Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD ; Plymouth Argyle V Charlton Athletic ; Saturday 4th March 2023 ; KO 3.00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    Ohhh close from Plymouth, great through ball and Hardie is clean though, AMB makes the block but Hardie gets a rebound which they claim a handball from , but corner given. 
  • Options
    HT 0-0
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Ipswich have scored more goals so far today than our impotent attack will likely score for the rest of the season…
    Scoring goals don't count. Keeling clean sheets do. 

Or so I keep being told. 
  • Options
    To be drawing away at Plymouth is encouraging but  my God we are poor. 
  • Options
    That definitely hit Hector’s upper arm lol
  • Options
    Sounds like Hector is playing much better.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Ipswich have scored more goals so far today than our impotent attack will likely score for the rest of the season…

Or so I keep being told. 

4-4, 0-0… worth the same amount of points

Easier to win games scoring one than scoring five
  • Options
    Doing fairly well here considering we are playing with 9 men.

Bonne and Kilkenny might as well not be out there.

Credit to Hector. Wasn't sure about the value of signing him but he looks very strong.

• Options
    Sounds like Hector is playing much better.
    Our three centre backs have been good, our best players. AMB has made one good save so I suppose he's nailed-on MOTM. Payne the pick of the midfielders. Bonne finding new depths
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

Or so I keep being told. 

We would need to buy players that know where the goal is and then play a system that creates chances for them, neither of these things appear high on charltons to-do list of late
  • Options
    HT. 0-0 

tbh, I wouldnt say it was that bad, some poor individual play with Clare and Bonne in particular  that means Plymouth look more threatening at our end than we do at theirs. 

We could nick a goal on the break if we didnt have Bonne, but, Plymouth could easily be out of sight if we didnt have Ness and Hector. 

• Options
    Doing fairly well here considering we are playing with 9 men.

Bonne and Kilkenny might as well not be out there.

Credit to Hector. Wasn't sure about the value of signing him but he looks very strong.

1 out of 3 window signings worthwhile you say?
    Great.....
  • Options
    Enjoying the commentary on here - thanks to you all.

In fact, it is probably better than the game so far... ;)
  • Options
    Following a similar pattern to the last 4 games, where you can see although we can compete for large stretches of the game, there’s that clear gap in quality in terms of pass and movement in the final third.
  • Options
    Wasn't handball Curbs, Hector keeps his arm by his side, never a pen
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Fumbluff said:

Or so I keep being told. 

We would need to buy players that know where the goal is and then play a system that creates chances for them, neither of these things appear high on charltons to-do list of late
    Trying to grinding out points against teams that are clearly better than you could be considered good management…
  • Options
    Brownie on Hector "Hes covered Inniss a lot today getting done off the shoulder," 

I just wanted to type that out for Leuth. 
  • Options
    Bonne handicaps us, how is he picked again?
  • Options
    Brownie on Hector "Hes covered Inniss a lot today getting done off the shoulder," 

That is what CB's are meant to do. Cover one another. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey said:
    Laddick01 said:
    At least this Bonne loan has confirmed we played a blinder getting 2 million for him.
    He isn't on loan
    We bought him back for £2.5m
    He is definitely at 'last chance saloon'  
    Not just yet. We’ll give him a 3 year contract in the summer.
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Bonne handicaps us, how is he picked again?
    Agreed. If Leaburn is fit  he must come on now
  • Options
    Morgan for Kilkenny and Leaburn for either of Bonne or JRS. Bonne is actually having a better game today, but by that I mean he has occasionally touched the ball - the bar was so low for him at the moment that that is all it takes for him to be having a better game. JRS better than Bonne but he always looks a bit lost in this formation and it might be worth trying a half with a front two comprising two natural strikers. 
  • Options

Inniss' job as central centre-back is to let the more mobile flanking defenders track runs while he hoovers up and blocks. He's saved at least one certain goal doing what he's good at 
  • Options
    When not winning, do not lose ... Curbs has often said
  • Options
     :)  
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Fumbluff said:

Or so I keep being told. 

Trying to grinding out points against teams that are clearly better than you could be considered good management…
    Yeah I’ve got no problem with this set up to be honest. 

Away from home against the team 2nd in the league who move the ball very quickly and have a striker who exploits any gaps very well.

And it’s not like we’ve just sat back and parked the bus, we’ve again got into the final third in decent positions, but just always lack the quality final ball at the moment. 

• Options
    I know it's very easy to jump on the Bonne scapegoat train but I am scrambling my head trying to understand why he's getting picked ahead of Leaburn, he must be doing something amazing in training
  • Options
    Morgan for Kilkenny and Leaburn for either of Bonne or JRS. Bonne is actually having a better game today, but by that I mean he has occasionally touched the ball - the bar was so low for him at the moment that that is all it takes for him to be having a better game. JRS better than Bonne but he always looks a bit lost in this formation and it might be worth trying a half with a front two comprising two natural strikers. 
     Like the idea. 

I'd go Leaburn for Kilkenny first. Move Payne into midfield. 

AMB
    Clare - Inniss - Hector - Ness - Sess
    Rak-Sakyi - Dobson - Payne
    Leaburn - Bonne
  • Options
    Right... 10mins of Q3 with the Formula One, and then all my attention can turn to an even more rivetting game of Football
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!