Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What players realistically would you want at Charlton next year...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Joe Powell, centre mid at Burton. Very impressive against us recently. Reminded me of Josh Cullen, perhaps because he was at West Ham as a kid. London lad, 24 yrs old and would be a great addition.
  • Options
    Would love us to re-sign Hector and Sess. 

In terms of what else we need...Would like us to look at Sam Smith (Striker) from Cambridge Or Aaron Collins from Bristol Rovers, maybe even both!

I also said Id like us to sign Charlie Savage on loan from United. Looks a good player.
  • Options
    I'll settle for anybody that has not got a history of injuries and has played more than forty games over the past two seasons.
    Also, would like to have had a minimum of League 1 experience.
  • Options
    I spoke to Steve Gallen at the POTY and he said he is being very active around the big London clubs ( and Palace ) but also going north to watch games.

He said it was important to be seen because the scouts were all trying to push players to him. Also as a Celtic fan he regularly monitors Scottish football.

He said he built good relationships across the football industry. For example his relationship with Dougie Friedman at Palace goes back over 30 years when they played together for the QPR youth team.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, if TS does not sort out ownership, dreaming of new signings will be just that ... dreaming
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Unfortunately, if TS does not sort out ownership, dreaming of new signings will be just that ... dreaming
    We might be reliant on loan signings...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Would still love Stockton, whilst we are a League 1 club

Stockton loves playing at the Valley and scoring and that was a cracking goal last week but can he do it on a regular basis as he had a disappointing season BUT most strikers at this level are only as good as their service.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Leaburn, Hector and Ness almost anything else is a bonus ATM.
  • Options
    Elliott Moore in for Inniss.
  • Options
    Macauley Longstaff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cole Stockton would be a decent punt, on a free now and hitting form to put himself in the shop window, could see him being a Dean Holden type of signing. 

Imagine Macaulay Longstaff will have an abundance of offers and suitors willing to take a gamble. 

Joe Powell would be a shout, Burton play good football for their budget and he's an integral part of their side. 

Sam Smith could be well worth a go, looking likely Cambridge are down, he's out of contract in the summer and had a decent return. 

Some decent shouts in here and I imagine the freebies are exactly what we will be looking at. 

On the subject of midfielders mentioned I saw Elliott Watt from Salford who would be a decent signing, the other standout midfielder in the league below is Owen Moxon from Carlisle. Issue is, as we have learned from previous signings the league 2 signings have been quite unsuccessful for us for the most part, these two could be a case of finding their level again. 

Basically we are in desperate need of a takeover to have a chance of promotion 

• Options
    Richard J said:
    I spoke to Steve Gallen at the POTY and he said he is being very active around the big London clubs ( and Palace ) but also going north to watch games.

He said it was important to be seen because the scouts were all trying to push players to him. Also as a Celtic fan he regularly monitors Scottish football.

He said he built good relationships across the football industry. For example his relationship with Dougie Friedman at Palace goes back over 30 years when they played together for the QPR youth team.
    We have Dougie Freedman to thank for JRS.

Out of touch Gallen has offered nothing since the 2019 promotion season. He’ll need to talk a good game to keep his job in light of the shocking recruitment over the last 4 years.
  • Options
    No chance of Macaulay Langstaff who will go straight to the Championship. Same with Aaron Collins.

Anyone know anything about Junior Tchamadeu at Colchester, young payer of the year nominee for L2 and a right back. Aged 19 and left us aged 16.  Would he be worth looking at?

Sarpong Wierdu has had a decent season but I suspect is Championship bound.

• Options
    Like others I think Sam Smith from Cambridge would be a really good signing for us. He’s left footed and can play on the right as well as striker. He obviously isn’t as good as Rak-Sakyi but could at least replace the goal output from that position 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

If signing Penny was a result of SG “monitoring Scottish football “ he needs to call it a day and concentrate closer to home 
  • Options
    Will Collar from Stockport County would be a good signing.
  • Options

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Thought that Port Vale’s Butterworth was quite impressive on Saturday. An upgrade on Payne. 

Cole Stockton would be a decent shout. If it clicked at Charlton I could see him being a fans’ favourite. 
    Sam Smith would be ok, but Smiths don’t tend to do well here. 
    But until the takeover progresses it’ll be hard to sign players that other better run clubs are also chasing.