Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2023/24

Comments

• Options
    edited January 12
    Just seen the Panthers are playing in Germany next season. Has anyone been to one of the German NFL games? Tempted to try and get tickets. Playing in Munich at the Allianz.
    The "register interest" list for the Pats game in Frankfurt had over 2,000,000 people in it when they launched the tickets last year, with the queue to get on the website had nearly 300,000. Tickets were being resold on websites for nearly 10x the face value
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Just seen the Panthers are playing in Germany next season. Has anyone been to one of the German NFL games? Tempted to try and get tickets. Playing in Munich at the Allianz.
    The "register interest" list for the Pats game in Frankfurt had over 2,000,000 people in it when they launched the tickets last year, with the queue to get on the website had nearly 300,000. Tickets were being resold on websites for nearly 10x the face value
    Oh wow. Thanks for the info, good to know. I won't get my hopes up then.
  • Options
    Yeah me and the wife were hoping to go as she had a conference the week after in Copenhagen so were planning a little hop around and when the website opened up and I was something stupid like 120,000th in the queue I did a double take. 

Problem is NFL is absolutely massive in Germany, and easier for a lot of other European fans to get to, plus as it's newer than the UK games a lot of Americans try and get tickets too.

Good luck with it, but if you book anything in advance have it on a system where you can get a refund just in case
  • Options
    Surprised that there is only 1 game in Germany, the American correspondents were raving about how great the games were this year. 
  • Options
    Pats new HC named already: Jerod Mayo. 
  • Options
    Playoffs kick off tonight.

The view on my Chiefs. 30 years a fan.

Chiefs had a decent start to the season but fell away in the second half as teams figured out that our wide receivers didn't know their routes or how to catch the ball. Often they do not continue to run even with Mahomes continuing to scramble. Kelce hasn't lost a step he is just getting double teamed.
    We've invested more in our defence (through the draft) in recent years and they have gradually become one of the best this season. Snead and Jones stand out..They are why we are in the post season.

We gambled on going into the season with an inexperienced wide receiver group due to budget constraints and trying to be competitive year to year.

I'm guessing the strategy was to see if mahomes could make poor players average, average players good etc. In truth he hasn't (so far) and recent weeks we've focused more on a running game, to cut out mistakes, in particular in the red zone. Hence more field goals than touchdowns. Also Coach Reid simplified the playbook.
    The O line is also a bit banged up through injuries but also not as good as last year on the edges.

Coach Reid normally holds plays back to only use in the post season. I'm not convinced these wide outs are good enough to execute anything complex.
    Tonight is a cold weather game and anything could happen. Miami are dangerous and explosive despite recent results. Hill will have a point to prove.

As the reigning champs obviously would like to repeat but I do see it as a free year where I'm not expecting a playoff run. Hope we get the win. Overall I'm hope the playoffs are exciting and close with a deserving champion at the end.
  • Options
    edited January 13
    I don't follow the NFL but am in awe of them playing - and people watching - in minus 18 Celsius tonight. And that's before the huge wind chill. 

Do games ever get called off for cold or ice? 

Edit: I see Buffalo's comparatively warm game has been moved to Monday. 
  • Options
    I read that Tua reckons he will not be wearing gloves as being cold is just a mindset….

That is Tua from Hawaii, who went to college in Alabama and lives in Miami 
  • Options
    Let's go Dolphins 

Please
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    CJ Stroud is legit
    Still
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I fancied the Browns to win this one and they may still come back, but you can't help but be impressed by CJ. What a rookie season he's had.
  • Options
    CJ Stroud is very very good
  • Options
    This game is over.
  • Options
    Game over here. Browns getting thumped.

• Options
    This got out of hand very quickly.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I don't follow the NFL but am in awe of them playing - and people watching - in minus 18 Celsius tonight. And that's before the huge wind chill. 

Do games ever get called off for cold or ice? 

Edit: I see Buffalo's comparatively warm game has been moved to Monday. 
    Not usually - I think the Bills game was moved because they want to keep people off the roads during the storm, and the governor doesn’t want to commit police the managing stadium traffic in the middle of the storm. If it was just cold and windy, they’d play. My buddy went to a game where the froth of the beer froze between sips. 
  • Options
    Huge respect to anyone at the Chiefs game. It's currently -13 here in Vancouver and I can't be outside for more than 5 minutes, let alone being sat in -26 for 3.5 hours!!!
  • Options
    Chiefs touchdown disallowed for a Taylor push. On replay Taylor was being pushed by a Miami player. Settle for field goal.
  • Options
    A good comfortable win.
  • Options
    Cometh the time......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dak struggling in a big came, again. So frustrating 
  • Options
    I love the Pack!!
  • Options
    Wow 20-0 Packers and it's not half time yet. If the Cowboys don't come back what price Jerry Jones shows McCarthy the door and gives Bill Belichick a call.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Wow 20-0 Packers and it's not half time yet. If the Cowboys don't come back what price Jerry Jones shows McCarthy the door and gives Bill Belichick a call.
    I hope not 
    We need a nexr gen coach
    We've passed it on 1st down all year and tonight we've changed

McCarthy is a dumb ass
  • Options
    Cowboys doing cowboy things - Belichek head coach by the end of the week?  
  • Options
    The Cowboys are imploding.
  • Options

• Options
    27-0 down before half time. Absolute disaster
  • Options
    Cowboys need TD this drive or game over IMO 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Cowboys need TD this drive or game over IMO 
    You think it's not already?