Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2023

Comments

• Options
    2 horses died at Aintree today,same every year,Sport of kings ,Great sporting occasion,Animals dying just for people to have a great day out,hope you all enjoyed it.
  • Options
    My horse Bluelight Bay is running in the 0-100 3 yo 150pm at Newmarket on Thursday. 
    I think it will be very difficult for him to win, he is high in the handicap ( rated 93) but I will travel in hope as usual ( and as befits a Charlton fan ) 
  • Options
    Great thread regardless of the result. The GN is a lottery 
  • Options
    2 horses died at Aintree today,same every year,Sport of kings ,Great sporting occasion,Animals dying just for people to have a great day out,hope you all enjoyed it.
    Utter tosh
  • Options
    Utter tosh
    you clearly enjoy innocent animals breaking their necks in the name of sport.
  • Options
    I somehow doubt he does.
  • Options
    Animals die every day. People die every day. Same every year.
  • Options
    @PeanutsMolloy
    great thread mate. 
    Thank you for your hard work and dedication. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, would you rather that those horses had never existed? That is the alternative. 
  • Options
    So, would you rather that those horses had never existed? That is the alternative. 
    They’d rather they were left in a field where they pick up more injuries and suffering and thousands of people are out of work. They’re idiots.
  • Options
    Ah fuck off. Ed Chamberlain summed it up perfectly, both sides love horses. So sit down and talk, go to the yards, look at the statistics and see the bigger picture. But they won’t, same as the cunts that glue (Orp horses) their hands to roads. They just want disruption cos it gives them a false impression that they’re important.
    Ed chamberlain and the whole of the ITV were professional personified. They summed it up brilliantly and are clearly more knowledgeable on the equine subject than the utter cnuts that tried to halt the race. All they did was stress the horses out and give the race more attention. Well done to the OB, stewards and punters for stopping them and allowing the race to go ahead. 
  • Options
    I seriously think they need to reduce the field size.
    So many horses get taken out early. Good ones too. Hampered by horses that really shouldn't be anywhere near it.
    The course and distance is spectacle enough without the need for the melee's that happen on the first circuit each and every year.
  • Options
    So many horses get taken out early. Good ones too. Hampered by horses that really shouldn't be anywhere near it.
    The course and distance is spectacle enough without the need for the melee's that happen on the first circuit each and every year.
    I agree with this 
  • Options
    You do that it just becomes another standard grade 3 handicap. We saw a 5 horse race at sedgefield on Thursday end in drama, it happens. They’ve taken so many steps in increasing safety, I saw they have white slats on the fences now cos university of Exeter and the BHA spent thousands researching. I firmly believe that the protestors added to the drama today.
  • Options
    They’d rather they were left in a field where they pick up more injuries and suffering and thousands of people are out of work. They’re idiots.
    I'm sure that they think that that is what the horses would be doing if they weren't racing, running around a field, having a lovely life, without a care in the world.
    The truth is that without racing they would never have been born. 
    These idiot protesters need a reality check and try living in the real world. 
  • Options

These animal activists are completely bonkers - if we ban racing, there will be no thoroughbred horses that’s 20,000 less horses a year, if we ban meat eating there is no need for pigs, sheep and cattle.

• Options
    Make the race safer for the good of the horses, not a spectacle for humans. 
  • Options

The fact that the groups spokesperson has commented "Police are wasting time chasing protesters rather than addressing the climate and ecological emergency, and our broken relationship to animals", shows you what irrational morons they are and do their cause publicly no favours. I suppose they think the vets in attendance should have been off dealing with the problem of water companies releasing sewage into our waters instead aswell?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But it IS a spectacle for humans. That's the whole point, surely?
  • Options

These animal activists are completely bonkers - if we ban racing, there will be no thoroughbred horses that’s 20,000 less horses a year, if we ban meat eating there is no need for pigs, sheep and cattle.

You are spot on. They’re clueless. If we ban meat, do these morons really think that hundreds of thousands of pigs and sheep are just going to live off the fat of the land! Same with horses. They are bred for a reason. Without reason, they won’t be bred. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    They have, massively over the last few years. But they’re animals, unpredictable. 

Have you looked into the actual facts and information regarding the safety?
  • Options
    I agree, the horses should have been wearing masks.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    But it IS a spectacle for humans. That's the whole point, surely?
    So it doesn't matter if a few horses lose their lives, as long as it is a spectacle for humans. Horses are still dying even though it has been 'made safer'. 
  • Options
    Make em wear masks for a start off
  • Options
    I believe 3 horses have died this week. I don't object to horse racing per se, but when horses are still dying, there needs to be more done to prevent this from happening.

23 horses didn't finish the race, either having fallen, unseated their rider or pulled up, so it's hardly a safe race.
  • Options
    I think that because of this the race result should be null and void and bookmakers required to pay back all stakes.
  • Options
    I believe 3 horses have died this week. I don't object to horse racing per se, but when horses are still dying, there needs to be more done to prevent this from happening.

23 horses didn't finish the race, either having fallen, unseated their rider or pulled up, so it's hardly a safe race.
    You didn’t answer my question