Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    Fair play to Bristol Rovers. 
  • Options
    Is that the worst transfer window ever? So many unknowns and inexperienced players? How will they all play in a toxic Valley with under 6k inside as we get tonked at home to Burton et al?

You are having a Giraffe.
    Worse than the arsehole Southall taking 80% of the fanbase for utter mugs.
    I was a proud bedwetter as I saw through that cunt as soon as he opened his mouth.
    And did Bowyer and Gallen go along with the charade ?

I have no idea if the lads signed in this window will be good or not but all 4 positions we needed today have been covered.
    RB, CB, midfield and another big central forward to compete with Leaburn for game time. 

Well done Andy Scott for getting players in and getting a few out.

As long as Leaburn, Dobson and CBT are still here it's been a decent window despite the bar being very low after the last half a dozen windows.

Well lets see what happens. I would love it as much as anyone if all these signings lift us up the table. I was meaning summer windows. And if Scott had any responsibility in the Jan window...again, lets just see??
    As others have said, what on earth is the plan with our owners? It makes no business sense at all what they have done so far.
    Holden promised us signings of quality.that will be better than what we have. Maybe they are? Maybe he was frustrated that they would not be? Who knows? Maybe he had no say. Maybe Hector will clear every set piece tomorrow against Stockley? It could happen. 
    But you tell me, after that Millwall preseason match, if someone told you then everything that has happened in the past few weeks would you have believed them and would it have made you excited for the season ahead?
    But lets just hope it all turns out well, I think this club and the fans really deserve some good times ahead.
  • Options
    Do we now have the dominant centre back who can organise the defence that many were calling for? I don’t think we do. Hadn’t really noticed that with all the comings and goings. Abankwah maybe? Let’s hope he’s the real deal. 
  • Options
    any free agents we can get?
  • Options
    Something about Bristol Rovers doesn't feel right.

For example they've taken down the temporary away seating  behind the goal, and have started building a larger temporary stand, but without getting planning permission.
  • Options
    Looks like JCH deal has collapsed as paperwork not done in time.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Fair play to Bristol Rovers. 
    It’s all about getting lucky with owners these days. 
  • Options
    Something about Bristol Rovers doesn't feel right.

For example they've taken down the temporary away seating  behind the goal, and have started building a larger temporary stand, but without getting planning permission.
    Tbf it’s not against the law to build things without planning consent - you can apply retrospectively if you are prepared to take the risk of being ordered to take the structure down. Temporary buildings have far more chance of being approved too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Colleague of mine knows the Bristol Rovers owners. One of them are from Jordan and have got a load of money. They were looking for a club to buy a number of years ago and went for Bristol Rovers as they liked the area. Recently sold a large stake to another rich guy from the Middle East.

With Collins, JCH and Brown, that’s a strong front line. Also signed Harvey Vale the other week on loan from Chelsea. Think they’ll get top 6 this season.
    Yeah they look a very strong side. We played them at the right time, unfortunately. 

Don't think Joey Barton is great as a manager, but that front three is enviable.

To those saying "why can't we compete with Bristol Rovers for players?" this is why
    Wealthy Middle Eastern owners willing to spend their money. 
  • Options
    A strange and not very satisfying summer transfer window. Absolutely no clue if we’ve signed Rak Saki’s or Matt Smith’s
    Pretty sure though that Scott has worked hard to get those deals done and seems a credible bloke. 
    Remains to be seen if the new manager wants what he’s bought though. 
  • Options
    £1m for Nombe

£800k for JCH.

Thats what it takes. As someone above just said - cant understand what SE7's play is. Spend c£10m on a business that loses £8m a year without owning any assets and then dont spend 10% of your loses to help you stop those losses next season. 

Methven has really spun the yanks a line. 
    Except you don't stop losses in the Championship, you only reduce them.

Like, I get JCH is a very good player at this level, but I also understand not wanting to spend 800k plus wages on a League One striker unless you feel like that striker is your one missing piece. I'm not convinced he is the one thing our squad is missing.

Also, Nombe went to the Championship 
  • Options
    Doing business with Boro seems like a shitstorm I’d want no part in. Feel better being a CAFC fan than a Rovers fan tonight. Gotta be heartbreaking for them
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    ct_addick said:
    Just put a bet on for us to be relegated......this ownership is a joke

Did you bet on Cafc to go down last August and the August before or were you a fan of our ownership then when we were low down in League 1 ?
  • Options
    Ah so JCH was 800k and not the unaffordable 2-3 million as some people were suggesting.

So why weren't we in for the best striker in the league when we need a striker to partner May..

Presumably there are no funds available then? Cause all we have done is got in players to match last season's wage bill. We've even sent a handful out on loan.

Fair play to Bristol Rovers owners, actually showing ambition. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Ah so JCH was 800k and not the unaffordable 2-3 million as some people were suggesting.

So why weren't we in for the best striker in the league when we need a striker to partner May..

Presumably there are no funds available then? Cause all we have done is got in players to match last season's wage bill. We've even sent a handful out on loan.

Peterborough are a yo-yo club so why would they let him go for 800k or do they feel he is on the way down or simply that is a good price for him ?

Just thought the posh are great at finding young strikers who replace their older strikers so yes it makes sense.

Edit: sounds like the posh Chairman waited too long before saying yes.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Posh were initially asking 1.6m for JCH. He wanted silly wages too and is overweight atm, not a massive loss. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    sam3110 said:

So much ambition that they didn't get the deal done? Smacks of us a couple of seasons running when we were in for players but "couldn't get them over the line in time"
    That isn't confirmed yet. Right now it's a bunch of wannabe itk accounts saying it or trolls. 

I imagine his price dropped when no one was willing to spend the 2 million or so Peterboroughs owner wanted. 

It sounds nothing like us as they actually submitted a bid confirmed by the owner, we would enquire about players or claim to. 

2 million would have made us promotion contenders by the looks of it this window, easily. Why they've bought a club to then be tight is beyond my understanding.

We were never in for Ladapo and if our owners make out the Man City lad was the priority they're full of it, he was the cheap option. Same old Charlton 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

So much ambition that they didn't get the deal done? Smacks of us a couple of seasons running when we were in for players but "couldn't get them over the line in time"
    That isn't confirmed yet. Right now it's a bunch of wannabe itk accounts saying it or trolls. 

I imagine his price dropped when no one was willing to spend the 2 million or so Peterboroughs owner wanted. 

It sounds nothing like us as they actually submitted a bid confirmed by the owner, we would enquire about players or claim to. 

2 million would have made us promotion contenders by the looks of it this window, easily. Why they've bought a club to then be tight is beyond my understanding.

We were never in for Ladapo and if our owners make out the Man City lad was the priority they're full of it, he was the cheap option. Same old Charlton 

It's come from a Bristol Live reporter. There were some troll accounts as well, yes.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Just put a bet on for us to be relegated......this ownership is a joke

Did you bet on Cafc to go down last August and the August before or were you a fan of our ownership then when we were low down in League 1 ?
    More chance to get a return on relegation than promotion, though neither option very likely.
    Mid-table League One club, which is too good to go down but with insufficient ambition to go up.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

It's come from a Bristol Live reporter. There were some troll accounts as well, yes.
    I can't see it but even if it has, I doubt that was a ploy to fake some ambition.

Probably more so Peterborough have held out, it hasn't paid off, Bristol Rovers have gone in and it's too late. That's how it goes. 

He has been available the whole window but not at that price. We probably could have got Ladapo for a similar fee I imagine but we don't have the right owners. 

Maybe next time, hopefully 
  • Options
    The sticking point with JCH would have been his wage demands. He can now run out his contract knowing a Championship club will come in for him on a free at the end of the season and he’d double or treble his wages. Rovers must’ve been waiting until the Posh got desperate to shift him at a much reduced price, but then they would’ve had to pay near Championship wages. The real losers are Posh, they’ve lost out on a major transfer fee. My Posh supporting mate has said they already had the replacement signed.
  • Options
    JCH or Ladapo would have been great but let’s be honest it could have been a lot worse, definitely thought CBT would be sold 

In an ideal world Kirk and Mcgrandles out and one more good signing in

Still weak in some areas but think this squad can have a go with the right management