Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gavin Kilkenny

Comments

• Options
    Being made to sound decent enough - look forward to his debut. Good luck OMG he Kilkenny!

Mysterion let it be known that Kenny can't actually die.

Perhaps Gavin kilkenny might get what looks like a serious injury one day, he gets stretchered off but strangely enough he's completely fine the next day and everyone's already forgotten about it.

He might be invincible 

• Options
    As long as they don't start selling his beer. I'm quite happy with Meantime Prime Pale!
  • Options
    Can't say I know too much about him, but based on others opinions he seems a decent option in CM. Looks very much like he is a Dean Holden signing so that's one positive. Fraser, Dobbo, Morgan, Kilkenny looks good enough for what we need. Hope he does well.

You lost me at 'Morgan' and 'good enough'.
  • Options
    I hope he's as good as Kilkenny, the place. There's one street with four pubs in a row. And the Marble City Bar round the corner.
  • Options
    welcome Gavin and all the very best in your time at the Valley .. something tells me you are gonna be as good as Josh Cullen, and that is VERY good 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I have a sense that we might enjoy this guy so hopefully when the big bucks takeover happens we can make this a permanent, wonder if we have this already organised within the paperwork
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    Being made to sound decent enough - look forward to his debut. Good luck OMG he Kilkenny!

Mysterion let it be known that Kenny can't actually die.

Perhaps Gavin kilkenny might get what looks like a serious injury one day, he gets stretchered off but strangely enough he's completely fine the next day and everyone's already forgotten about it.

He might be invincible 

He might even be the new, new Matt Smith. :smile:

• Options
    Have to say it’s been a good window. A lot of players no longer required moved on, decent incoming and kept our best players.
  • Options
    The official release says subject to EFL approval. I've never noticed this before. Is this just me or could there be more behind this than meets the eye? 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    There I am thinking: 'Good, he's not a former player...'

But turns out he's Dean Holden's former player!

Top scouting again guys. 
    I think they must have lost the key to the Black Box.
  • Options
    Good to get him in on loan good grafter & will definitely strengthen our midfield  B)
  • Options
    Good signing hopefully, but then so was Mcgrandles 🤦🏻‍♂️

As long as he's more consistent than Morgan and more available than Mcgrandles it's an improvement on the squad space. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    How tall is he?
    Elfsberg? Not very, I'm told. 

Affirmative 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Contract expiring at the end of the loan is a right touch. Hopefully we can get him in permanently if he's any good! 
  • Options
    Bit of luck he will last longer than Todd Kane has so far. 

Will judge the lad once he wears a Charlton shirt
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Callumcafc said:
    Sounds like he gives us more of a Cullen style player to play alongside Dobson and give us a bit more of a 4-4-2 option, or 3-5-2.

• Options
    My biggest reservation, is that Kill Kenny is apparently only 5' 7".

He's been described as a tenacious and with a good range of passing, mustard even, which ticks several boxes - but I have felt we were a bit small and lightweight in central midfield; perhaps I was expecting a bigger more physical player?

It's the Third Division and many players in other teams' midfield often appear bigger, stronger and more physical than ours.

Nevertheless if he can physically compete and consistantly add something extra to our midfield, then he'll be doing his job well.
    Evidently he's Mc Grandles replacement, hoping he's more Josh Cullen.

• Options
    Know nothing about him but if it means no more Albie Morgan then I’m all for it.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Callumcafc said:
    Sounds like he gives us more of a Cullen style player to play alongside Dobson and give us a bit more of a 4-4-2 option, or 3-5-2.

I was thinking 4-2-3-1 myself.

The problem this team has had for 18 months now is leaking goals. Get another body protecting the back four as well as someone who can spray passes to the wide players - our biggest threat.

Also creates a big hole in the no. 10 spot that is made for Fraser to play in.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Callumcafc said:

I was thinking 4-2-3-1 myself.

The problem this team has had for 18 months now is leaking goals. Get another body protecting the back four as well as someone who can spray passes to the wide players - our biggest threat.

Also creates a big hole in the no. 10 spot that is made for Fraser to play in.
      Yeah, good take 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    My biggest reservation, is that Kill Kenny is apparently only 5' 7".

He's been described as a tenacious and with a good range of passing, mustard even, which ticks several boxes - but I have felt we were a bit small and lightweight in central midfield; perhaps I was expecting a bigger more physical player?

It's the Third Division and many players in other teams' midfield often appear bigger, stronger and more physical than ours.

Nevertheless if he can physically compete and consistantly add something extra to our midfield, then he'll be doing his job well.
    Evidently he's Mc Grandles replacement, hoping he's more Josh Cullen.

Cullen was only 5'9 but he knew how to chuck himself about the place. Him alongside Field/Pratley/Bielik meant that one of them did the destroying, so he could keep the game ticking over in possession and get involved in harrying the opposition of out possession. Dobson handles the bastarding at the moment and Fraser isn't a shrinking violet either. I'm hopeful that Kilkenny can give us some control with and without the ball, which will allow us to get the ball to our wingers more, take a bit of the pressure off our full backs and make us less easy to drive through the centre of. It's been two seasons of opposition teams breaking down the middle and overloading us in the gaps between our CBs and full backs, I'm done with it