Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread; Charlton Athletic Vs Barnsley | Saturday 14th January 2023-KO 3-00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    Old bad habits resurfacing. Barnsley pressing high(ish) but even the tiniest bit of pressure on our defence seems to be producing some minor panic in possession. Too many bad decisions and sloppy passes resulting in cheap turnovers in dangerous areas. Need to settle down a bit and maybe be a bit more direct - bypass the press. 
  • Options
    AMB runs out of his area towards the East Stand - Poor connection sets up a Barnsley player, but his shot is weak, and goes further from goal than where AMB was so never at threat
  • Options
    Clare has started this game as badly as he did at Old Trafford. Hopefully he improves again.
  • Options
    Really poor touch from Campbell with a glorious opportunity 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Has Fraser touched the ball yet? Get into the game man
    He played through Payne for our first attack

Those two really hinder each other, its like playing Lampard | Gerrard together for England - Cant be done
  • Options
    Poor touch from Tyreece.

Shame good bit of play from the boys.
  • Options
    Clare has started this game as badly as he did at Old Trafford. Hopefully he improves again.
    Clare was clearly supposed to be rested today. To be fair, he played every game over Christmas plus Man Utd and put in big shifts in all of them. 
  • Options
    Good chance for Barnsley, well hit volley goes straight to AMB
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He was well off the pace on Tuesday too. I think he could use a rest. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fraser having his usual anonymous opening 20 mins. Hopefully he joins the party soon. 
  • Options
    GOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!

Campbell!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Chunes said:
    He was well off the pace on Tuesday too. I think he could use a rest. 
    Second half he was arguably out best player. 
  • Options
    GEETT IINN !!!
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Copied from the other thread cos it fits better here.

My problem with Payne playing is that he means Fraser has to play differently. Payne isn't as good at what Fraser has been doing and Fraser isn't as good when he tries to do something else. So it weakens you in two areas. From overflowing with center mids we now look a bit short.

The only reason I would start Payne in midfield is if Fraser isn't avaliable. I would probably have started Payne instead of Cambell.

This will probably look a load of tosh in about 2 hours time 🤷
    Yep load of Tosh! 

Claiming the assist for the assist!! 
  • Options
    TYREECE GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    GET THE FUCK IN.

WHAT A FINISH. 
  • Options
    Campbell!!!! 1-0
  • Options
    What a goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yaaaaayyyyyh. Getinthere.
  • Options
    Lovely finish young man!!... 'keeper should not be beaten at his near post like that
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Goal! Campbell. Picked up the ball and ran on goal, squeezed the ball past the keeper.

1-0
  • Options
    Finish Tyreece! Beautiful! 

Good ball from Payne too.
  • Options
    Yesss
  • Options
    Good run down the left, Ruck-Sack was screaming for the ball as he was in acres of space on the right but Tyreece surged into the box and drilled home inside the near post.

Good effort boy!
  • Options
    Most pleasing
  • Options
    Tyreece Campbell baby
    Tyreece Campbell woooooah
  • Options
    Holden seems to have the Midas touch!
  • Options
    Could watch that finish all day... Beautiful
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!