Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pigeons

124»

Comments

• Options
    Been a flock occasionally flying over the jimmy Seed stand, looking interested but then flying away
  • Options
    No wonder the crowd is so sparse. “We’re only here for the pigeons.”
  • Options
    Mystery solved: I just saw a falcon fly out of the West Stand! 
  • Options
    No pigeons on the pitch, and we score 3  :D
  • Options
    To be fair to the pigeons they put a good aerial display on today with some close-formation sweeps over the west stand. The birdwatching highlight of the afternoon though was a Peregrine getting mobbed by a Crow (is it still a mobbing if there's just one) whilst everyone was celebrating Bonne's goal.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    To be fair to the pigeons they put a good aerial display on today with some close-formation sweeps over the west stand. The birdwatching highlight of the afternoon though was a Peregrine getting mobbed by a Crow (is it still a mobbing if there's just one) whilst everyone was celebrating Bonne's goal.
    Yeah, I saw this too! Same one as in the first half. Wonder if it's a 'working bird' or a lucky arrival (unlucky if you're a pigeon) 
  • Options
    No pigeons today!
    Out injured.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Stig said:
    Yeah, I saw this too! Same one as in the first half. Wonder if it's a 'working bird' or a lucky arrival (unlucky if you're a pigeon) 
    The Falcon is part of the Spiegel consortium 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    fadgadget said:
    Just going through my old photos and found this press clipping of me back in the day .
    Which one is you?
    The good looking one of course .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Distraught , I’m sat in the West and clearly missed out , just a few flutters over the Jimmy “Seed” stand but I’m moving across to the Alan Curbishley stand for the action next time 
  • Options
    They were gathering in the skies over the Jimmy Seed stand, but I noticed they flew behind the block of flats for protection as Morgan and Fraser stood over the ball before the free kick. 

When they re-emerged they must've been as surprised as I was to see the ball at the back of the net. 
  • Options
    They mobbed up on the West Stand roof, decent numbers to be fair and looked like they’d come with intent. All mouth though. Swooped down towards the south Stand but then melted and flew off towards Charlton Heights. 

Hark now ere, the Charlton sing
    the pigeons flew awaaaay
    They saw a flash of talon and didn't fancy it 
  • Options
    They appeared mob handed during Charlotte’s post match with Dean Holden.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Back today at the U/21s game..... growing quite fond of them. I have names for my favourites.
  • Options
    They were flocking after the Shrewsbury game- I assume Holden told them no dickheads wanted on the pitch during the game, but post match was fine.
    Odd that they go away and we score six. Are they a gypsy curse?