Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Minto Guests at Bromley Addicks on 31 July

Delighted to announce that Bromley Addicks President and local boy Scott Minto will be our guest on Monday July 31st 2023 at our usual venue, Petts Wood Royal British Legion Club, Queensway Petts Wood BR5 1DH

The Q & A begins at 7.30pm

Free entry and all Addicks welcome

We have four more provisional meeting dates agreed for the 23/24 season which we'll confirm when the fixtures are out.

In the meantime follow us on twitter @AddicksBromley

Comments

• edited May 2023
    Another very good catch and will make for an  interesting and enjoyable evening.
  • Bookies favourite to replace phillip Schofield.
  • edited May 2023
    For the avoidance of doubt, that joke should be rewritten as “Bookies favourite to replace Phillip Schofield presenting This Morning on ITV”
  • Will we be able to submit questions via WhatsUp?
  • Well, @castrust have done it again 

We announced this meeting back in May.

Tonight the Trust announced a meeting for the same night.

Just like when they announced a meeting the same week as a Bromley Addicks meeting last season.

All that work down the drain, Scott only available during the closed season due to his media work, Hall hire fee wasted.

Will the Trust do the right thing and cancel their meeting? Will they fuck.
  • As this is the second time the Trust have done this in recent times, after assurances it's not deliberate, I'm confident they will do the decent thing and change their date.
    It's very surprising as I wouldn't have them down as incompetent.
  • Come on @castrust. You know it makes sense. 
  • I'd like to think @castrust have been in contact with Bromley by now.
  • clb74 said:
    I'd like to think @castrust have been in contact with Bromley by now.
    They have and do not wish to cancel the meeting that they have double booked (for the 2nd time), despite assurances they wouldn't do it again, despite having been given notice of our meeting 46 days ago, despite our meeting being on the official site 34 days ago.

However, they have kindly offered to do a full write up of their double booked meeting for any Bromley Addicks like myself who would like to attend but are unable to simultaneously attend both meetings (once again).

It's sad, so sad, it's a sad sad situation
    And it's getting more and more absurd
    It's sad so sad, why can't we talk it over
    It always seems to me that sorry seems to be the hardest word.

• clb74 said:
    They have and do not wish to cancel the meeting that they have double booked (for the 2nd time), despite assurances they wouldn't do it again, despite having been given notice of our meeting 46 days ago, despite our meeting being on the official site 34 days ago.

However, they have kindly offered to do a full write up of their double booked meeting for any Bromley Addicks like myself who would like to attend but are unable to simultaneously attend both meetings (once again).

Tell them to poke the write up.
    Did they give a reason for the double booking?
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, @castrust have done it again 

We announced this meeting back in May.

Tonight the Trust announced a meeting for the same night.

Just like when they announced a meeting the same week as a Bromley Addicks meeting last season.

All that work down the drain, Scott only available during the closed season due to his media work, Hall hire fee wasted.

Will the Trust do the right thing and cancel their meeting? Will they fuck.
    Why do you need to cancel the Bromley meeting?
  • Look on the bright side, 5 years ago the the Trust Chairman a week before the season gave an interview to a website linked to our oppenents on the opening day stating he was not happy with our choice of  Manager and stating who he would have preferred in charge.

This time they are backing our Manager at the same stage of the season so we have sort of made progress!
  • clb74 said:
    It's good to see the trust supporting other clubs, just a shame they can't support their own supporters groups.

A very good point.  They must have forgotten we are all meant to be on the same side.
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

"Their focus was on getting a date that worked for Dean and other parties".
  • clb74 said:
    It's good to see the trust supporting other clubs, just a shame they can't support their own supporters groups.

A very good point.  They must have forgotten we are all meant to be on the same side.
    B@llocks to you.
    We've got the manager in, stuff your meeting 
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Did they contact Bromley beforehand though stating the meetings might clash?
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Absolutely crazy, I am certain that Holden would have been able to attend other dates, I can only assume CAST wanted to meet him before the season started.
    Either way, all very unnecessary.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

No, they had all our dates (again) by e mail and ignored/forgot to refer to/didn't have any regard for them.
    Take your pick which it may have been (again).
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

No, they had all our dates (again) by e mail and ignored/forgot to refer to/didn't have any regard for them.
    Take your pick which it may have been (again).

Coupled with the fact that almost certainly they post, or at least read this forum and knowing full well of the Minto date.

• Come on Trust speak up
  • The silence is deafening.
  • There may soon be an outbreak of common sense. They are trying to move their date.
  • edited July 2023
    There may soon be an outbreak of common sense. They are trying to move their date.

That is good, but it should not have come to this in the first place.
    Perhaps next time Bromley Addicks have a meeting they consult CAST first so they can green light it :)
  • clb74 said:
    It's a shame none of those on the trusts board don't post on Charlton life.
    Nice to see they are  active on other threads 
  • There may soon be an outbreak of common sense. They are trying to move their date.

That is good, but it should not have come to this in the first place.
    Perhaps next time Bromley Addicks have a meeting they consult CAST first so they can green light it :)
    Bromley Addicks respect other supporter groups and check other groups announced meetings, before looking to arrange any meeting. Any clashing dates would not be considered.
    In the unlikely event that we made an error we would of course have apologized and corrected our error by rearranging as a matter of simple respect and good manners.