Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everton

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Obviously all of the attention has gone on City and their 115 charges, but very little appears to have been said about Everton?

I know some clubs (you'd assume Leicester for sure) have been unhappy that the FFP investigation into Everton has taken so long and it's now reported they won't reach a verdict until next season has started. A points deduction this season would have relegated them.

Premier league rules state you can lose a maximum of 105m over a three year period. Everton lost 371.8m. There's no way they get away with that.
  • Options
    not bothered
  • Options
    Sean dyche i like Everton I can’t stand 
  • Options
    Fucking jammy filthy club , set of thieving ,jibbing on, scally scouse cnuts   Fuck em gutted they didn’t go down.
    Everton terrace in the  away end in the 80s was fucking shit you were standing below pitch level .
    I think I’d have preferred them than Leeds to go down and I really hate them but Everton going down would be more painful for them than Leeds cos they’ve been down in recent times .

• Options
    Had trouble with some of their fans a few years ago at london bridge. they all seemed alright and then they just  turned and started acting like complete bell-ends. we weren't even playing them that day.

It seems they have some built in uncontrollable part of their brain which when they detect a "cockney/southerner" their scouse vision bleeps "target acquired" and they just end up acting like complete c@nts. 
  • Options
    70 years in the top division and never really that much to shout about or show for it.
    Always think of them as just taking up a place at the top table in perpetuity, when someone else could have been more deserving of having the opportunity to have a go.
    Them and Aston Villa are also a bit meh……uninteresting to the tenth degree.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Don’t have a problem with them. I quite like any club which grows up in the shadow of a more famous neighbour (apart from Millwall). 
    They're hardly the historic smaller team in Liverpool though, like a Bristol Rovers to City or a Notts County to Forest. Tranmere effectively play that role.

Everton and Liverpool were equal not that long ago, indeed Everton were the more successful club. They've just been very badly run.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Don’t have a problem with them. I quite like any club which grows up in the shadow of a more famous neighbour (apart from Millwall). 
    They're hardly the historic smaller team in Liverpool though, like a Bristol Rovers to City or a Notts County to Forest. Tranmere effectively play that role.

Everton and Liverpool were equal not that long ago, indeed Everton were the more successful club. They've just been very badly run.

You're going back about 40 years! At one stage County were bigger than Forest. Evertonians (are they the only club where their own fans call them something weird?) have stuck with their club during this time.

I wanted them to go down because they're a big club who haven't been relegated for decades, was similar with Newcastle (not quite decades), nothing against the fan base.
  • Options
    Don't worry, we are never likely to play them again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    jams said:
    Circling the drain, honestly a relegation would do them good in the long run 
    I thought that when we went down from the Premier league. Get rid of the deadwood and come back in a couple of years stronger. That didn't work out as planned.
    For every Newcastle, Villa etc who came back pretty quickly, there's a Leeds or Forest who took years and years to get back.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Everton certainly suffering from the ‘dodgy overseas owner syndrome’ with most of the financial issues caused by the cost of the new stadium. What a stadium it will be though. Really looks the biz right on the Mersey shoreline across from New Brighton.

Watched some Royal Naval vessels sail past the stadium site on Thursday on their way to the 80th Anniversary of the Battle of the Atlantic held in Liverpool over the weekend. Not that this momentous occasion seemed to get much media coverage. Newspapers/ general public more interested in sh.. about Schofield and Willoughby.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Uboat said:

Everton certainly suffering from the ‘dodgy overseas owner syndrome’ with most of the financial issues caused by the cost of the new stadium. What a stadium it will be though. Really looks the biz right on the Mersey shoreline across from New Brighton.

Watched some Royal Naval vessels sail past the stadium site on Thursday on their way to the 80th Anniversary of the Battle of the Atlantic held in Liverpool over the weekend. Not that this momentous occasion seemed to get much media coverage. Newspapers/ general public more interested in sh.. about Schofield and Willoughby.
    Not sure there's a need for the 'overseas' part of this as it definitely evokes anti-foreigner sentiment. Plenty of dodgy owners from these shores as well.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Uboat said:

Not sure there's a need for the 'overseas' part of this as it definitely evokes anti-foreigner sentiment. Plenty of dodgy owners from these shores as well.
    Point taken and perhaps ‘dodgy overseas money’ better describes the situation Everton find themselves in given the ‘owners’ Russian connections.
  • Options
    In the 50 years or so I've been watching football, apart from the mid eighties when they had a great team, Everton have been midtable with the occasional relegation battle. The most boring team in the Premier League. Gutted they survived, although it was obvious that they would.
  • Options
    I remember walking back to the car with the family after playing them at The Valley. I can’t even remember the score.
    We were clearly having our usual after game debrief when a father and son Everton fans behind us just started having a go. There was me, my hubby, our elderly father, my brother & my brothers kids. 
    No idea why they felt the need to start a fight, it was really strange.
    They really felt it was really important to tell us how Everton were huge and that they were entitled to be at the top tier and that we had no right to be there.
    One of the strangest things to happen to me at football tbh.

So they can get in the bin as far as I’m concerned & I’m gutted they didn’t go down.

That's pretty much the reason I started this discussion right there!
  • Options
    They proved that nobody should hire Frank Lampard again…..worst manager ever
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Can't stand them. Had trouble up there when they beat us 4-1. No need for it. Plus were dicks down here when we were in the premiership.

A good dose of championship football would do them good. 
    Do you mean the game where Graham Stuart got our consolation with a penalty? I went to that game and sat in the home area with my then girlfriend who was an everton fan.
    As each goal went in, my pretending to be a home fan got less and less convincing. When their fourth went in I stayed seated with my arms folded and complained a bit too loudly. Luckily, the scallies near me were happy by then so they just gave me some harmless ribbing. When Stuart stuck the penno away, I punched the air and went “GET IN!”  The locals just laughed and said they didn’t mind because Stuart was a top lad.

Weird experience. Didn’t see any aggro that day. But then I guess I was among some of the ok fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Walking through John Lennon airport after flying up to the Blackburn game some mouthy Everton scumbag in a home shirt could not resist giving us a load of verbal abuse. Cant fecking stand them. Cut throat gestures from their fans during both games I have seen us up there. Fcuk em, wish they had dropped.
  • Options
    Can't stand them. Had trouble up there when they beat us 4-1. No need for it. Plus were dicks down here when we were in the premiership.

Do you mean the game where Graham Stuart got our consolation with a penalty? I went to that game and sat in the home area with my then girlfriend who was an everton fan.
    As each goal went in, my pretending to be a home fan got less and less convincing. When their fourth went in I stayed seated with my arms folded and complained a bit too loudly. Luckily, the scallies near me were happy by then so they just gave me some harmless ribbing. When Stuart stuck the penno away, I punched the air and went “GET IN!”  The locals just laughed and said they didn’t mind because Stuart was a top lad.

Weird experience. Didn’t see any aggro that day. But then I guess I was among some of the ok fans.
    There was a fit bird in a white coat in the home end to the left of us though. 
  • Options
    Actually after that game we stayed In Liverpool and went out. Was queuing to get into a club, and a bloke asked why we were up there. Said up for the football and he started laughing at us and singing  4-1 and Everton Everton Everton. I asked why he was so happy seeing as he had Liverpool tattoos on his arms and Everton were their rivals and he said he changed team a few years ago as he didn’t like Liverpool fans …
  • Options
    I always liked Everton but once that arrogant twat Lampard went there I’ve wanted them to fail. He’s a walking disaster is Lampard.I’ve had that view of him since reading his autobiography from 2005. He came over as so entitled. As far as I’m concerned it’s a shame they dodged the bullet yesterday. I feel for Leicester. 
  • Options

Yes it was that game. After the game a group of Everton fans aged about 40 rounded on a Charlton fan aged about 15 and gave him a load of shit cos we lost. To be fair a group of their fans told them to clear off.

But got a load of rap from them going back to our car, plus they have caused aggro in the pubs and clubs around the valley on match days.
  • Options
    jams said:
    Circling the drain, honestly a relegation would do them good in the long run 
    They used to say that about us, that did not go so well!
  • Options
    Shame about those fans rounding on a kid, @Chippycafc . I guess every club has its arseholes though, eh?

Another odd thing about that Everton game - if I’m remembering correctly - I’m pretty sure Carl Tiler was listed in both the home and away squads on the programme. We bought him off Everton earlier that season, but I’m sure I looked at it thinking “Surely they could’ve edited the home team?”
    Funny the things you remember…
  • Options
    Shame about those fans rounding on a kid, @Chippycafc . I guess every club has its arseholes though, eh?

Another odd thing about that Everton game - if I’m remembering correctly - I’m pretty sure Carl Tiler was listed in both the home and away squads on the programme. We bought him off Everton earlier that season, but I’m sure I looked at it thinking “Surely they could’ve edited the home team?”
    Sadly they do and we have a few.. Didn't know that re the programme so will have a check if I can find it. 
  • Options

Is this the game that Tiler got sent off?
  • Options

Is this the game that Tiler got sent off?
    Jeffers got 2 and Don Hutchinson should have been sent off for a bad tackle if I recall on Rufus.