Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Alfie May - signs on a 2 year deal + 1year option (p4) +++

Comments

• Options
    We're lucky to have two players in our team who'd be incredible captains 
  • Options
    Now joint 4th top scorer after last night’s brace

- Devante Cole (Barnsley): 9
    - Jamie Reid (Stevenage): 8
    - Dion Charles (Bolton): 7
    - Alfie May: 6

Bishop (Pompey), Waghorn (Derby) and Wyke (Wigan) also on 6.
    After today…

Cole 9
    Bishop 8
    Reid 8
    Charles 7
    May 7

Rhodes, Waghorn and Wyke all on 6.
  • Options
    he wore won man of the match today from the lounges, he’s a proper grafter 
    Surely that should have been Chuks 
  • Options
    May also grabbed us by the scruff and drove us on tbf
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Now joint 4th top scorer after last night’s brace

- Devante Cole (Barnsley): 9
    - Jamie Reid (Stevenage): 8
    - Dion Charles (Bolton): 7
    - Alfie May: 6

Bishop (Pompey), Waghorn (Derby) and Wyke (Wigan) also on 6.
    After today…

Cole 9
    Bishop 8
    Reid 8
    Charles 7
    May 7

Rhodes, Waghorn and Wyke all on 6.

50 goals in his last 92 appearances in League 1 too
  • Options
    CBT on 4 as well now makes him joint 12th leading scorer in the league - imagine playing him as a wing back for most of last season...
  • Options
    CBT on 4 as well now makes him joint 12th leading scorer in the league - imagine playing him as a wing back for most of last season...
    He played as a winger pretty much all of last season? 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    He played as a winger pretty much all of last season? 
    Oh ok. Fair enough my mistake
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Aneke came on in the 64 minute to replace the ineffective Leaburn on the day.
    It a wonderful sight seeing Chuks back for a limited period( hopefully🤞this time we can keep him involved over the whole season but the curse won't allow it 😞)

Alfie May is a cracking player and those who doubted the wee man should be put in the stocks and have custard poured over their heads.
    There are other uses for custard which may come to fruition if we can achieve Mr Plum's ambition of win, win, win...🤪
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's a very good player at this level......gives 110% every game
  • Options
    Brilliant striker, he is getting nearly a goal a game now. Him and Aneke will get 30 goals for us this year.
  • Options

As I mentioned above it's 50 goals in his last 92 appearances as he failed to score in any of his first three League games of 2021/22. In fact, he only scored one goal in his first seven League games of 2022/23 and of course didn't score in any of his first four games this season either. He's not the most prolific of starters in a season but once he gets going there appears to be no stopping him! 
  • Options
    Cheltenham certainly miss him. One goal in 12 league games  :#
  • Options
    It’s been great to see him put an end to the doubts after his first four games without scoring and concerns we could have signed better.

He’s also shown he’s comfortable as the striker dropping deep as well as playing higher up and looking to run in behind.
  • Options
    Hope he can step up to the Championship when we get promoted at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Great job from Alfie to get in the Team of the Week

Same for a certain Centre-Back, who I wonder is happier back North

And Aimson for Exeter, who had his red card rescinded.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    It’s been great to see him put an end to the doubts after his first four games without scoring and concerns we could have signed better.

He’s also shown he’s comfortable as the striker dropping deep as well as playing higher up and looking to run in behind.
    There's been a fair few strikers who have not been able to hit the proverbial barn door but was mitigated/excused by the fact they at least did a lot of running and tried hard, or don't do much running but its okay as they pop up with goals. (I'm probably as guilty as anyone on this front to be fair.)

So how bloody good is it to have a striker who puts the graft in AND still scores on a regular basis too. They do exist and we finally get to see one playing for us not against.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Like Lyle Taylor, he has an edge to him. Unlike Lyle Taylor, I think he really loves football
    Love the enthusiasm of Alfie May.
  • Options
    Just shows what you can get if you look wisely, invest some money and don't continuously waste money on injured,poor,unmotivated frees like Bonne etc.
  • Options
    Looks like there’s truth in the second one at least, he was only with Farnborough for 2/3 weeks.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170220014154/http://www.gethampshire.co.uk/sport/football/news/farnborough-fc-pull-big-transfer-8018711

• Options
    Based on his career record before Cheltenham, I wasn't sure about him.

I am full of humble pie

keep going Alfie