Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD Peterborough vs Charlton Athletic. Tuesday 28th Feb 19.45

edited February 2023 in General Charlton
Well, it looked like nobody else was bothered. Sigh of the times. So I've taken the initiative. Sorry if thats against written/unwriten codes.

Peterborough have thumped Plymouth last game, although some of the goals looked ropey to me (Sky highlights stretched to 3 mins). As if we could be so choosey we haven't scored in the last 2 games. Hang-on, we didn't really create much at all. So Peterborough could send their main men on for 60mins , get the job done and rest them for the weekend.They have enough firepower for 2 teams
Wheres our creativity going to come from? Sorry that rhetorical.
I pray Miles is fit enough to play, JRS can score a brace (but he'll probably settle on 1) and that our leaky defence....doesn't leak.

I'll be cheering the team on from the comfort of my armchair, I can't believe the  dedicated following this team has....through thin and...thinner.
Dean, where's my beers?

Comments

• Options
    I'd have chosen Kingsella as a username - Bumped the official month old thread. 
  • Options
    Was hoping Kanu would be involved due to our striker situation but he is playing for the under 21’s as I type this 
  • Options
    Cheers @KingKinsella 👍
  • Options
    Oh joy …..playing a team hitting peak form in a rearranged fixture from when they had a lot of injuries. I called BS on the postponement and would love to stuff them but alas not with this squad. 
  • Options
    Wasn't planning to watch this one after the shite we've been put through recently, but forgot I paid for the original match stream. The club have sent me a voucher to watch tonight's game so guess I'm gonna ruin another evening 😂
  • Options
    I too think it’s time now for Kanu .. we can’t keep missing chances like Raki and Leaburn have been ..

352 No CBT 

Woolacot ( time to rest AMB and that bloody mask )

Clare
    Ness
    Innis
    Hector
    SS

Dobson
    Fraser
    Henry or Payne number 10 

Bonne 
    Raki ( if Leaburn rested ) 

• Options
    I too think it’s time now for Kanu .. we can’t keep missing chances like Raki and Leaburn have been ..

352 No CBT 

Clare
    Ness
    Innis
    Hector
    SS

Dobson
    Fraser
    Henry or Payne number 10 

Bonne 

Henry is an 8 not a 10. 
  • Options
    Not another game surely. 

Tell me the bad news in the morning..  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd like to see us giving Adigun a go soon, he's developing well. He's built like a footballer and plays like one. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'd like to see us giving Adigun a go soon, he's developing well. He's built like a footballer and plays like one. 
    No good for us then!!
  • Options
    Is that a type error: 'sigh of the times.'?

If it was intentional then it's a good play on words @KingKinsella

• Options
    Wasn't planning to watch this one after the shite we've been put through recently, but forgot I paid for the original match stream. The club have sent me a voucher to watch tonight's game so guess I'm gonna ruin another evening 😂
    I was exactly the same mate. I had decided enough was enough for this season and not watch anymore. I have actually cancelled my monthly subscription for Charlton TV. Then got the voucher, tbh I'm in 2 minds whether to bother watching or not. Sport is supposed to be fun but after supporting Charlton for over 45 years this mob have finally finished me off and that is some feat considering the previous years of shite
  • Options
    If we're going to skip the preview thread, we might as well have skipped the match thread and gone straight to the post match one.

A disappointing 2-0 defeat, Clarke-Harris bullied our defence to score the first, while a poor pass out of defence gifted Jack Taylor the ball and he set up Norburn for the second. 
    Thought I do you all a favour. yep, same principle the players all stay on the coach, don't bother getting injured or dirty. Fast forward to next season please.

• Options
    Tuesday evening stroll...3-0 to the posh.
  • Options
    Another dreadful game ahead. Big defeat looms, 3-0.
  • Options
    COYR 
  • Options
    2 - 0 to Peterborough 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

352 No CBT 

Clare
    Ness
    Innis
    Hector
    SS

Dobson
    Fraser
    Henry or Payne number 10 

Bonne 

Henry is an 8 not a 10. 
    All that is wrong with football in a sentence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reckon they will put at least 10 past us.

That's how ridiculous Charlton are now, just joining in!
  • Options
    Leaburn has travelled 
  • Options
    1-0 to the Addicks. Just a feeling.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

352 No CBT 

Clare
    Ness
    Innis
    Hector
    SS

Dobson
    Fraser
    Henry or Payne number 10 

Bonne 

Henry is an 8 not a 10. 
    And Bonne is a 3 at best on current form.
  • Options
    5-3-2 which I don’t necessarily mind with Sessegnon playing.
  • Options

352 No CBT 

Clare
    Ness
    Innis
    Hector
    SS

Dobson
    Fraser
    Henry or Payne number 10 

Bonne 

I'm so glad that you are not the manager
  • Options

352 No CBT 

Clare
    Ness
    Innis
    Hector
    SS

Dobson
    Fraser
    Henry or Payne number 10 

Bonne 

I'm so glad that you are not the manager
    Going on the team news I think he might be. Perhaps AMB has taken his mask off.
  • Options
    Bloody ATV, just about had enough of it!!!
  • Options
    Michael Caine presenting...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!