Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD ; Cheltenham Town Vs Charlton Athletic ; Sunday 7th May 2023 KO 12.00 Noon

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2023
    JRS chance should be 0-2, maybe could have lifted over the keeper but took a touch too many, anyway we can let him off that one eh..
  • Options
    2mins injury time... Even the officials cant be bothered today

Thought Rak-Sakyi was injured for a lot longer than that
  • Options
    Did Greg just call Cheltenham Morecambe?
  • Options
    HT: Cheltenham 0-1 Charlton
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Happy with that 45.

Had to be patient at times but the gaps did open up as predicted. Could be 3-0 but we’ll settle for 1.
  • Options
    HT 0-1, Good showing first half, defence is solid with Thomas and Hector, should have been 0-2 if JRS had been able to finish, but good first half
  • Options
    Henry cant pass, except to the opposition.
  • Options
    Not a bad performance going forward.

The Midfield is weak when defending though, we need to find another Dobson character when he's not available - Henry if he stays needs to be competing with Albie Morgan for a place in the three
  • Options
    Decent first half, Morgan, Rak, Campbell & Fraser all looking comfortable so far. How Rak hasn't scored so far is baffling.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    HT around the grounds and Peterborough have jumped Derby into the top six. Derby need a goal but they’re down to 10 men.

At the other end, Cambridge are currently safe with MK and Morecambe facing the drop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023

The Midfield is weak when defending though, we need to find another Dobson character when he's not available - Henry if he stays needs to be competing with Albie Morgan for a place in the three
    I agree. I'd like to see Mitchell given a half there.

Would also bring on Kanu, Roddy and Rylah at some point. Possibly Asiimwe too if we have the opportunity.
  • Options
    Poor old Greg Stubley having to differentiate between Charlton and Cheltenham.

• Options
    They've called Cheltenham Morecambe at least twice so far.
  • Options
    Watching the replay on CATV, I agree with  urbs, JRS should've had a pen with that last chance!
  • Options
    Derby will feel aggrieved having hit the magical 75 points for the play offs and even going one better and possibly not making it 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I agree. I'd like to see Mitchell given a half there.

Would also bring on Kanu, Roddy and Rylah at some point. Possibly Asiimwe too if we have the opportunity.
    I'd say of the players we've currently got, Mitchell is probably our best hope for a Dobbo replacement.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Watching the replay on CATV, I agree with  urbs, JRS should've had a pen with that last chance!
    Yep, i agree with urbs as well... ;)
  • Options
    Danny Senda in the coaching team today? May be wrong as on a smallish screen atm and was far side, but if the spot is right, that who is stepping up I suspect and was a former Orient Asst Manager before taking on a role within our Academy coaching set up. Former defender and know Deano wants a defensive coach, particularly for set pieces…
  • Options
    Danny Senda in the coaching team today? May be wrong as on a smallish screen atm and was far side, but if the spot is right, that who is stepping up I suspect and was a former Orient Asst Manager before taking on a role within our Academy coaching set up. Former defender and know Deano wants a defensive coach, particularly for set pieces…
    He's sounded very knowledgable whenever he's been on CharltonTV this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hector and Thomas looking good today.

I reckon they will both get offers for next year.

And if they do, I wonder if Inniss will?

• Options
    No changes from Charlton ahead of the 2nd Half
  • Options
    If Inniss is not playing because worry of red card impact on next season, he must be staying 
  • Options
    Addicks KO the last 45mins of a historic and memorable season... Shooting towards our fans
  • Options
    Exeter 1 Morecambe 0
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Exeter 1 Morecambe 0
    Oops
  • Options
    He's sounded very knowledgable whenever he's been on CharltonTV this season
    Also comes across as someone you wouldn't want to cross.
  • Options
    F/wood 0 Ipswich 1
  • Options
    Rak-Sakyi asks for a penalty... Looked a strong shout after a good pass through from Henry

Cheltenham then get a soft free kick after a "foul" from Egbo
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!