Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2023

Comments

• Options
    I suggest letting some of the scouse lads in the grandstand bars get down to the Canal Turn to explain things to them.

• Options
    It just makes the greatest horse race in the world even more relevant. 
  • Options
    They need to skip the parade IMHO.
  • Options
    I suggest letting some of the scouse lads in the grandstand bars get down to the Canal Turn to explain things to them.

Few of the locals were down there throwing windmills. Good on em.
  • Options
    Anyone know what William Hills do regarding odds. I thought the betting slip said they give you the best / starting price, but what they gave me back had their prices at the time I made the bet (12.30 this afternoon). Any idea ?
  • Options
    Anyone know what William Hills do regarding odds. I thought the betting slip said they give you the best / starting price, but what they gave me back had their prices at the time I made the bet (12.30 this afternoon). Any idea ?
    If you’ve got best odds guaranteed, you’ll be paid out more if the starting price is higher than the price you got at 12:30.
  • Options
    Best odds guaranteed - you will get the higher price of 1) the odds when you placed the bet or 2) the official starting price.
  • Options
    Best odds guaranteed - you will get the higher price of 1) the odds when you placed the bet or 2) the official starting price.
    Thanks 
  • Options
    Jesus. It's chaos at the start. 
  • Options
    Listening to the commentary and I'm just hearing about fallers at this fence that fence and how they hope loose runners 'don't cause a problem'. Scummy race needs to be stopped.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lots of fallers this year. 
  • Options
    Rubbish race this year, mess from start to finish. 
  • Options
    Rubbish race this year, mess from start to finish. 
    I thought it was exciting at the end. Leader got caught at the last fence & the winner just sprinted clear.

@PeanutsMolloy didn't recommend any of the front runners.

Think I might have got 6th. Not sure what WH pay out on. 
  • Options
    Corach Rambler 1st
    Vanillier 2nd
    Gaillard du Mensil 3rd
    Noble Yeats 4th
    The Big Dog 5th
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Said it before; if the horses don't like it, they wouldn't get into the sport in the first place.
  • Options
    Umpteen pages on here and Corach Rambler didn’t get a single mention that I can remember. Didn’t even get a thrill from any of mine. I got the third placed horse but didn’t have it each way and it was never in it. Mugs game 🤣😉
  • Options
    Though the Rambler looked to have national pedigree after watching his Cheltenham win. Thought today came too soon after that so didn't back him!
    DOH!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Gaillard Du Mesnil and Cloudy Glen for the National 
    As of March 13th. Wiped my face thanks to the 3rd place finish 
  • Options
    Fantastic win for the Rambler. 
    I was not a believer but he was a very worthy winner indeed. Well done Lucinda, Scu and Derek Fox - beautiful ride. 

Carnage out there from the first - watching mine drop out by pretty much every conceivable manner one by one.
    That was a huge disappointment for my model, no fudging it. 
    Gaillard Du Mesnil got his place and A Wave Of The Sea ran creditably but sincere apologies to those who followed my selections.
    Will do an autopsy in due course but Portman Road and Aintree both a debacle.
    I need a drink.  

No need to apologise, they’re animals, anything can happen! 

I was just remarking at how well the previously amazing Delta Work was running and it unseated it’s rider. It happens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was very messy. All that form etc but if a 100/1 ball bag jumps across you it means nothing.
  • Options
    Corach Rambler 1st
    Vanillier 2nd
    Gaillard du Mensil 3rd
    Noble Yeats 4th
    The Big Dog 5th
    Born By The Sea 6th
    Roi Mage 7th
  • Options
    Now I am aware that Mister Coffey goes against a lot of trends not least trip, Topham run and trainer's record in the National but I do have an interest in him at big prices. 
    Thought you'd cracked it there @Addick Addict
    Great run - bad luck. 
  • Options
    corach Rambler up with the pace only one winner
  • Options
    I had Wave of the Sea & I think it came in 6th. Had £2 each way so I think that means £1 on the "place" bit of the bet. Betting slip had 50/1 so 5th of the odds means I get £10 plus my stake back. Is that right ? 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Corach Rambler 1st
    Vanillier 2nd
    Gaillard du Mensil 3rd
    Noble Yeats 4th
    The Big Dog 5th
    Born By The Sea 6th
    Roi Mage 7th
    Mister Coffey 8th
    A Wave Of The Sea 9th
    Le Milos 10th

17 completed.

That should just about cover every possible extra place / top 10 result…
  • Options
    Great fun as always Peanuts. 

Thanks for all your efforts. 
  • Options
    I had Wave of the Sea & I think it came in 6th. Had £2 each way so I think that means £1 on the "place" bit of the bet. Betting slip had 50/1 so 5th of the odds means I get £10 plus my stake back. Is that right ? 
    No. wrong horse
  • Options
    It's not a pension winning year Peanuts, as always it was close. 

My own bets, came in without loss, keep it up because next year, we will all be doubling down and be millionaires. 👍😁
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Said it before; if the horses don't like it, they wouldn't get into the sport in the first place.
    Indeed. They may give it the big ‘un at the Badminton Horse Trials but you never see one at the Horse Badminton Trials.