Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Really bad players.

Penney
Bonne
Fraser 
CBT
Payne

out of those tonight I genuinely don’t get how they’re good enough for the football league. There seems a lot of players who back in the late 90’s /00’s would have only been good enough for the conference and Isthmian currently in this squad

Comments

• Options
    Penney yes, the rest no.
    Penney not great but tried...Bonne so bad its unbelieveable.  CBT and Fraser weren't great tonight.  Thought Payne had a good game.
  • Options
    Penney yes, the rest no.
    How, Bonne is a disgrace, no first touch and can’t watch the line.
    CBT, great athlete, absolute zero of a football brain. Poor.
    Payne huffs and puffs but nothing
    Fraser, genuinely don’t get the hype. Loads of dreadful touches and gets carried.
    Have seen a lot better than those down the leagues 
  • Options
    I guess you’ve only watched the 1 game this season?
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Missed a few, at most. 
    Enlighten me what you’ve seen that’s different. 
    Am genuinely interested what you’ve seen? 

• Options
    Penney and Bonne can’t disagree Payne below average CBT OK but inconsistent Fraser one of our better players IMO
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    If the five players he has named are part of our team next season we will be mid table again. 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Missed a few, at most. 
    Enlighten me what you’ve seen that’s different. 
    Am genuinely interested what you’ve seen? 

A mid table League 1 squad on their way to a mid table finish?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    esseffect said:
    If the five players he has named are part of our team next season we will be mid table again. 
    It’s only those 5 I’m questioning. Nowhere near good enough to claim to be ‘pros’. Embarrassing to other pros I’d say 
  • Options
    Bonne is awful.
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    I'd rather we bring in some real quality (I know it's not looking likely as things stand) than try to replace the entire squad. Having some of them as back up won't be what stops us getting promoted next season. Both our last two promotion squads included mid table L1 players who got plenty of game time.
  • Options
    Fraser is a decent player.

I don’t think we see enough of Payne to even comment 
  • Options
    Bonne is actually worse than when he moved up a level. For a player that got championship coaching he’s regressed. 
    Played 8 and scored 0. Be interested to see how many shots on target he’s had in those 8 games. I bet it’s not more than 1 per game.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    Bonne is actually worse than when he moved up a level. For a player that got championship coaching he’s regressed. 
    Played 8 and scored 0. Be interested to see how many shots on target he’s had in those 8 games. I bet it’s not more than 1 per game.
    I have a feeling it's 3/4 total. I hoped he'd do something when we had the extra man. Can't be bothered to defend that shit anymore.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Only players from tonight I'd want to see in a Charlton shirt next season are AMB, Ness, Sess, Dobson, Rak-Sakyi and Leaburn.

In reality we'll be lucky to hang on to three of them.

The rest of the players involved tonight are welcome to find a new side... Clare, Inniss, Hector, Penney, Fraser, Payne, Bonne aren't going to get us promoted. Some will stay and can help fill a squad but not heartbroken if they go. Might as well give up by mid-September if they're regular starters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only players from tonight I'd want to see in a Charlton shirt next season are AMB, Ness, Sess, Dobson, Rak-Sakyi and Leaburn.

The rest of the players involved tonight are welcome to find a new side... Clare, Inniss, Hector, Penney, Fraser, Payne, Bonne aren't going to get us promoted.
    Fixed it for you. 

Rest are gone in the summer. 
  • Options
    Penney, Bonne and Clare.
    Can’t split them - all rank.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Penny, Bonne, Clare, Innis, Lavelle, Thomas, Morgan, Payne, Aneke, Kirk... Would be wonderful to get rid of the lot in the summer.  
    Some might get another L1 gig, most would have to drop to L2 imo.
  • Options

The rest of the players involved tonight are welcome to find a new side... Clare, Inniss, Hector, Penney, Fraser, Payne, Bonne aren't going to get us promoted.
    Fixed it for you. 

Rest are gone in the summer. 
    Yep, let’s be honest, unless something changes at the top then we are in for the same old shit next season. We can attract average players that will get us 14th, which is even more frustrating because with the right owner that would change to playoffs. Until that changes, what’s the fucking point.
  • Options
    esseffect said:

esseffect said:

esseffect said:

Easily please Essefect. Clearly never played the game either. He’s reasonable 2 in 5. Tonight:attrocious
  • Options
    I can barely criticise Bonne as I barely notice him. CBT for example gets a lot of ball and attacks, passes, defends and shoots with a wide margin of success. Bonne is just a player the ball bounces off occasionally, usually to a defender. We have players at the club currently that Welling would be looking to offload in the summer.
  • Options

The rest of the players involved tonight are welcome to find a new side... Clare, Inniss, Hector, Penney, Fraser, Payne, Bonne aren't going to get us promoted. Some will stay and can help fill a squad but not heartbroken if they go. Might as well give up by mid-September if they're regular starters.
    I’d start those 5 and patch it up with youth for the rest of the season. Seriously doubting my sanity following these everywhere this season. 
    I
  • Options
    Penney plays like he’s got two left feet. He’s absolute toilet.