Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Soccer A.M.

13»

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:
    And yep, reports already suggesting that it’s going to be replaced by the ‘Saturday Social’ show aimed at teenagers.

Listening to the likes of ‘Chunkz’ and his influencer mates waffle on about Arsenal and the big six every week on end. No thanks. 

Though for those who do like Soccer AM, or at least what it was - the rebooted Fantasy Football League with Matt Lucas has surprised me with how good it has been since coming back.
    I've been pleasantly surprised how good this reboot is and nearly didn't try watching it. They've managed to carry it on from where Badiel & Ski ner left off - congrats to all involved. 
  • Options
    I've watched Soccer AM missing probably only 5 episodes over the 28 years, so bitterly disappointed as it's a part of my football life just like Charlton.

This thread is RIP Soccer AM. Well for me it's another nail in the coffin of RIP Sky Sports. As subscribers we've simply been getting less and less product for years while enduring price increases.

My Sky Sports expires in September and this is the straw that broke the camels back - I won't be renewing.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    I've watched Soccer AM missing probably only 5 episodes over the 28 years, so bitterly disappointed as it's a part of my football life just like Charlton.

This thread is RIP Soccer AM. Well for me it's another nail in the coffin of RIP Sky Sports. As subscribers we've simply been getting less and less product for years while enduring price increases.

My Sky Sports expires in September and this is the straw that broke the camels back - I won't be renewing.
    Do it mate, ended mine last month.  
  • Options
    You never know, you could actually get off your arse and get a life?
    Maybe go over the local park and watch a bit of Saturday morning football?
    Saturday football used to be of a higher standard than that of a Sunday.
    That is going back a few years though.
  • Options
    Great show with Lovejoy and Chamberlain. It is now absolutely hopeless. Very tired and predictable. Bullard is very annoying, possibly the worst presenter on tv. Kicking it with the Kimitas was the final straw, they have ruined the show with their inane chatter.
  • Options
    Haven’t watched since Lovejoy and Hells Bells left but used to enjoy the American style commentary put to English matches - Goal Shot etc. 
  • Options
    Went into decline post-Lovejoy as many others have said. Lovejoy is a bit of a bell but he gets away with it as a presenter. I quite like Sunday Brunch with him too.

I’ve barely watched since he stepped away, especially after Helen left as well. I’ve caught a few bits over the years but I’m not sure you can find two
    more annoying blokes than Bullard and Fenners to present it. Arrogant, not funny. 

It’s had it’s day. Footballs fans want more these days, not to be talked down to. 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Saturday football kicks off in the afternoon.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    R0TW said:
    Down the park most Sunday mornings watching sons now in men's football. But finished grassroots/academy coaching end of last season after 19 years of it.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Ferryman said:

That is absolutely mental.

I'm not sure whether to applaud you for the commitment or commit you for the commitment!
    Yea crazy but 99% of them watched as a recording. 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    There is no Saturday morning football. 
  • Options
    Screening now. End of an era 
  • Options
    Used to be fantastic show would watch it all the time but the last 15 years has been utter rubbish