Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pigeons

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    I don’t remember there being so many in years past. Is it something to do with the way the pitch is being prepared nowadays that’s encouraging the pigeons?
    Didnt they used to pay for a bloke to come round every so often with hawks or something? When I was a "Valley Volunteer" they certainly had one.

Anyroad.... "They put 50 tonne of shit on the foreign office roof, who suffers from nine known deceases.... etc"

That brought back happy memories. Lovely little 70s EP from Genesis. Inside and Out is a fantsatic song (should have been on Wind & Wuthering in place of Your Own special Way)>
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Will The Valley be renamed The Coop?  ;)
  • Options
    We need to replace Terry and Greg in the commentary box with Henry Blofeld.

"There's a lovely pigeon bobbing along the touchline, completely impervious to the action going on around him. Now he's looking up at his friends, as if to summon them over..."
    Oh dear god, don’t give him ideas 😳🫣
    Stop him moaning about the ref I suppose…………….for a bit 😜
  • Options
    I think they're filming a sequel to the Hitchcock film, The Birds.

https://youtu.be/59fsRDsJh48
  • Options

• Options
    I miss the Valley pigeons.
    In fact, I miss pigeons full stop.
    Hardly any here in West Cork 😞
    Stupidly I read that as west Cork, as in west London. Hadn't realised West Cork is a region, not just a town. 
    Are you in Bantry, Castletownbere, Clonakilty, Dunmanway, Schull, Skibbereen, Baltimore, Ballydehob, Courtmacsherry, Drimoleague, Durrus, Glengarriff, Leap, Rosscarbery, Timoleague or Union Hall?
    I was in Cork a few years back and really liked the town - and the countryside is lovely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fadgadget said:
    Just going through my old photos and found this press clipping of me back in the day .
    I see the valley just as full then as it is now.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    fadgadget said:
    Just going through my old photos and found this press clipping of me back in the day .
    "...we have always been interested in birds - of the feathered variety of course". 

It wasn't really funny at the time (late 90's?) but it certainly dates the article...
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I miss the Valley pigeons.
    In fact, I miss pigeons full stop.
    Hardly any here in West Cork 😞
    Stupidly I read that as west Cork, as in west London. Hadn't realised West Cork is a region, not just a town. 
    Are you in Bantry, Castletownbere, Clonakilty, Dunmanway, Schull, Skibbereen, Baltimore, Ballydehob, Courtmacsherry, Drimoleague, Durrus, Glengarriff, Leap, Rosscarbery, Timoleague or Union Hall?
    I was in Cork a few years back and really liked the town - and the countryside is lovely.
    Sorry, only just seen this. I’m in Baltimore. Which is about 90mins from Cork city centre. It really is beautiful 😍 
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    "...we have always been interested in birds - of the feathered variety of course". 

It wasn't really funny at the time (late 90's?) but it certainly dates the article...
    Yes , prob 98/99
  • Options
    It does beg the question of why the pigeons have been present on mass at recent games. Did we have a hawker before, and cut it to save money?

Other grounds don't seem to have the problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are there any changes to the pigeons line up today? 

Could this be included in the Match Preview thread?
  • Options
    Is there any way we can include them in our attendance figures?
    Your presuming they havent been already?
  • Options
    Let’s hope the pigeons improve significantly from last weeks tepid performance.
  • Options
    Will the heavy rain have washed away seeds, but the patter patter have brought worms to the surface?
    Pigeons are mainly vegetarian, Robins eat worms but are more solitary.
  • Options
    Hopefully the Robins devour the shrews  this afternoon.
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    Which one is you?
  • Options
    Next season the club have decided to retire Floyd & Harvey as our matchday mascots, to be replaced by Percy Pigeon

• Options
    Seen these on Amazon. Maybe an idea for passive protests? 
  • Options
    That's a bit of a coo.
  • Options
    No pigeons today!