Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby County vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th February 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Charlton Win
  • Options
    We Always play Shite against Shite teams.
    and we normally raise our Game against Good teams and bigger crowds.
    a draw would be nice at Derby but I honestly think anything could happen, because we are Charlton Athletic 🤩🤩🤩🤩😍😍👍👍👍
  • Options
    Going there expecting nothing apart from a good piss up. 
  • Options
    Well, we've seen all 3 forwards play the line role in the 433 and they've only managed to look slightly better than the last. Given we don't play with a 10 and both wingers  check back inside outside the box (on average) let's go with a slight tweak in the formation, 4231 and get some support to whichever lone forward will be starting...

AMB
           Clare Inniss Ness Sess
                Kilkenny Dobson 
       Rak-sakyi   Payne    CBT
                         Bonne

Lumbering gym bro Aneke back to super  sub status.

A glorious 3-1 loss

• Options
    Far from a easy game for us need to be at our best to get anything out of it going for a tight,
    1-1 draw Come On You Reds  : B)
  • Options
    COYR 
  • Options
    Reasons to be cheerful
    from the "the internet"
    1 in 112 million chance of being killed by a vending machine
    1 in 3.7 million chance of being eaten by a shark
    1 in 1530 chance in 80 yr lifetime of being hit by lightening
    Whats the chance of doing a double over Derby?

• Options
    The playing staff cannot be immune to the off the field chaos and farce. 

3-0

A salutary reminder we are mid-table League One on a good day and our defence is a bit worse than that.

• Options
    Comfortable away win 0-4
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    The real enjoyment for me now the season is effectively over is seeing new players getting a chance.
    Kilkenny hasn’t really made much of an impression yet, so hoping to see an improvement from him, and I looking forward to seeing more of Hector.
    Up against a very physical, tall side (not Derby I think?) Inniss and Hector might be a good pairing, but it’d be difficult to drop Ness who has looked classy so far. 
    Aneke almost counts as a new player. If they’ve really been getting him fit over the last few weeks he could be a threat for us, if we can bring him into the game more. Play to his feet a bit more. 
    Would be interested to see more of Kane, but he’s still injured I believe?
    To be honest, I think the performance is more important than the result tomorrow. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Derby could only draw with ten man Lincoln the other night and had to equalise to get that point. Not necessarily a sign of a team firing on all cylinders. Stop them from scoring early on or get an early goal against them and it’ll put the pressure on them and their fans.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Everything points to a royal rogering by the invincible rams. Which probably means we will get something unexpected out of this. 
  • Options
    Derby 1 Charlton 2
    Gary Nelson with a last minute winner
  • Options
    No idea - just like every game this season - we are capable of winning but probably a defeat - hope not and hope our travelling fans get some reward for their efforts
  • Options
    I suspect that we'll come home with a respectable defeat, say 2-0 or 2-1.

Not going to this game, in a season where surprisingly I've been (in relative terms) a good luck charm, having seen 3 out of our 4 away wins in the league, and only 1 of our 5 defeats.
  • Options
    I also have no idea about the outcome of this one. Our form has been poor again recently and I am sure all that is going on off the field must have some negative impact, so expecting a defeat. However, we usually play better against the better teams who come at us rather than park the bus, so who knows. My recent predictions have been rubbish, so secretly hoping this one is too!

We need Leaburn and Sessegnon starting. I don't see the point starting Chuks (guessing he may be struggling with fitness following Tuesday). If Miles is still not fit enough then I guess it will be Bonne starting. Whoever starts up front, they have to be better supported and not left isolated most of the time.
  • Options
    Think we're gonna have another shite performance and lose 3-0
  • Options
    Derby reported many players were sick after Tuesday game and probably why they looked so tired during the game 
  • Options
    their form has dropped in their last two games, from a very high standard.. Lincoln got a point there last game, our away form is decent and (as usual) I have high hopes of at least a very hard earned point

Derby County 1 v CAFC 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Derby reported many players were sick after Tuesday game and probably why they looked so tired during the game 
    let's hope they are all as sick as (the proverbial) parrots at 17.00 hoursish tomorrow
  • Options
    A must win.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A must win.
    For Derby 
  • Options
    just looked again at the Derby/Lincoln highlights, the Derby goal was WELL offside, let's hope we don't get done that way tomorrow 
  • Options
    Derby until the past two games have been on a very good run and look to get back to winning ways. Not sure about this one as the unexpected good happen but more likely a Derby win, 1-0. 
  • Options
    Pompey 1 Cafc 3
    Exeter 1 Cafc 2
    FGR 0 Cafc 1

3 away wins in a row for the mid table team.

You would've to be drunk and on drugs to tip Charlton to win a 4th straight away win.

Derby 2 Charlton 3 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A must win.

• Options
    1-1.
  • Options
    Eldest son has made his way to 4 away games this season without me and has a good record of draw @Burton , Wins @ Pompey and  Exeter and postponed at Peterborough.
    Today he’ll suffer his first defeat with his second visit to Derby .
    Space cadet numbers dwindled just two of them going to this one 
  • Options
    3-0 Derby. See us getting outclassed today.