games. Campbell struggling with the defensive side of the game 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Have we given up tackling for new yesr?
  • Options
    Some nice play from Barnsley... Out work rate isn't looking great so far.
  • Options
    AMB with a good save. Our midfield AWOL as Barnsley get through too easily again. 
  • Options
    This is so poor from us at the moment.

Not necessarily Holden’s fault, but we need to tighten up on the left side somehow. 
  • Options
    Great save by AMB, but we look very weak at the back.
  • Options
    Charlton fans behind the goal really not happy with the placement of the ball for Barnsley corners by the West Stand - Referee didnt even bother checking, even when the players complained too
  • Options
    Great run from Campbell, after an interception from Ness sends him away

Cant beat the Full-Back who matches him for pace
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mate. Just pass it
  • Options
    Ooh, unlucky!

Good ball from Kane into the box, ball stuck under feet so chance easily saved.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    JRS HAS to attempt the pass to Payne. Poor from him
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Oh it should be 1-0... Beauty of a ball from Kane to JRS, who cant beat the GK

Why didnt he pass to Payne!!!!!!

That was worse than when Kane should have passed against Croatia in 2018
  • Options
    Oh Rak Leko... 

Beautiful pass from Kane.
  • Options
    Chance! Kane floated a ball in to JRS but couldn't quite get the final touch/ pass to Payne 
  • Options
    Arghhhh, should have squared it to Payne.

But maybe he was a little off balance looking at that replay. 
  • Options
    Campbell has got wheels 
  • Options
    Bit of quality from Kane there to find JRS. I think he tried to square that to Payne but didn’t get a heavy enough connection so ended up having to toe poke it goalwards. Pity, would’ve been a 6 yard tap in for Payne. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton fans behind the goal really not happy with the placement of the ball for Barnsley corners by the West Stand - Referee didnt even bother checking, even when the players complained too
    I can never understand why people get so worked up about corners being taken 1/16th inch from where it should be.

We should be more concerned with the next 25-30 yards of the ball's journey.
  • Options
    Ness is a brick wall - Poor pass from Dobson gives Barnsley a great chance (3v3 I think), they cant make the final ball though, because Ness again just stands there making another interception
  • Options
    Ness is very quickly becoming our best defender. He's everywhere atm
  • Options
    Ness is a brick wall - Poor pass from Dobson gives Barnsley a great chance (3v3 I think), they cant make the final ball though, because Ness again just stands there making another interception
    Ness played the bad pass, then recovered.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ness played the bad pass, then recovered.
    Cheers I thought it was Dobson
  • Options
    Given that Sess' fitness hasn't been great this season, and given how much work he puts in, I was really surprised to see him in the starting eleven. I hope we didn't push him too hard and we lose him for a while. 
  • Options
    Ness excellent at spotting danger
  • Options
    Has Fraser touched the ball yet? Get into the game man
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!