Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Hector (Page 11 - Signs a NEW one year deal)

Comments

• Options
    Really pleased for Michael and hopefully this will encourage others to join the club, as at present there has not been too much to cheer about, will try and keep positive for some good news over the next few weeks, and boy do we need some!
  • Options
    Glad he signed up but only a year is disappointing. We were led to believe he had championship interest but the fact he signed with us for a year suggests not. I’m assuming we’d have offered him longer but he is hedging his bets. Hopefully if we go up we’d need better anyway so maybe just a year suits us.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Glad to see this one. Actually one of the few I’d say could help us move forward from next season 
  • Options
    Great news. Thought he looked very classy and will be great to see what he can do with a full preseason. Him and Ness should be a quality pairing. 
  • Options
    A good signing, another part of the jigsaw, how many more do we need?
  • Options
    Any idea if he will be off to Wrexham in January?
  • Options
    Glad he signed up but only a year is disappointing. We were led to believe he had championship interest but the fact he signed with us for a year suggests not. I’m assuming we’d have offered him longer but he is hedging his bets. Hopefully if we go up we’d need better anyway so maybe just a year suits us.
    I think a year is a sensible deal given his injury record.  

Ness looks a decent prospect, but we need one more quality centre back.

Hector, Ness and Terrell isn’t enough.  There might be plans to bring Mitchell in (I believe he can play there), but it’s a big ask 
  • Options
    Charlton replaced Oconell with a far better player in Hector so unless a Premiership player comes to the Valley in January then my guess is no. 
  • Options
    Of course not.

He'll go to Gillingham, here he'll partner Ruben Dias.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Hector, Ness and Terrell isn’t enough.  There might be plans to bring Mitchell in (I believe he can play there), but it’s a big ask 
    I'd really like to see Mitchell in midfield next season. He's too good a footballer to play at the back, and I would suspect he's too inexperienced to play as part of a CB pairing
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Has anyone mentioned, if he gets a full pre season under his belt etc etc? ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Scoham said:
    cabbles said:

What injury record? I thought he didn’t play much in his last year or two at Fulham because their first choice CBs stayed fit, he wasn’t out injured.
    Correct. He was on the bench as an unused substitute for most of that period. I think he then took time out to look after his unwell dad?
  • Options
    GET IN!!!!!! Could be a great signing. Seems like a good dude, has the ability to play at a higher level. Keep him fit. 
  • Options
    Not aimed at any one specifically but I don’t get this ‘has the ability to play at a higher level’. If he did how come he’s playing in League One again next season? Not like he’s not had a chance to find a club at a higher level. For me he’s a decent league one footballer, no longer a Championship one.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Not aimed at any one specifically but I don’t get this ‘has the ability to play at a higher level’. If he did how come he’s playing in League One again next season? Not like he’s not had a chance to find a club at a higher level. For me he’s a decent league one footballer, no longer a Championship one.
    Missed a lot of football the last two season. I don't know whether or not he had offers from clubs higher up the pyramid, but when fit and firing I think he can play at the next level given that's where he's spent almost his entire career. 
  • Options
    I think he still has the potential to play at Championship level, in terms of ability anyway. But after a long time of reduced activity and few games he's probably not there yet and might not ever be depending on his mentality and physical fitness.

A decent league one footballer is certainly not a bad thing. Doubly so if it's keeping Lavelle further away from a starting position.
  • Options
    Know a bit more than I can post on a forum, amongst fellow fans or not. Have enjoyed watching him with us a great deal, but think we will be some way apart on the things necessary to make this work unfortunately. 🤞 but as things stand would rate stay chances as low as 2/10…
    Well, there goes your "in-the-know" credibility.

Best you concentrate on your GCSE's now
  • Options
    This is a fairly big deal in my eyes, lad was on decent wages beforehand and if he stays fit he's in the top 10% of centre backs in this division.

A back 5 of Isted, Egbo, Hector, Lloyd, Sessegnon (a big IF I know) will be very strong indeed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty pleased with this one as well. COYR!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Know a bit more than I can post on a forum, amongst fellow fans or not. Have enjoyed watching him with us a great deal, but think we will be some way apart on the things necessary to make this work unfortunately. 🤞 but as things stand would rate stay chances as low as 2/10…
    Well, there goes your "in-the-know" credibility.

Best you concentrate on your GCSE's now
    I took O levels @t@tangoflash that’s how off the mark you are. MH’s agent is his father - I know that he wanted a significant increase in weekly wages for MH to stay and was told that we could not meet it, so either a) demands reduced greatly or b) budget has increased sufficiently to cater for demands. Passed on what I was told in good faith and based on direct dialogue with a recruitment team member. Not sensitive to criticism so will continue to post anything I hear from credible sources, whether intel materialises or not. 👍
    Thanks for sharing what you knew, and thanks for doing it with humility. Obviously I'm glad you were wrong, but it seems like you shared with an honest asessment of what you knew.

Hope the O levels went well. 
    He may not even remember, O levels were replaced by GCSE in 1988  :)
  • Options
    The first bit of good news for ages. 
  • Options
    Very good news very good player
  • Options
    Come on large, you’re a good judge. He just looks classy, and bearing in mind how little he’s played, he looked easily capable of playing at a higher level. 
    And the fact that a player is playing in L1 doesn’t prove that he doesn’t have the ability to player at a higher level. 
  • Options
    I think a one year contract is perfect for the club and player.
    If we go up next season and he plays well we can offer a new contract. 
    If we don't go up then make a decision then.