Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2023/24

Comments

• Options
    edited January 16
    April's Draft order (picks 1-24):

1. Chicago Bears (from Carolina)
    2. Washington Commanders
    3. New England Patriots
    4. Arizona Cardinals
    5. Los Angeles Chargers
    6. New York Giants
    7. Tennessee Titans
    8. Atlanta Falcons
    9. Chicago Bears
    10. New York Jets
    11. Minnesota Vikings
    12. Denver Broncos
    13. Las Vegas Raiders
    14. New Orleans Saints
    15. Indianapolis Colts
    16. Seattle Seahawks
    17. Jacksonville Jaguars
    18. Cincinnati Bengals
    19. Los Angeles Rams
    20. Pittsburgh Steelers
    21. Miami Dolphins
    22. Philadelphia Eagles
    23. Houston Texans (from Cleveland)
    24. Dallas Cowboys
    (picks 25-32: Green Bay Packers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Arizona Cardinals (from Houston), Buffalo Bills, Kansas City Chiefs, Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens)
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Christian Wade who played for Wasps and England went on the same path and did get on the Bills practice squad where I believe he was still payed more than he was in rugby. He never actually played any minutes in the regular season but this was his first ever play. He now plays rugby for Racing 92 in France.

https://youtu.be/8M1Pr-cENcQ?si=0ZM_SM06-jSmzZ9d
    this was all mentioned in my post above
    My bad
  • Options
    So much love for Jason Kelce. If it’s the end, he’s been an all time great. 
    Coming into the season the Eagles had called 970 screen plays in Kelce's career, he's been called for holding on TWO of them!!!

• Options
    Nug said:
    Christian Wade who played for Wasps and England went on the same path and did get on the Bills practice squad where I believe he was still payed more than he was in rugby. He never actually played any minutes in the regular season but this was his first ever play. He now plays rugby for Racing 92 in France.

There are a few County GAA players heading out to see if they can make the move (more for kicking/punting roles than anything else).

There are camps offering kicker training that most looking to transfer seem to use.

Don't forget that USFL/XFL and Canadian Football (where a drop kick was used this season) offer paid  opportunities for those looking to improve their skills.
  • Options
    Nug said:

There are a few County GAA players heading out to see if they can make the move (more for kicking/punting roles than anything else).

There are camps offering kicker training that most looking to transfer seem to use.

Don't forget that USFL/XFL and Canadian Football (where a drop kick was used this season) offer paid  opportunities for those looking to improve their skills.
    And a few Aussie rules players have already moved. Actually surprised it has taken them this long to realise the huge pool of players they could pick from with regards to kicking. It's probably why that part of the game has improved dramatically of the last few years.
  • Options
    Brandon Aubrey the Cowboys kicker was drafted in MLS originally as a defender and didn't switch to American Football until 2022. 
  • Options
    Even as a Vikings fan I got goosebumps when I saw Jason Kelce was retiring, the best of all time at his position and one of the best ever to play. He also seems to be a great bloke going by his podcast, looking forward to whatever he does next. 
  • Options
    edited January 17
    sam3110 said:
    Wasn't there an Aussie who went out there a few years ago? Seem to recall him making the 49ers squad for a couple of games
    By coincidence this player was mentioned on the radio this morning .. he is one Aussie ex Rugby League player who's made a GREAT career in the NFL .. How Jordan Mailata transformed from a rugby player to Eagles' $64 million left tackle - ESPN
  • Options
    28 Years of Jerry Jones being owner and GM
    What's that about the definition of insanity?

We can't afford to replace Dak because Jerry franchise tagged him forever 

We have to pay CeeDee, Parsons and many others

McCarthy is a better play caller than Kellen Moore..... great...... 

We can beat poor NFC East teams 5 or 6 times a year.  Big deal.

But in the play offs we look devoid of ideas, schemes, tricks and big game players.

One and done at best next season.  

Horrendous to think Dallas probably won't win another Superbowl until JJ is no longer on this planet.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:

But in the play offs we look devoid of ideas, schemes, tricks and big game players.

Horrendous to think Dallas probably won't win another Superbowl until JJ is no longer on this planet.

I have always said the Cowboys won’t win a Super Bowl with JJ at the helm because he’s a dictator. I just hope his family take note of their father’s mistakes and don’t turn out like him, keeping McCarthy is a joke playing zonal marking went well on Sunday.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Here’s hoping he has a long life🤣
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Nah, it's great.
  • Options
    edited January 18
  • Options
    So who's worth putting a tenner on to win this super bowl? 
  • Options
    Ravens for me....seem to be peaking at just the right time.
  • Options
    I want the 9ers but I think the Ravens. 
  • Options
    Lions all the way!
  • Options
    The Ravens and the two time MVP
  • Options
    Bill Belichick to Atlanta sounds done 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I sneakily fancy the Texans to cause an upset.

For me the 9ers still the ones to beat for the whole thing.
  • Options
    So Baltimore (kinda like that, big fan of the wire) for the win. Bet has been made. If I lose I know who to blame... 
  • Options
    I was surprised as Warren Garland and the whole of Wales when Louis Rees-Zammit quit Rugby for Wales and Gloucester to try his luck in the NFL?

I assume he has a NFL team he is joining ?

His pace is outstanding and had 33 welsh caps on the wing by the age of 22.

I don't understand the NFL and the mobile chess games that occurs?

What chance has this fast strong athlete of making it when wearing the protection  🤔

• Options
    I was surprised as Warren Garland and the whole of Wales when Louis Rees-Zammit quit Rugby for Wales and Gloucester to try his luck in the NFL?

I assume he has a NFL team he is joining ?

His pace is outstanding and had 33 welsh caps on the wing by the age of 22.

I don't understand the NFL and the mobile chess games that occurs?

What chance has this fast strong athlete of making it when wearing the protection  🤔

I think it will be hard for him. It’s not just the physical part, it’s being able to read the game and make correct decisions. Not playing the game at any competitive level means he has a very steep learning curve. 
  • Options
    LRZ has joined the International Player Pathway for players wanting to come from other sports - currently listed as Running Back/Wide Receiver 
  • Options
    It didn't work out for Christian Wade trying to transition from Rugby Union or Christian Scotland-Williamson. I think the big Player Pathway success has been Jordan Mailata the starting LT on the Eagles who came from Rugby League in Australia. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Here’s wishing JJ a long and healthy life. 
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking all these players go to one division? Has that been announced anywhere?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Am I right in thinking all these players go to one division? Has that been announced anywhere?

https://www.nfl.com/news/what-is-the-international-player-pathway 

Used to be , but changed for 2024 all teams are now eligible to sign them and they won't take up a practice squad slot. 
  • Options
    I've had a win double .. Baltimore and Liverpool for the Prem