Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD ; Derby County V Charlton Athletic ; Saturday 18th February 2023 ; KO 3.00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can we pan the camera up a couple of cm and zoom in a touch? Current view looks shit for CharltonTV
    I am watching Rams TV on the IPTV app, good all round and the commentary is unbiased 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    When's the last time we played well? Exeter? 

Even that was a single half. 
  • Options
    The front three are anonymous. Can't really fault anyone else, Albie is doing his chicken with his head cut off impression but apart from that. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Apart from Dobbo can’t think of one outfield player worth more than 4/10.
    How shit must Derby be if that’s the case if the only goal they’ve managed to score is a gifted penalty 
  • Options
    Derby Comms: "Charlton are here for the taking, but you know with a team like Charlton, that they only need one chance"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    RedChaser said:
    How shit must Derby be if that’s the case if the only goal they’ve managed to score is a gifted penalty 
    Derby are putting in the type of performance that always reminds me back to when we beat QPR 1-0 with than Johnnie Jackson goal... They're the better team, but they're all fart, no substance
  • Options
    HT 1-0 

Suppose the scoreline ok losing only by a pen .. but most of Derby attacks have started with us losing the ball up the pitch .. CBT having a stinker lost count how many times he lost the ball now .. Saki not in has one on one poor control cost him and Morgan shot wide …
    Hector done well , apart from pen ball hit at him but he did move his arm .. would we have got it ??
    Bonne done well win a few headers and created our only chance .. apart from that Mid completely outplayed and outnumbered . CBT and Raki got to do more both forward and defensively..

But we are still in it .. AMB not really been tested as such so Derby not over impressive themselves but we are making it to easy for them
  • Options
    This is what I feared would happen under Holden. He's made the side more solid and given them more belief, which is great. Seems a good man manager. But in terms of tactics and a system, it feels like we've hit an absolute brick wall. 

There were warning signs for me when he came in and talked about how the players were too used to possession football. And obviously, things under Garner weren't working, but we've now swung too far in the opposite direction where we can't pass to each other and we looked lost in possession unless we have loads of open space in front of us. 

Holden has gotten the ship righted. He deserves immense credit for that. But we saw it with Jacko and Adkins and to an extent from Garner, what do you do once the new manager bounce wears off? What do you do when teams have figured out how your sides play?

With Jacko and Adkins, things got bad. This is a better first 11 than either of them had. FGR on Tuesday was really poor, but we somehow won. We've been awful in patches today, and we're still in it.

For me, this is a big second half in terms of learning how Holden adjusts. This isn't just geeing your players up, this is making tweaks to get them refocused and to make us more dangerous with the ball. 
  • Options
    Own worst enemies. Pissing around at the back and in midfield. Bonne again totally isolated. CBT, Hector Ness, Fraser all really poor. Been on a downward spiral again (performance wise) for a few weeks and no sign of things improving any time soon.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    My highlight so far has been reporting my girlfriend missing to the stadium safeguarding officer, getting to the point of a tannoy announcement, then checking the seats on our actual tickets at his suggestion and finding her there. Missed a good 15 minutes of the game at least 
    Did your Girlfriend give the pleading eyes of "Why did you help him" to the Safeguarding officer?
    Sympathy was in notably short supply 
  • Options
    Let's be honest- I think bonne is hopeless.

But playing this system with just a lone striker would make anyone look bad. Leaburn is our only forward who can play this role. We need someone up close to Bonne to have any threat up front.
  • Options
    I'm surprised that JRS didn't do better with that chance and win a penalty, with his years of training at Palace 
  • Options
    Is Leaburn really injured or kept safe for an agreed sale later on, seems a mystery to me.
  • Options
    That international fan guy, is it me, he sounds just like Thomas, sorry mate.. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    RedChaser said:
    They look a far better team all round. We’ve lived a charmed life that first 45 gifting them chance after chance. Holden needs to give the tactics board a good kicking a la Oxford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HT 1-0 

Suppose the scoreline ok losing only by a pen .. but most of Derby attacks have started with us losing the ball up the pitch .. CBT having a stinker lost count how many times he lost the ball now .. Saki not in has one on one poor control cost him and Morgan shot wide …
    Hector done well , apart from pen ball hit at him but he did move his arm .. would we have got it ??
    Bonne done well win a few headers and created our only chance .. apart from that Mid completely outplayed and outnumbered . CBT and Raki got to do more both forward and defensively..

But we are still in it .. AMB not really been tested as such so Derby not over impressive themselves but we are making it to easy for them
    Am rapidly thinking that the two wide forwards are the reason this team does not click, how many centre forwards played with them now, they can't all be shite ............hold on though 
  • Options
    Wycombe winning 1-0
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

But playing this system with just a lone striker would make anyone look bad. Leaburn is our only forward who can play this role. We need someone up close to Bonne to have any threat up front.
    And who do you take out to give them that support?

The two wingers are only goal threat and we already get over run with 3 in midfield.  
    Basically, our squad is not good enough to be any higher in the league, can only hope the takeover is good and we can look forward to next season
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The two wingers are only goal threat and we already get over run with 3 in midfield.  
    I would be tempted to go 3-5-2. Bring CBT off and Penney on, shift Clare to RCB and Sess to RWB. Bonne and JRS up front. We'd hopefully be more solid and compact. 
  • Options

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I would be tempted to go 3-5-2. Bring CBT off and Penney on, shift Clare to RCB and Sess to RWB. Bonne and JRS up front. We'd hopefully be more solid and compact. 
    Penney, you sure?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

It's odd, we have won our last two away games with RS and CBT getting the goals, then you see a second half at Forest Green and todays first 45 and wonder how they ever put the shirt on. 
  • Options
    Will we make the playoffs?

We're back under way... Dont forget to post your thoughts on the above thread, as the Second Half in Derby begins with a Derby FK outside the left corner of the area
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Kirk scores for Burton. 

I think the players we have "released" have scored more than the ones we brought in. 

Clever January transfer window ...
    Oh, come on, Golfie.

You spent the first half of the season moaning about Kirk every time he played.

And now you're moaning that he's gone.

Find a quote of me moaning about Kirk. 
    Shouldn't be necessary. You moan at everything!  :D

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!