Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    On balance I think we've done ok over the last little while, some of the guys we wanted to move on have been moved on and the recruitment (on paper) is somewhat promising........ and we've concocted an opportunity to get someone else to manage the coaches and squad and get a good tune out of the fiddle.
    Sure it would have been great to see an experienced and decent CB and striker come in and tbh my jury is out on whether all we have will gel this season.........
    However I do appreciate to turn the good ship CAFC into what I'd like it to be will take time and I'm so hoping we have better owners and a better SMT this time around......... for the time being I'll take the change and live the next couple of CAFC months with a half full glass.
  • Options
    I’m 10 pints in]
    somhopefully I’ve misread it all; and we’re not a nun r of cnuts
    but fuck me 
    we’re guaranteed shir Cunt wank football nex t year 
    a proper minge of a club 
    Get out the cab.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    The sticking point with JCH would have been his wage demands. He can now run out his contract knowing a Championship club will come in for him on a free at the end of the season and he’d double or treble his wages. Rovers must’ve been waiting until the Posh got desperate to shift him at a much reduced price, but then they would’ve had to pay near Championship wages. The real losers are Posh, they’ve lost out on a major transfer fee. My Posh supporting mate has said they already had the replacement signed.

could be worth getting someone to follow the Peterborough scouts. Whilst Chucks is here picking up a wage we could get him to do it.                                           

The “replacement” (he’s obviously not considered as such by Posh but had JCH left it would’ve been looked at in that way) is a striker from Swindon Town who scored 8 goals last year

Am sure that would’ve gone down well if our scouts had identified him as the missing link 😉
  • Options
    Tedic looks a big lump. I wonder what style of football we’ll play. 
    Any style which gets us out of this division 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Christ on a bike, we really do have some bed wetting, self flagellating, entitled, unrealistic and melodramatic f****** tobys in our support.
    Some of the comments are beyond parody.
     Well said, mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lots of complimentary comments about Bristol Rovers signing JCH which didn’t happen and they also lost striker Ryan Loft  . Not so great after all.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Christ on a bike, we really do have some bed wetting, self flagellating, entitled, unrealistic and melodramatic f****** tobys in our support.
    Some of the comments are beyond parody.
    And of course a really appropriate response to people who vent their concerns. 

I will never understand posts like this. It's a Charlton forum/thread to discuss signings, whether good or bad. If people want to be positive let them be, if people want to be negative let them be as long as it isn't extremely ignorant. Labelling people over their footballing views isn't on. 

Always remember when you read text it could be entirely different than how someone would say it vocally, not to mention the lack of physical body language. Misinterpretation is so easy over a message board or social media 

Love being told what to think and do. Cheers.
  • Options
    So we signed 4 players, a CB, CM, Defender and a Striker.
    The holes in the squad we have all been crying out for to be filled.
    However, because we haven't heard of them and 3 are loans, they must be crap!
    Fuck me, they haven't even kicked a ball yet, but we still judge!
    I sometimes despair with our fanbase recently.
    I've supported this club since I was 5 (now 68), I've never known such rhetoric  before we've even seen what they can bring....unbelievable, but then I suppose some people just like to criticise for the sake of it!
    Give them a chance FFS!
    I agree,when the, teams are announced at the Valley,how many of the other sides players do we know,in my case virtually none,same as the young loan players from other clubs.We are in league 1 we do not sign players that are household names.Judge these players in 3 months time,you never know,a Cullen,Beilic   Saki or Gallagher could appear.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Man that's sad. There's definitely a player in there. Maybe when fixtures and injuries pile up he'll get a look in, and he'll look better with Edun creating an overload alongside him. 

I'm wondering if we were willing to let him go out on loan, and if so, how much of his wages we were asking the loaning team to pay.
    20%
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Just put a bet on for us to be relegated......this ownership is a joke
    And no doubt hoping for a pay out as well, never understand posts like that...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Chem is more the JRS replacement, you're missing our top scorer too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Upgraded on Inniss, Morgan, Henry and Bonne (wasn't hard really). Added an extra CB, CM and Forward.

Will see how they do before writing them off completely.

If Mcgrandles and Kirk get fir and their acts together for the new managers they could be like new signings 🙃
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Fuck it, I think we’ve had a good window, our show stopper striker signing was May, you’re not gonna have a team with two 25 plus goalscorers in, how many teams can boast even one of them.  

We’ve started appallingly so the pressure is on them now they’ve got to get results.  
  • Options
    Seems like a good close to the window. Looking forward to seeing what the loanees look like on the pitch. Fingers crossed for a good manager and I’ll be delighted if it’s LB.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Cosgrove ended up at Barnsley on a free. 
  • Options
    Don’t suppose anyone has a list of our transfer business during this window they could share? Literally asking for a friend. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Upgraded on Inniss, Morgan, Henry and Bonne (wasn't hard really). Added an extra CB, CM and Forward.

Will see how they do before writing them off completely.

If Mcgrandles and Kirk get fir and their acts together for the new managers they could be like new signings 🙃
    And fullbacks/wingbacks.