Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Hector (Page 11 - Signs a NEW one year deal)

Comments

• Options
    Good player for us. Really hope he signs for next year.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Hector is far too good for this pub league level of football. I would love to keep him, but I would imagine there will be many suitors this summer who can offer better money & standard of football. 
    I don’t think he looks ‘far too good’ at all. Yes I’d sign him but I don’t think he’s much better than the average League One Centre half. Certainly doesn’t look head and shoulders above the others.
  • Options
    I watched him quite closely in the first half today and he is so calm and assured on the ball. He also  put in some good headers, blocks and tackles. Made a couple of errors in the second half but all in all quality at this level. I really hope we can keep him.
  • Options
    Still manage to ship goals whenever he plays so not sure he's the 'Championship player-in-waiting' people are claiming. 
    This. I would like to see him back next season but he isn’t an absolute stand out like someone like Ricardo Santos is at this level.

I’d be surprised if fans of other teams we’ve played have even noticed him.

• Options
    Still manage to ship goals whenever he plays so not sure he's the 'Championship player-in-waiting' people are claiming. 
    This. I would like to see him back next season but he isn’t an absolute stand out like someone like Ricardo Santos is at this level.

Totally agree.
  • Options
    Know a bit more than I can post on a forum, amongst fellow fans or not. Have enjoyed watching him with us a great deal, but think we will be some way apart on the things necessary to make this work unfortunately. 🤞 but as things stand would rate stay chances as low as 2/10…
  • Options
    Some good performances, some not so good ones. Like most of the squad which is why we're mid table! 
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Totally agree.
    Hence why it’s hard to judge any future signings until we see them
    play. 

It’s not a perfect science. We aren’t going to sign superstars,  we are, if we get it right , going to sign the right combination of players. 
  • Options
    Know a bit more than I can post on a forum, amongst fellow fans or not. Have enjoyed watching him with us a great deal, but think we will be some way apart on the things necessary to make this work unfortunately. 🤞 but as things stand would rate stay chances as low as 2/10…
    Disappointing news 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We want to offer him a 1 yr contract on £500 a week from the new extended budget 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Hector is far too good for this pub league level of football. I would love to keep him, but I would imagine there will be many suitors this summer who can offer better money & standard of football. 
    I don’t think he looks ‘far too good’ at all. Yes I’d sign him but I don’t think he’s much better than the average League One Centre half. Certainly doesn’t look head and shoulders above the others.
    I don’t know Large, he does look taller than you think.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Notice that he mentions the Contract offers for both Hector and Thomas

But nothing mentioned regarding Henry

Wonder if we have just offered token terms, so we get compensation for him
  • Options
    Scoham said:

That made sense with Fosu as we knew he had the potential to step up to a higher level despite his form with us under Bowyer.

Henry’s too young to write off but I can’t see clubs paying a fee for him. Anyone who can give him regular football probably couldn’t afford it.

Perhaps other clubs higher up see potential and would loan him out for a few seasons?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

That made sense with Fosu as we knew he had the potential to step up to a higher level despite his form with us under Bowyer.

Henry’s too young to write off but I can’t see clubs paying a fee for him. Anyone who can give him regular football probably couldn’t afford it.

Perhaps other clubs higher up see potential and would loan him out for a few seasons?
    It would only be a nominal fee we'd ask for. Maybe with a sell on clause
  • Options
    No news on his contract but he’s laughing at his former club.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    No news on his contract but he’s laughing at his former club.

He’s also removed all reference to Charlton from his bio ☹️
  • Options
    Carlos Corboran to Leeds. Darren Moore to West Brom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carlos Corboran to Leeds. Darren Moore to West Brom.

Leaving who to take over Wednesday?
  • Options
    Just saw on twitter he’s re-signed 
  • Options
    gerrin! excellent stuff big lad. here's to the infinite hoof and the dainty crossfield alike
  • Options
    Is this confirmed , quality if true 
  • Options
    Good, was decent last season and hopefully a full pre-season will help him more too.
  • Options
    Short-term
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Is this confirmed , quality if true 
    Cawley has confirmed it, 12 month contract.
  • Options
    Good work was worried this may drag on