Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Really bad players.

Comments

• Options
    I’d trigger the option to extend CBTs contract for another year personally.

Part of the reason we didn’t look like scoring tonight was because a) one of our biggest goal threats was on the bench for over an hour (in CBT) & b) the only other goal threat we have (Rak-Sakyi) was played out of position for a similar period of time.

We never look like scoring when we play 352. This squad suits 433.
    I’d trigger his extension if he develops a brain and the ability to deliver a final ball. He’s so frustrating. As I said, great athlete, poor football brain
  • Options
    Dobson as well. OK to tackle but dreadful at passing and an ability not to score.

But Fraser is shocking and probably set a record for losing the ball tonight.
  • Options
    I’d trigger the option to extend CBTs contract for another year personally.

Part of the reason we didn’t look like scoring tonight was because a) one of our biggest goal threats was on the bench for over an hour (in CBT) & b) the only other goal threat we have (Rak-Sakyi) was played out of position for a similar period of time.

We never look like scoring when we play 352. This squad suits 433.
    I’d trigger his extension if he develops a brain and the ability to deliver a final ball. He’s so frustrating. As I said, great athlete, poor football brain
    If he had the perfect delivery and was consistently great he wouldn’t be playing in league one. 
  • Options
    Fraser is a decent (not outstanding) player, out of form. 
    I thought Payne was ok tonight when in a more attacking role.
    CBT has pace and some trickery, but not combined with a consistent ability to cross the ball.

Bonne and Penney on the other hand have been massive disappointments. Being generous, maybe if Bonne could get one goal, it might improve his confidence and we'll see a better player, as at the moment there's no goal threat, allied with his ability to get caught offside.
  • Options
    I thought with matt penney we were getting someone maybe a cut above going forward but awful defensively similar to charles clayden in the LB position. i guess thats not the case and he's rubbish in every way.
  • Options
    Yes I hate slating our players but Bonne is really not very good......at all😳
  • Options
    Bonne is appalling. Penney is perhaps the worst I have ever seen in a charlton shirt. I’ve never heard a chant directed at our player like that before but he deserves it. 
  • Options
    Bonne is appalling. Penney is perhaps the worst I have ever seen in a charlton shirt. I’ve never heard a chant directed at our player like that before but he deserves it. 
    What was the chant?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     Penney
    Bonne
    Fraser 
    CBT
    Payne

out of those tonight I genuinely don’t get how they’re good enough for the football league. There seems a lot of players who back in the late 90’s /00’s would have only been good enough for the conference and Isthmian currently in this squad
    Yes Penney looks non league every game he's playd.
    Bonne was a little better tonight, but isn't looking up to L1 standard.
    Fraser was rank, couldn't control the ball & looks so continuously out of breath.
    CBT plays one decent game, now and then.
    Payne looks like a 14 year old kid, trying in vain to play in men's football.
    I would be happy if they all went in the summer, assuming we got in better (unlikely).  
  • Options
    Bonne and Penney are painful, Payne is probably the only Garner-ette that gets a sniff, the next window will be carnage as players come back, go back etc. I'm not allowed to drive for medical reasons, but happy to chip in for a cab for those 2. Not quite 08/09 or 15/16 in terms of league position but those were substandard Championship players. This lot just seem to be unfit for purpose, or plainly unfit. Shambolic and dragging our players that have genuine ability down, Fraser a prime example. As for Hector....
  • Options
    Another 10+ signing summer rebuild coming. The only position I'm okay with is the keeper situation with Jojo and AMB , although I could see Jojo going potentially to get games to stay in the Ghana squad.

This is one of those squads that with a couple of exceptions is just completely forgettable. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Another 10+ signing summer rebuild coming. The only position I'm okay with is the keeper situation with Jojo and AMB , although I could see Jojo going potentially to get games to stay in the Ghana squad.

This is one of those squads that with a couple of exceptions is just completely forgettable. 
    The big thing this summer is will it be…

a) 10+ free transfers that result in no improvement & another embarrasing bottom half finish (another Sandgaard season)

or 

b) 10+ decent players that new owners have invested in to enable us to compete with the top 6

There’s undoubtly ALOT of work to do in the summer to avoid next year being another right off & we desperately need a takeover to happen before the end of the season to give us time to deliver that rebuild.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Dobson as well. OK to tackle but dreadful at passing and an ability not to score.

But Fraser is shocking and probably set a record for losing the ball tonight.
    If out of our entire squad of an ineffective disappointments the two you think to highlight are Dobson and Fraser, then, well, the world has gone nuts! 
    Dobson and Fraser are the least of our worries, MB & Leaburn are in that category too imo. I would say Fraser looks jaded and lacking confidence. Is a rest needed or would a goal pick him back up? His shooting and passing last night were atrocious.

Sess would be too were it not for his injury record.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    esseffect said:
    I guess you’ve only watched the 1 game this season?
    If the five players he has named are part of our team next season we will be mid table again. 
    I'd rather we bring in some real quality (I know it's not looking likely as things stand) than try to replace the entire squad. Having some of them as back up won't be what stops us getting promoted next season. Both our last two promotion squads included mid table L1 players who got plenty of game time.
    Most of the squad  is lower league one or league two standard, you only have to look at the recently departed players 
  • Options
    This spiral of shite recruitment,  rinse and repeat is starting to make me feel ill.
    Supporting Charlton is a totally joyless experience with no positive outcome in sight.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    esseffect said:
    I guess you’ve only watched the 1 game this season?
    If the five players he has named are part of our team next season we will be mid table again. 
    I'd rather we bring in some real quality (I know it's not looking likely as things stand) than try to replace the entire squad. Having some of them as back up won't be what stops us getting promoted next season. Both our last two promotion squads included mid table L1 players who got plenty of game time.
    Most of the squad  is lower league one or league two standard, you only have to look at the recently departed players 
    Yes, that’s why they’ve left, but having CBT and Fraser in that squad isn’t going to be what stops us challenging for promotion. They’re not worse than the likes of Lapslie, Reeves, Marshall, Parker etc under Bowyer and arguably they’re better.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

The big thing this summer is will it be…

a) 10+ free transfers that result in no improvement & another embarrasing bottom half finish (another Sandgaard season)

or 

b) 10+ decent players that new owners have invested in to enable us to compete with the top 6

There’s undoubtly ALOT of work to do in the summer to avoid next year being another right off & we desperately need a takeover to happen before the end of the season to give us time to deliver that rebuild.

This is the key point, any takeover needs to be done ASAP so the work behind the scenes can be started properly in terms of building a squad. 

If things drag on then it will be A) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m one of those people that generally warms to Charlton players but I’ve not known a squad I’ve held so little regard for. 

Whilst I think Dobson, AMB, Ness and Leaburn should largely be exempt from criticism, I don’t think there’s a single player I’d be truly gutted about if they moved on. 

I'd add Rak-Sayki to that as he's been class and is fun to watch, although obviously he will go back anyway. The longer players like Bonne and Penney (and others we should definitely be moving on) keep youth players like Kanu and Clayden out of the team the more harm it does.
  • Options
    Unless you've seen Ralph Milne you don't know bad ...
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I’m one of those people that generally warms to Charlton players but I’ve not known a squad I’ve held so little regard for. 

Whilst I think Dobson, AMB, Ness and Leaburn should largely be exempt from criticism, I don’t think there’s a single player I’d be truly gutted about if they moved on. 

Absolutely this @AFKABartram   While my inability to attend is having some impact, I genuinely couldn’t give a stuff about this squad.  I’m disillusioned on every level right down to a petty hatred of our basketball type shorts and socks. I won’t miss a single one of these players apart from Miles and Dobbo. Even then, I feel we laud Dobbo a bit too much just because he’s the best of a very bad bunch and Miles has, well, miles to go to be the finished article. I’ve made a vow not to watch, pay for or be otherwise interested in a match for as long as we have Bonne involved as his re-signing was the straw that finally broke the camel’s back for me after many years of patient tolerance.  That and our continued tolerance of a complete WUM on the site who I’m finding rather tiresome and has a new cause-célebre in Bonne. Childish maybe but everyone has their breaking point and I’ve reached mine. I’m sad to say that I genuinely couldn’t care less until there is a root and branch clear out at the club starting from the top. Apathy rather than anger as the latter is too painful. 
  • Options
    I'd like to see CBT play up front with Leaburn, would it work ? I haven't a clue but if it stops CBT pretending he can cross a ball, it would be worth it. 
  • Options
    Penney is like one of those clowns that kicks the ball away every time they bend over to pick it up. If you see all the doors and wheels falling of a small car in the carpark, it'll be his.
  • Options
    Penney, McGrandles.....Bonne. ......what can i say...Have seen and played against better at Hackney Marshes!