Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everton

13»

Comments

• Options
    Shame about those fans rounding on a kid, @Chippycafc . I guess every club has its arseholes though, eh?

Another odd thing about that Everton game - if I’m remembering correctly - I’m pretty sure Carl Tiler was listed in both the home and away squads on the programme. We bought him off Everton earlier that season, but I’m sure I looked at it thinking “Surely they could’ve edited the home team?”
    Funny the things you remember…
    Sadly they do and we have a few.. Didn't know that re the programme so will have a check if I can find it. 
    I hope I remembered it right, because I’ll look a wally if it’s not there!
  • Options
    I'm surprised people have a lot of hatred towards Everton. I feel for the fans to be honest; a team who spent absolutely years trying to survive in the shadow of bigger local clubs with comparatively little money and for the most part doing it well under the guidance of a frugal and practical British manager, then later getting a takeover where the owners hate the fans, don't listen to them, publicly criticise them, spend money terribly leading to a steep decline and then decide to say it's the fans' fault. In amongst the owners there's an old former chairman who used to do his best for the club but is now causing more harm than good, refusing to leave his role and defending the terrible ownership. Does that all not sound familiar?
    Moshiri is their Roland and he's managed to take a club that had established itself as a European qualification contender to a relegation candidate while destroying their finances all because he thinks he knows best. It's unpleasant watching a community club unravel based on yet another rich idiot refusing to accept he's failed.
  • Options
    I've only ever met a handful of Everton fans and they've always seemed decent, quite kind about Charlton and knowledgeable. Leicester and Leeds fans on the other hand......so i'm quite happy with the outcome
  • Options
    Got absolutely no reason to dislike Everton, so I don't. As Garry says above we should have sympathy for a club whose owner is putting them through what we have experienced. 

If they had gone down I think they were facing an existential crisis. Their finances and FFP situation is dire, and they're building a stadium they can ill-afford. In the PL they have a decent chance of being saved. In the Championship they might not make it. They badly have to cling on next season, but I suspect some issues will hit them soon and things will get very messy. 
  • Options
    Everton will be nowhere near relegation again if Dyche stays. Decent manager & seems a decent guy too
  • Options
    70 years in the top division and never really that much to shout about or show for it.

Only 7 titles and a few cup wins. Yeah, not much to shout about is it 🙄.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    i have great sympathy for Everton. Imagine having gobby neighbours for decades that everything always seems to be about them... and think they are always the big "i am" - the only tragedy in football has only happened to them and it's fine to joke about others just as long as they don't bring up anything else.  Also lets boo the english national anthem, even though their best player in decades stood up and sung it for years. Now all their best players come from Brazil and Egypt they boo... Fuck right off scouse twats.

their fans are the very definition of the spoilt brats of football.
  • Options
    i have great sympathy for Everton. Imagine having gobby neighbours for decades that everything always seems to be about them... and think they are always the big "i am" - the only tragedy in football has only happened to them and it's fine to joke about others just as long as they don't bring up anything else.  Also lets boo the english national anthem, even though their best player in decades stood up and sung it for years. Now all their best players come from Brazil and Egypt they boo... Fuck right off scouse twats.

their fans are the very definition of the spoilt brats of football.
    In psychology maybe that's why Everton fans lash out at others.