Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD; Charlton Athletic V Bolton Wanderers | Saturday 28th January 2023 | KO 12.30pm

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Penny is having a mixed game.
    Like a reverse Purrington. You can see him moving into midfield to provide an option, getting up the flank and being a part of a lot of build up but doesn't look as defensively solid. Ness isn't doing him any favours today though, might benefit more from O'Connell alongside him
    Our full backs are both very narrow in defence and wide when we attack.  Not sure who is meant to be outside them? 
    Well, we've got two wingers playing inverted so you'd imagine the full backs are meant to be offering the width themselves to allow the wingers to cut in and give the defenders decisions to make. We've seen that with Penney but CBT seems to be entirely focused on how many times he can run past his fullback and hasn't thought of anything beyond that
  • Options
    Sky have their heads right up Bolton arses dont they
  • Options
    We've restarted and Dobbo goes back to AMB.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. Too close. 
  • Options
    Game over.

Unless we only come from a goal down live on TV  
    ffs only another 80+ minutes to go...🤷‍♂️
    As they say......"if you know your history...."
  • Options
    Bolton keeper collects on the edge of his area under pressure from CBT
  • Options
    Could be 3-0 here. Bar the odd spark from our wide men we really haven't been at it
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Penny is having a mixed game.
    Like a reverse Purrington. You can see him moving into midfield to provide an option, getting up the flank and being a part of a lot of build up but doesn't look as defensively solid. Ness isn't doing him any favours today though, might benefit more from O'Connell alongside him
    Our full backs are both very narrow in defence and wide when we attack.  Not sure who is meant to be outside them? 
    Well, we've got two wingers playing inverted so you'd imagine the full backs are meant to be offering the width themselves to allow the wingers to cut in and give the defenders decisions to make. We've seen that with Penney but CBT seems to be entirely focused on how many times he can run past his fullback and hasn't thought of anything beyond that
    Sorry I meant when we were defending.  It caused us a problem just there.  Their wide players, on both sides, we free and we basically had 4 center backs.
  • Options
    Close from Bolton, didn't expect it but just saw the ball fizzing past the post on Replay 😅
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Could be 3-0 here. Bar the odd spark from our wide men we really haven't been at it
    What about the two JRS chances?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's really annoying watching Clare duck his head out of the way of that free kick in slow motion. I'm not saying you have to take a full force free kick square in the face but...take that full force free kick in the face Sean.
  • Options
    Bolton come down our right, the ball comes central and a shot from distance whizzes just wide of the post for a goal kick.
  • Options
    Wtf is this ref on?! 
  • Options
    AMB races out the side of his area and hoofs the ball up into the upper west.
  • Options
    CBT is two footed so can go on the outside and TBF to Rak Sakyi will also on occasion take the outside.

I just can't see Bolton not scoring More goals today.
  • Options
    That was so close to 0-2.
  • Options
    Their 17 is a cheating ****.
  • Options
    Going forward they are far better than us. 

Whether that could be because of the difference in defenses or strikers/midfielders I don't know. 
  • Options
    Shoretire goes down under pressure from Clare near the RH corner of our area and they have a free kick.
  • Options
    Ball comes in to the edge of the 6 yard box but we manage to clear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When we come back and win this 2-1 all the post-match guff will be about 'has this harmed Bolton's promotion push?' and bugger all about us.

It's a good job I hint got Sky's commentary on, only "Unbiased Tel".

PS: get well soon @StubleyAddick
  • Options
    Bolton down our left this time, Dobbo vlocks the cross and they have a corner.
  • Options
    When we come back and win this 2-1 all the post-match guff will be about 'has this harmed Bolton's promotion push?' and bugger all about us.

I mean they were talking a moment ago about the elbow the Bolton player got when AMB came and tried to catch the ball - Nothing about the late studs up challenge on Bonne that was visible on the replay
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Wtf is this ref on?! 
    Work experience 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Yeah that's what I meant by the bold bit
  • Options
    We have a free kick for a push in the box by Santos on Inniss
  • Options
    Bolton's movement is too much for us at the moment. Need to get to HT at 0-1.
  • Options
    Blatant handball by them midway in their half and we have a free kick.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Yeah that's what I meant by the bold bit
    So it could be 3-2 then... Not 3-0
  • Options

I mean they were talking a moment ago about the elbow the Bolton player got when AMB came and tried to catch the ball - Nothing about the late studs up challenge on Bonne that was visible on the replay
    Their player shouldn't have tried head-butting AMB's arm then.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!