Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    Will we have Slobbo and Dobbo?
  • Options
    Did Ladapo go anywhere?
  • Options
    I really hope that this works out and we have a good season, but right now, I can't help but feel glad I didn't bother renewing my season ticket.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Did Ladapo go anywhere?
    The pub
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Did Ladapo go anywhere?
    As of right now, no
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Gribbo O Dam?
  • Options
    Tedic looks a big lump. I wonder what style of football we’ll play. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I know this makes me boring or whatever but I wish we could just sign players and announce them without the fucking banter bus getting fired up every time. Oh, we've signed a 22 year old reserve left back from Bradford, let's stick his face on that scene from Face/Off with the doves, everyone will love it. Why? I dunno, Burnley did it once and people seemed to click on that a lot. I find it uniquely, disproportionately annoying
    I don't mind them. 

The team running the account will be targeted on views, clicks, etc. and if these sort of announcements help then good luck to them. It's their job to grow the clubs presence on social media and stuff like this, even if a little bit cringe, will help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would have liked Kirk and Mcgrandles off the books but we’ve had worse last days 
  • Options
    Asking the real questions - pretty sad state of affairs, after four deadline day signings, all I can think of is why Kirk hadn’t gone! 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Is that the worst transfer window ever? So many unknowns and inexperienced players? How will they all play in a toxic Valley with under 6k inside as we get tonked at home to Burton et al?

You are having a Giraffe.
    Worse than the arsehole Southall taking 80% of the fanbase for utter mugs.
    I was a proud bedwetter as I saw through that cunt as soon as he opened his mouth.
    And did Bowyer and Gallen go along with the charade ?

I have no idea if the lads signed in this window will be good or not but all 4 positions we needed today have been covered.
    RB, CB, midfield and another big central forward to compete with Leaburn for game time. 

Well done Andy Scott for getting players in and getting a few out.

As long as Leaburn, Dobson and CBT are still here it's been a decent window despite the bar being very low after the last half a dozen windows.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    AMB, ISTED

ASIIMWE, T.WATSON, EDUN

HECTOR, JONES, THOMAS, ELEREWE, NESS, ABANKWAH

DOBSON, TAYLOR, ANDERSON, FRASER, CAMARA, MCGRANDLES, L.WATSON

C.CAMPBELL, T.CAMPBELL, BLACKETT-TAYLOR, KIRK 

MAY, LEABURN, TEDIC, KANU, ANEKE

The only thing I think we're missing overall is one more wingback, but I think between Watson being able to play on both sides, Thomas being able to play left back and CBT being able to play as a (very attacking) left wing back, it's sufficiently covered until the inevitable injury list pile up.

Maybe if Kanu hadn't kicked on a bit like he has I'd be more concerned about the strikers, but he appears to be a viable fourth choice now.

We have the quantity many were clamouring for, the huge question now is if there is actually any quality in that lot. 

Long season ahead I think, but let's hope there's some nice surprises at least

According to the Irish Under 21 Manager Abankwah best position is RB/RWB.

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    AMB, ISTED

ASIIMWE, T.WATSON, EDUN

The only thing I think we're missing overall is one more wingback, but I think between Watson being able to play on both sides, Thomas being able to play left back and CBT being able to play as a (very attacking) left wing back, it's sufficiently covered until the inevitable injury list pile up.

Maybe if Kanu hadn't kicked on a bit like he has I'd be more concerned about the strikers, but he appears to be a viable fourth choice now.

We have the quantity many were clamouring for, the huge question now is if there is actually any quality in that lot. 

Yes, one more FB/WB is what I would have wanted as well. CBT and Campbell have both played as Wingbacks, but it's not ideal. 

I also would have liked Deji and Kanu to get EFL loans. But given the injuries up front at the moment, I get why that wasn't possible with Kanu. I think you can send him to the National League for a couple of months during a slow fixture period and he'll get some good experience. With Deji, given he did well at Bromley I thought he'd be in line for a step up. But it may be the case that the right offer didn't come along, or that we wanted to keep hold of him for a bit to monitor his development, play him in cup games, and keep him as insurance if form in the backline doesn't improve. There are a lot of games between now and Jan 1, so he will get some chances I'm sure. 

I think the loans for Mitchell and Henry to League Two could end up being really important to their development. Especially Mitchell going to a Garner side that will utilize his ability on the ball. For the first time in a while, I'm quite excited to track the progress of loanees in League Two, and excited for the players we might be getting back next year.

On paper: one FB short, moving Kirk and McGrandles on would have been preferable. But I think this is a solid squad. Getting this managerial appointment right is going to be massive because I think there is enough talent in this squad to be in and around the playoffs at the end of the year.
  • Options
    Looks like JCH has gone back to Brizzle.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Rather than wanting Kirk away at this point, I'd sooner he gets his finger out his arse over next 4 months
    Leave him with his finger in his arse if it means he will never be near the pitch. (Excluding pizza trophy games, he can play in them.)
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    sam3110 said:
    AMB, ISTED

ASIIMWE, T.WATSON, EDUN

According to the Irish Under 21 Manager Abankwah best position is RB/RWB.

Ah yes I saw this yesterday and forgot to mention it here. I believe he's played in a back three for Udinese and at RB as well. So yes, should provide cover in both areas, and is apparently strong on the ball.