Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Alfie May - signs on a 2 year deal + 1year option (p4) +++

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    I'm struggling to remember someone who is so happy, like overly excited puppy levels of joy, to be a Charlton player, like he's won the Euromillions and is ready to party 
    As much as I hate to say it - the last person who had his sort of eagerness was Luke Varney.  I likened him to an eager puppy all them years ago!

For me Alfie is what I would affectionately refer to as a "busy little fucker" and must be horrendous to play against because he won't shut up and he won't stand still - the cheeky scamp
  • Options
    Fast becoming my favourite Charlton player. Talismanic cult hero in the making.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Fun fact - he had interest from Bolton and Derby but wanted to come here 

He was about to sign for Bristol Rovers the day came in and upped our offer. 
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:
    Swisdom said:
    Fun fact - he had interest from Bolton and Derby but wanted to come here 

He was about to sign for Bristol Rovers the day came in and upped our offer. 
    Didn't know that but as soon as we expressed an interest he told his agent to make it happen
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I'm struggling to remember someone who is so happy, like overly excited puppy levels of joy, to be a Charlton player, like he's won the Euromillions and is ready to party 
    Im thinking Gary Nelson. Not the most gifted but run for everything and always played with a smile on his face .
  • Options
  • Options
    Seems like a genuinely nice bloke
    Loves his job
    And I think we are going to Love him
    Hopefully a new Charlton Cult hero⚽️
  • Options
    Alfie certainly eats well😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about one on Charlie Kirk, be over in about 5mins presumably.
  • Options
    Alfie certainly eats well😀
    I was thinking he gets through some food for a smaller bloke! Must have a high metabolism

Seems like a very ordinary, down to earth man. Refreshing to hear how he views football to fans and what it means to us. I remember a lot of us saying his success can probably be put down to him having to work his arse off to get here and it's now come from the horses mouth itself.

Nice watch and I'd like to see more of this with potentially more conversation with the man behind the camera to make the video flow a bit better.

I'd really like to see one of these again with Dobbo, CBT, Aneke or Fraser.
  • Options
    That’s terrific … very down to earth and so pleased to be with us 
  • Options
    Genuinely stunned by how much he eats. How does he keep that breakfast down after a training session???
  • Options
    Still trying to work out what Costa that is! 
  • Options
    The food at the training ground looks like a Butlins buffet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Still trying to work out what Costa that is! 
    Stalker Alert!!
    Always need a drive thur coffee option! Only know of two
  • Options
    He had the Costa then pulled in to Costa , surely not two on the one journey  

• Options
    He had the Costa then pulled in to Costa , surely not two on the one journey  

Sounds like lyrics in a Giggs song!
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Genuinely stunned by how much he eats. How does he keep that breakfast down after a training session???
    As I posted above, a mate told me he was known as "Banger" when he was at Erith because of his love of sausages!

If that is true, he is going to be seriously disappointed with the breakfast at the training ground as there didn't appear to be a sausage in sight!
  • Options
    When Alfie mentioned he’d taken his kids to the circus recently, I thought he meant Charlton!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I was quite impressed that the poached eggs were still soft and runny despite clearly not being made to order.

If they have such things as poached eggs on a Butlin's buffet, I would wager that they would be harder and drier than something that's typically hard and dry.
  • Options
    He's a good Temple Hill lad and that's why he's so decent. I just pray he keeps it up and takes us up. he deserves it the way he's not just grafting but playing. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Chunes said:
    I was quite impressed that the poached eggs were still soft and runny despite clearly not being made to order.

If they have such things as poached eggs on a Butlin's buffet, I would wager that they would be harder and drier than something that's typically hard and dry.
    The staff are no doubt capable and just working with the resources and budget they are given. Personally I would not be happy eating that food every day and was quite surprised by the look of it. 
  • Options
    When was the last time we had a player that was desperate to come to us and made the fact known ?