Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby County vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th February 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2023
    I think we need Dobbo and Kilkenny to kick everything that moves and that should make things interesting if the ref doesn't stamp down on it. Get the ball wide and ask CBT and JRS to run at them and you never know. Also, if we take the lead, don't sit back but carry on kicking them. It's a great leveller.

(edit)

I basically mean be very competitive in the middle
  • Options
    Looking forward to today but I have given up trying to predict a result with us atm. Last week I thought it was a guaranteed 3 points. This week I wouldnt be surprised at anything, if we dont turn up it could be a proper hiding
  • Options
    Just come across a load of Charlton vhs tapes sorting the loft out 

what was the score?

• Options
    Is Leaburn still out?

Bonne and Aneke not fit or strong enough 
  • Options

what was the score?

3-0 to Charlton ? If it’s the one I’m thinking about, even Andy Jones scored.
  • Options
    At the start of the season everyone would have taken one win one loss v Derby .. so today is a fee hit for us . 
    No Charlton fan will be surprised if we come away with a win because that’s what we do .. 

• Options
    At the start of the season everyone would have taken one win one loss v Derby .. so today is a fee hit for us . 
    No Charlton fan will be surprised if we come away with a win because that’s what we do .

I would be. Wrong again Ronnie.
  • Options
    3-1 Charlton. 

Why not ? 
  • Options
    No Charlton fan will be surprised if we come away with a win because that’s what we do .

I would be. Wrong again Ronnie.
    I wouldn't, this team is capable of win, lose or draw so any result is possible. If we put in a Plymouth (H), Pompey (A) or Man Utd type performance a win is possible. If we play like we did against Fleetwood or Forest Green we will get beaten 
  • Options
    Think we might get battered today.  Was impressed with how Derby switch the play in the home game and I think there movement will be too much for Clare and Penney. Hoping Sessegnon is fit enough to start. 

PS I realise we won the reverse fixture but still not sure how!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reasons to be cheerful
    from the "the internet"
    1 in 112 million chance of being killed by a vending machine
    1 in 3.7 million chance of being eaten by a shark
    1 in 1530 chance in 80 yr lifetime of being hit by lightening
    Whats the chance of doing a double over Derby?

I don't believe that. 
  • Options
    It's one in 15300 in the US, and lightning strikes are far more common there than in the UK.

• Options
    Reasons to be cheerful
    from the "the internet"
    1 in 112 million chance of being killed by a vending machine
    1 in 3.7 million chance of being eaten by a shark
    1 in 1530 chance in 80 yr lifetime of being hit by lightening
    Whats the chance of doing a double over Derby?

I don't believe that. 
    Just to back jimmy up, I’m 70 and been involved in 3 lightening strike, two on aeroplanes the last made the national news as the pilot managed to land the plane without any instrumentation (want a nice experience, especially as they shut Stanstead airport and had ambulances and fire engines out on the runway, was relieved when we landed), the third was whilst playing cricket, lightening hit the ground and got a mild shock via my studs.  
  • Options
    Will be like the Bolton game where we see how far we are off the teams actually challenging for promotion today. 
  • Options
    Blucher said:

what was the score?

3-0 to Charlton ? If it’s the one I’m thinking about, even Andy Jones scored.
    Ha! I've got this one!

• Options
    IanJRO said:
    Think we might get battered today.  Was impressed with how Derby switch the play in the home game and I think there movement will be too much for Clare and Penney. Hoping Sessegnon is fit enough to start. 

PS I realise we won the reverse fixture but still not sure how!
    We scored one goal, they didn’t…
  • Options
    And if you look at the final league table you'll see what a great result that was. It makes today's challenge look easy by comparison.
  • Options
    I'll only watch until we're down 4-0.
  • Options
    Eldest son has made his way to 4 away games this season without me and has a good record of draw @Burton , Wins @ Pompey and  Exeter and postponed at Peterborough.
    Today he’ll suffer his first defeat with his second visit to Derby .
    Space cadet numbers dwindled just two of them going to this one 
    That's a positive spin on things  :D
  • Options
    Will be watching Charlton TV today. The first time I've been to Paris in ages, as I went to the last 2 away games, went to Bromley on the day of the postponed Posh game, and went to Dartford when we played at Pompey!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

what was the score?

My first ever Charlton game that!

If only I knew then how much I would suffer for choosing Charlton.
  • Options
    Kilkenney on the bench with Innis, Hector and Morgan in.
  • Options
    Decent lineup TBF, but I have no confidence in us getting a result. Shame that Leaburn is still out.
  • Options
    With no Leaburn our "front 2" have just 1 goal between them all season.

Impressive. 
  • Options

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Clare, Hector, Ness, Sessegnon; Morgan, Dobson (c), Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Bonne, Blackett-Taylor

Substitutes: Wollacott, Inniss, Penney, Kilkenny, Payne, Campbell, Aneke

• Options
    Match Thread is up!!
  • Options

Impressive. 
    RakSak and Corey have scored quite a few though
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Impressive. 
    RakSak and Corey have scored quite a few though
    Every week Golfie will make some comment about our forwards and goals.

Every week I will reply that we are in the top 6 for goals scored in the league, and bottom 4 for games failed to score in.

I then point out our quiet horrendous defensive stats, especially in keeping clean sheets, and then wonder why he never mentions how bad our defence has been. 

• Options
    Because despite playing as a right back all his footballing life, he dreamt of scoring goals.