Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life is too miserable

Guys 
There is far too much negativity on this forum. Yep granted we’ve had a poor season and we don’t like being in the 3rd division. 
The takeover thread in particular is like reading one long suicide note No one likes Spiegel, no one likes Sandgaard, no one likes Methven, No one likes their plans , no one liked Southall ( understandably) no one liked Duchatelet, no one liked the Spivs, no one ended up liking Richard Murray ……………the list is endless. 
But, we have a proper football team to support. It was great fun today, it was great fun against Shrewsbury, it was the greatest fun at Old Trafford 
Moan, moan , moan about not renewing season tickets - for heavens sake whoever owns the club and pays the bills needs every bit of financial support they can get from us. I’m sure quite a few of the people on here who moan about season ticket prices etc have probably never had one. 
All of the junior teams from the U12’s upwards have loads of excellent players, particularly at U16 and U18 level. The U18’s recently beat Liverpool U18’s 8-0. We had Campbell, AshleyMB, Morgan, Mitchell, Leaburn on the pitch today with Kanu on the bench with Ness injured, Barker, Chin and Elewere are all playing well in the Conference and there are loads more coming through.
We can be very optimistIc about the talent coming through 
Ultimately, I know its very important to all of us … but its not life or death its just football and we can all be glad and happy that we have Charlton Athletic
Next year I will be renewing for my 40th year and I bloody hope I get a few more yet. . 
Cheer Up and have a lovely summer !!! 

Comments

• Ah!!!! Get stuffed!!!!!!!!!!
  • Well said aa.
    There was a good atmosphere today and a reasonable crowd, even if there were plenty of comps.
    You need to bear in mind that a substantial amount of CL posters don't actually go to that many games.
  • edited April 2023
    It has been great seeing the academy players moving into the first team this year, a real highlight. Charltontv had a few interviews after the game, with RS TC and LN. Really good to see them enjoying their football, and I hope RS positive experience opens the door for other loans next season. I feel sure the talent of the youngsters with some intelligent signings of more mature players will see us push into the playoffs at least next season 🤞
  • Cambridge was great fun 
  • I enjoyed the game today and am trying to not focus on the off field shenanigans as there’s nowt I can do about it, especially after trying hard previously. We stayed and clapped the players, some are okay some aren’t that great but apart from a couple of bad apples they've given their best, sadly that wasn’t good enough. I live in hope. Life really is too short.
  • edited April 2023
    This site has been the same since 2006

• Sponsored links:

• Guys 
    There is far too much negativity on this forum. Yep granted we’ve had a poor season and we don’t like being in the 3rd division. 
    The takeover thread in particular is like reading one long suicide note No one likes Spiegel, no one likes Sandgaard, no one likes Methven, No one likes their plans , no one liked Southall ( understandably) no one liked Duchatelet, no one liked the Spivs, no one ended up liking Richard Murray ……………the list is endless. 
    But, we have a proper football team to support. It was great fun today, it was great fun against Shrewsbury, it was the greatest fun at Old Trafford 
    Moan, moan , moan about not renewing season tickets - for heavens sake whoever owns the club and pays the bills needs every bit of financial support they can get from us. I’m sure quite a few of the people on here who moan about season ticket prices etc have probably never had one. 
    All of the junior teams from the U12’s upwards have loads of excellent players, particularly at U16 and U18 level. The U18’s recently beat Liverpool U18’s 8-0. We had Campbell, AshleyMB, Morgan, Mitchell, Leaburn on the pitch today with Kanu on the bench with Ness injured, Barker, Chin and Elewere are all playing well in the Conference and there are loads more coming through.
    Ultimately, I know its very important to all of us … but its not life or death its just football and we can all be glad and happy that we have Charlton Athletic
    Next year I will be renewing for my 40th year and I bloody hope I get a few more yet. . 
    We're a bit short on membership over on 606 if you'd like to join.
  • This season was memorable for only three games, Man Utd away and Ipswich and Shrewsbury at home. Can’t see why I’m not allowed to be miserable on the back of that.
  • Guys 
    Keep on blogging 
  • edited April 2023
    cafctom said:
    Charlton Life is bloody great the majority of the time and massively enriches my experience of being a fan of a community club that shares ideas and promotes debate.

Our club is in a negative state, hence why a lot of conversation may not be the most optimistic.

But in depressing times on the field, this is one place that will always give me a good belly laugh to help lighten the mood. 
    I find it to be honest. You say what you think. 
  • edited April 2023
    I think its as Positive or as Negative you want it to be in some ways on here.

There is always going to be a bit of misery when things dont go right, no doubt there was more positivity when things have gone well e.g. Wembley '19

Its probably safer and calmer to detach when reading the comments you find a bit negative on here.

I used to get into too many arguments, probably still do, which wouldnt have been good for me or anyone on here - But have learnt a lot this season to think twice before rising to a comment, now I'll often just laugh and shake my head when reading something I dont agree with... Then move on to reading whatever the next idiot has to say ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• I think its as Positive or as Negative you want it to be in some ways on here.

There is always going to be a bit of misery when things dont go right, no doubt there was more positivity when things have gone well e.g. Wembley '19

Its probably safer and calmer to detach when reading the comments you find a bit negative on here.

I used to get into too many arguments, probably still do, which wouldnt have been good for me or anyone on here - But have learnt a lot this season to think twice before rising to a comment, now I'll often just laugh and shake my head when reading something I dont agree with... Then move on to reading whatever the next idiot has to say ;)
    Got your number 
  • Roland Duchatalet killed a lot of my love for not just us but football. The reality of where we are, in reality in the football hierarchy is one thing but that horrible fucker sacking Powell, selling our two best players and not only that. Sitting down with a camera crew and telling us this is how is was going to be and that was nearly 10 years ago now. I can handle us being shit, because we are, the playing staff don't give me any faith they are anything but flat track bullies coupled with a load of shit in my non charlton life over the last few years have knocked my appetite for fun out of me. 

That said, I like this site, if something isn't for me I ignore it and engage with the other stuff. The non-football threads are still a lot of fun, @Ketman love life and @Leroy Ambrose frankly disgusting sexual exploits give me nothing but joy 

• Last home games usually produce exceptional goals. So going off thread @AFKABartram is spot on, had a great day. So let's think about our favourite last game of the season at The Valley goal. Me, a Bob Curtis pen 48 years ago, my first game ever. But the ultimate can't decide. Yann v Poolies or SCP v Coventry 
  • My bum hole is itchy
  • Fumbluff said:
    My bum hole is itchy
    Close the thread now.  This sums up CL.
  • What I liked about today was seeing Maynard-Brewer, Terrell Thomas, Albie Morgan, Miles Leaburn and Tyreece Campbell start the match, and Aaron Henry and Zach Mitchell join in later.
    With those players pitching-in one way or another we got three points.
    That's a decent amount of positivity, if you think about it, what we witnessed today was something of the essence of the kind of club we are, but especially a club (at the moment) with a bit of hope for the future.
  • seth plum said:
    What I liked about today was seeing Maynard-Brewer, Terrell Thomas, Albie Morgan, Miles Leaburn and Tyreece Campbell start the match, and Aaron Henry and Zach Mitchell join in later.
    With those players pitching-in one way or another we got three points.
    That's a decent amount of positivity, if you think about it, what we witnessed today was something of the essence of the kind of club we are, but especially a club (at the moment) with a bit of hope for the future.
    Do you have a date for the Court case between Methven and Sandgaard? 

Asking for an ironing board