Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2023

Comments

• Options
    Thanks @PeanutsMolloy as always!
  • Options
    Big breakaway e/w for me.
    Thanks peanuts for a brilliant thread, as always
  • Options
    Multiple arrests at Aintree as protesters attempt to stop the Grand National (msn.com) .. let's hope the Liverpool 'Peelers' keep right on top of this
  • Options
    Jonbon is some horse 
  • Options
    Gone with
    Gaillard Du Mesnil win
    Coko Beach e/w
    Diol Ker e/w
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Anyone know if there are any grey horse running? My old Grandad always used to back a grey so I like to keep it up for him now he can’t do so himself. 
  • Options
    Thanks Peanuts for sharing your model and the results it has come up with. I am on the following all each way with varying odds as a selection of small bets most antepost.

Delta Work, The Big Breakaway, Mr Incredible, Back on the Lash, Dunboyne, A Wave of the Sea and Velvet Elvis.

Tried to balance it in terms of potential payouts,  but was tempted to put more on Dunboyne yesterday when it was raining cats and dogs and he went out to 80/1.

Just noticed that Mr Incredible will be ridden by a B.Hayes almost made me cash out 😉
  • Options
    Now I am aware that Mister Coffey goes against a lot of trends not least trip, Topham run and trainer's record in the National but I do have an interest in him at big prices. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Peanuts, not sure how influential these days Templegate is with the punters but he has Big Breakaway 2* out of 5*. “No big deal, 2 in Welsh before poor run at Cheltenham. Stays and jumps well but should be a bigger price in the betting”
    Cheers @AFKABartram
    TBB may flop today, as any runner (certainly any debutant) might, but I must say I've not heard and read so much twaddle from a vast array of racing "experts" in many a year as this year.
    Most of them have ended up calling the GN a lottery at some point in their career because they can't get it that, even nowadays, it's rarely the best horse that wins it.
    But you pays ya money, you takes ya choice.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Anyone know if there are any grey horse running? My old Grandad always used to back a grey so I like to keep it up for him now he can’t do so himself. 
    certainly is - 4 in fact:

Gaillard Du Mesnil
    Eva's Oskar (Mrs Molloy's choice after some TV prog)
    Vanillier
    Coko Beach
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Peanuts, fingers crossed!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    @PeanutsMolloy late in the day I know but how do you rate the chances of Longhouse Poet and Sam Brown?
  • Options
    Longhouse Poet didn't stay last year (or maybe was too keen so emptied sooner) but I can't see much better value than him at 28/1 6 places or 25/1 for 7...

Could be 50L off and still pay!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    No worries @Callumcafc

The trainer's obviously confident if he's ridden more conservatively but Longhouse Poet didn't get home off same GNOR last time - spent by the last fence, to my eyes.
    But I did back him last year because he has a GN-starred pedigree and he was in the sweet spot then as an 8yo 2nd season chaser - obviously not that now.
    I also didn't rate that 26f win in Down Patrick all that highly (last run) and nor seemingly did the Racing Post (RPR128 !!) so a mark of 154 (= his career best RPR) looks high to me. 
    But he does have the pedigree for it and could be Big Run No Cigar

Sam Brown - not for me.
    Long in the tooth at 11, too much weight with 11-04, fails 6 of my 11 stat tests. Failed in only run 26f+ (GNT at Haydock last year) and and has no pedigree plus. 
  • Options
    Somehow totally missed this thread this year, but im on Velvet elvis 
  • Options
    Thank you sir, digesting all your hard work is as entertaining as the race itself @PeanutsMolloy
  • Options
    What a ride that was!
  • Options
    I'm on midnight River/velvet elvis double... national just got a bit more interesting 😬
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Dunboyne going for a major walk, 80/1.
    Ground is probably too quick but 160 Win on Betfair had to be taken with the chance that blinkers do the business.
    Has the stamina in his genes but has to be able to stay within reasonable range.
    We'll see.

2 bites of the cherry for the Captain's Stateroom.

PS Back into the earth's atmosphere at 110 now - glad I'm not the only eternal optimist.
  • Options
    That 3m chase winning time supports official straight GS on the Mildmay.

Supposedly GS (Soft places - generally at the furthest part of the course) on the National course.

We shall see.

Best of luck all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Supposedly GS (Soft places - generally at the furthest part of the course) on the National course.

We shall see.

Best of luck all.
    And to you Peanuts. Whatever happens it's always a joy to read your thoughts. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023

We shall see.

Best of luck all.
    And to you Peanuts. Whatever happens it's always a joy to read your thoughts. 
    Cheers @Addick Addict
    Good luck with yours.

Added issue now of whether some horses may boil over with the apparent delay we may have.
    I've got 2 of the more likely!!  :s   

If we ever get there, PLEASE, let them go first time at the start !!!!
  • Options
    I see the swampy mob have turned up.
  • Options
    Just turned over to ITV to see the yoof of today disrupting events. 

I'd glue them to the fences AFTER the race & leave them there overnight. 
  • Options
    Just turned over to ITV to see the yoof of today disrupting events. 

I'd glue them to the fences AFTER the race & leave them there overnight. 
    Pathetic attempt from these freaks. Well done the OB 👏
  • Options
    Only race I'm interested in during the year & backed 6 horses based on @PeanutsMolloy excellent preview. Only a few pounds each way but if 1 comes in I think I'll get my money back.....although the odds I got at William Hills earlier is not going to be as good as others on here. 
  • Options
    The Big Dog & Lifetime Ambition for me. 

Jockeys are both in Red & White so hopefully I’ll be able to pick them out
  • Options
    They're sticking themselves to the fences with glue made from dead horses!
  • Options
    AP is fuming. He’s going in but if this was past the watershed he’d be a lot worse 🤣