Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL Trophy 23/24 - next up Reading away Wed 6th Dec 7pm, tickets now on sale (p3)

edited November 2023 in General Charlton

The EFL Trophy Group Stage draw will take place live on Sky Sports at 11:30am on Thursday 22 June.

The 16 Invited U21 teams will be placed into their respective Northern and Southern section Groups, with the 48 EFL Clubs placed into pre-determined Groups prior to the draw. Consideration has been given to ensure travel time is minimised and recovery time is maximised for players.

All EFL Clubs will play two of their three matches at home in the Group Stages, with U21 teams away from home in all three fixtures.

The confirmed Invited U21 teams are as follows:

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Brighton & Hove Albion

Chelsea

Crystal Palace

Everton

Fulham

Leicester City

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Newcastle United

Nottingham Forest

Tottenham Hotspur

West Ham United

Wolves

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/june/carabao-cup-and-efl-trophy-draws-set-for-fixture-release-day/

Comments

• Options

Charlton have been drawn alongside Sutton United and Crawley Town in southern Group B of 2023/24’s EFL Trophy.

The group will be finalised on Thursday lunchtime when the Addicks, Sutton and Crawley are joined by an invited Premier League U21 side.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/addicks-draw-sutton-and-crawley-efl-trophy

• Options
    Decent if both are away from home. Couldn’t care less if they are home matches.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    One of Sutton or Crawley will be at home along with the under 21 side at home..

Like to see a 3 pound brought on the night service charge put on those matches.😎
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Just being in this competition is another reminder that we are still in the old third division  😒
  • Options
    yeah i hate this comp sooner out of it the better. just a reminder of how far we have fallen 
  • Options
    Sutton or Crawley away will at least be a new ground to potentially visit.

If we get drawn with Palace U21's we may as well just ask to withdraw from the competition.
  • Options
    Just being in this competition is another reminder that we are still in the old third division  😒
    Plenty of teams much higher than us now have won it or its predecessor. Unless you can do a Powell 2011/12, a bit of cup glory does brighten up a season.
  • Options
    I genuinely feel like there would be more Charlton fans at Sutton away in this comp than if we had them at the Valley 
  • Options
    At last the big one. Next season is under way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A bit of googling tells me we've never played Sutton in a competitive match and we've only had one away trip to Crawley. So either option should attract a fair few who just want to see us play somewhere new.
  • Options
    clive said:

Charlton have been drawn alongside Sutton United and Crawley Town in southern Group B of 2023/24’s EFL Trophy.

The group will be finalised on Thursday lunchtime when the Addicks, Sutton and Crawley are joined by an invited Premier League U21 side.

Yawn.
  • Options
    clive said:

Still can't get my head around how they do part of the draw on one day and then draw the Premier league sides the next day as though someone somewhere at the EFL thinks fans are actually excited by the anticipation of the 'big' announcement of who they'll be playing.
    They do it to truly embarrass US and remind US how shit we are that our first team might get a fixture v palace u21s , shameful times 
    but that would be the only fixture in this shit competition I’d want to win .
    I look forward to the day when we’re out of this shit and can concentrate on our promotion push or even better unable to potentially play palace u21s because we’ve been promoted , tinpot shit 
  • Options
    I know this is such a tin-pot competition since the Prem u21’s have enter but I wouldn’t mind us going all the way in this, at the end of the day it’s a trip to Wembley and another trophy to get rid of the dust in the cabinet but obviously promotion is the main objective, getting really bored with being in this league now 😴😴
  • Options
    Aston Villa in our group.
  • Options
    At least it's not Palace, only 1 I didn't want
  • Options
    Local fixture I see.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Local fixture I see.
    it is for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton’s 2023/24 EFL Trophy fixtures - southern Group B:

Tuesday, September 5th (KO 7.45pm): Crawley Town (a)

Tuesday, October 10th (KO 7pm): Aston Villa U21s (h)

Tuesday, November 14th (KO 7pm): Sutton United (h)

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/efl-trophy-fixtures-revealed

• Options
    Are we out yet , pleeeeeeease
  • Options
    Would have made more sense to have Sutton away and Crawley at home, probably would have been more fans going away to Sutton than at home.
  • Options
    Have they drummed up a sponsor for this trophy yet? 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    50 p and I reckon your name is on it!
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    I've given them £500 quid, as long as they rename it the "oohaahmortimer trophy"
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    iaitch said:
    50 p and I reckon your name is on it!
    I'll go to 30p and leave my offer on the table.
  • Options
    Bizarre to change sponsors part way through a season
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I guess the wheels will be coming off our season, if we don't beat Sutton

We all know the competition is just an exhausting effort to get Premier League U21 teams involved though