Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life is too miserable

13»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the kind messages
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    It takes all sorts. CL would be boring if it was all happy clappy, or all miserable.
    When things aren't going well the predominant mood is always going to swing towards negativity, it's just the way it is.
    It's because we care about the club, and deep down have a fear that it may go out of existence if things don't improve soon.
    That's just natural human insecurity in an increasingly insecure world.
    I tend towards optimism, although I get a little less optimistic with each passing year.
  • Options
    It all started when they nicked my flags
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    And your surveys. The bastards 
  • Options
    Hear there are also some promote thieves around. Some cardi wearing fella used to consistently moan about that. 
  • Options
    Negativity isn't a Charlton specific thing. Look at most club's forums and I'm sure they'll be just as negative. 

How do you think Millwall's forum looks this week, despite finishing 8th in the championship?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    If you could bottle the humour on CL it would win the best show at the Edinburgh Fringe every year.

And look at how shit that is.
  • Options
    This season was memorable for only three games, Man Utd away and Ipswich and Shrewsbury at home. Can’t see why I’m not allowed to be miserable on the back of that.
    What about home vs Plymouth
  • Options
    "Player XX is a waste of space etc" or worse. Get rid. All black and white.
    Similarly ZZ is brilliant the best since sliced bread.
    No balance. 
    How about Player XX is good at ABC but needs to improve on DEF?
    We don't know what injuries players are carrying, whether the roof has fallen in at home or in relationships, whether they get on with their teammates or the gaffer.
    A lot of posters just pile in and slate players. (oh yes and some even say they didn't see the game)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Negativity isn't a Charlton specific thing. Look at most club's forums and I'm sure they'll be just as negative. 

How do you think Millwall's forum looks this week, despite finishing 8th in the championship?
    They probably want Rowett beheaded and the starting XI executed at point blank range. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I have mentioned this a couple of times in the last few months……but I’ll say it again.
    WHOEVER…..it is that takes us over let’s not immediately start tearing them apart.
    Let’s welcome them and at least give them time to put their feet under the table and see what’s what.
    As we are well aware, there are going to be some on here who will readily jump all over it from day one and be looking for the slightest reason to cause apprehension and distrust, it’s their strange remit for some reason.
    I know we are shot through with apathy and cynicism and who can blame us……but I just hope any newcomers will be given a well meant but cautious welcome.🤞🤞🤞
  • Options
    The great "Im a positive your'e a negative" CL war started back when someone first questioned Powell's tactics. Some people take their stance to utter extremes which can cause a lot of angsty posts. 

In general terms, this site/ we are no different from any other club though.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    I have mentioned this a couple of times in the last few months……but I’ll say it again.
    WHOEVER…..it is that takes us over let’s not immediately start tearing them apart.
    Let’s welcome them and at least give them time to put their feet under the table and see what’s what.
    As we are well aware, there are going to be some on here who will readily jump all over it from day one and be looking for the slightest reason to cause apprehension and distrust, it’s their strange remit for some reason.
    I know we are shot through with apathy and cynicism and who can blame us……but I just hope any newcomers will be given a well meant but cautious welcome.🤞🤞🤞
    The supporter base did nothing other than have  full support for TS. Quite frankly it was over the top from some individuals, and took far too long for enough people to call out TS is not knowing what he was doing even though it was obvious he was clueless in running our club.

TS can never say he did not get full support from us for a very long and overdue period. 

Its ridiculous why any supporter would want to call out our supporter base on this
    Oh come on, I wasn’t suggesting that the entire fan base is prone to doing this but by Christ there’s certainly quite a few who ‘will’ do so……..you wanna bet?
    Or haven’t you been reading this forum recently?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    The supporter base did nothing other than have  full support for TS. Quite frankly it was over the top from some individuals, and took far too long for enough people to call out TS is not knowing what he was doing even though it was obvious he was clueless in running our club.

TS can never say he did not get full support from us for a very long and overdue period. 

Its ridiculous why any supporter would want to call out our supporter base on this
    Oh come on, I wasn’t suggesting that the entire fan base is prone to doing this but by Christ there’s certainly quite a few who ‘will’ do so……..you wanna bet?
    Yes I have been reading and you will always have outliers in anything like this but the support TS has had has been nothing short of remarkable considering the job he has done.  It was only back in August when he went on his walk onto the pitch at Wycombe and a lot of people chanted their support for him, a lot more than a handful of people typing into their keypads

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Yes I have been reading and you will always have outliers in anything like this but the support TS has had has been nothing short of remarkable considering the job he has done.  It was only back in August when he went on his walk onto the pitch at Wycombe and a lot of people chanted their support for him, a lot more than a handful of people typing into their keypads

Well that wasn’t the case on every forum, the other forum who name shall not be spoken, were almost unanimously against him from day one.

• Options
    Let's face it that if it were not for Charlton many of us would be spending time traipsing around the circle of hell that is Bluewater.