Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What are you doing this coming Saturday, 6th May, that isn't coronation-related?

Comments

• Options
    Was due to be on duty on the Swanage Railway but the Lass has been in hospital all week and hopefully coming home on Saturday  so I'll be collecting her and bringing her home
  • Options
    Was due to be on duty on the Swanage Railway but the Lass has been in hospital all week and hopefully coming home on Saturday  so I'll be collecting her and bringing her home
    Hope she's okay.

Went onnthe swanage railway last year. Very enjoyable.
  • Options
    Mods Mayday concert in Islington. Disappointed to be missing it, would have gone to the street party at my mums if it hadn't clashed. Hope all watching/going have a great day and the weather isn't too bad (doesn't look great though).
    The thought of watching cabbles, AFKA and aliwibble in concert is enough to put anyone off 😂
    Bloody cheek!
    At the moment, the odds are that I will be alternating between being curled up in a ball on the sofa, and emulating OohAah after a particularly extensive chocolate binge. Which will make for an interesting answer to a future "what are your memories of King Charles' Coronation?" thread.
  • Options
    Gone to Prague ... the thought of running (and walking) a marathon on Sunday should take my mind off events back home 🙄
  • Options
    Travelling to Cheltenham while it's going on, trains will be quiet - that's the theory anyway 
  • Options
    Might start the day with a Tommy Tank...
  • Options
    jams said:
    Literally anything else... prepping for moving house 
    Hope you didn't sell your current house house just to give you something to take your mind off the big C on Saturday?
  • Options
    Playing football from 10am-12.30pm so I will miss all the ceremony stuff. A strong rump of the group I play with are attention seeking contrarians so it will be a good laugh with them watching them try and out-do each other!

Roads should be clearer (?) So that's going to work nicely for me.

After that, I'm going into London to meet a good friend, which will be nice, because although I don't have any royalist feelings, I do quite like seeing the hustle and bustle of London on an "event" day, and seeing lots of happy people heading into London enjoying a bank holiday weekend! 

I wish it was on the Sunday because it would be a perfect opportunity to get a really long and safe bike ride in, on a day where I had no other plans. 
  • Options
    At Newmarket new Track for me although the weather looks dire, so imagine I will sink a load of pints and lose a lot of money! 
  • Options
    Myself and Mrs TT will ride our new Indians in the passing rain to Bodmin, 60 miles e/w for their first service. The following day were off to France for a week with rain forecast for the duration. 

The joys of motorcycling.

Scout Rogue and Chief Dark Horse for those who might be interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Myself and Mrs TT will ride our new Indians in the passing rain to Bodmin, 60 miles e/w for their first service. The following day were off to France for a week with rain forecast for the duration. 

The joys of motorcycling.

Scout Rogue and Chief Dark Horse for those who might be interested.
    Love an Indian, great bike 
  • Options
    Taking youngest to football training in the morning.

Rainham Hall in the afternoon.
  • Options
    Dropping catches off Paddy's bowling. Definitely up for another honesty moment on the boundary
  • Options
    won't be watching the coronation. (I probably wouldn't watch it anyway. missed the jubilee and the wedding) but another reason is that I have a conifer blocking my satellite signal and i'm trying to find someone to cut it back at a reasonable price. fat chance of that. Though if i was really bothered i could watch it online. 

anyway, popping over to a mates for some drinks later in the day. Not because of the coronation but because, well, its a bank holiday and i have a voucher to use at Tesco's. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    First bloke looks like a nonce himself, so not surprised by what he says.
  • Options
    The missus has gone to bloody Butlins for the weekend and our cricket ground is still more of a swamp than a field. Watching the County Championship and football in my pants it is.
  • Options
    The missus has gone to bloody Butlins for the weekend and our cricket ground is still more of a swamp than a field. Watching the County Championship and football in my pants it is.
    Yeah right, we all believe that.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Having a few days in Cheltenham starting tonight with the racing, first time I’ve been.
    Also meeting up with friends then the big event of this weekend seeing the boys run out for the final time this season.
    Happy days 😃
  • Options
    Watching Operario v Brasilience.
  • Options
    Yeah right, we all believe that.
    Left out what i'd be doing in the lunch and tea break...
  • Options
    Physiotherapy session starting at 11.15
  • Options
    Reading 'Spare'....  with 'suits' on in the background for good measure!
  • Options
    Painting the repointed wall with graphene paint unless it's pouring with rain, in which case I might have a little drink for the coronation 
  • Options
    I’ll be starting the day in my tent in The Mall. I’ll let you know how it goes from there.

• Options
    Love it, good luck Thai!
  • Options
    I’ll be starting the day in my tent in The Mall. I’ll let you know how it goes from there.

Bluewater, or the Arndale?
  • Options

Have you tried St Martins? They do very good work with the homeless.