Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket Update: Millwall, Newport & Peterborough

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Wellred said:
    Millwall selling tickets on the night 
    Phone their ticket office buy it now pick up tomorrow easiest way 
    For the away end?
    Sadly not home end
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Looking for a millwall ticket if any spares  

I got it well wrong I thought they would have a big turn out for our game 
    Looks like they are not that interested they have only 1 stand open & still not sold out so if you don't mind being in their end you will get one easy enough 
    Poor for our cup final 
  • Options
    Wellred said:

Looks like they are not that interested they have only 1 stand open & still not sold out so if you don't mind being in their end you will get one easy enough 
    Poor for our cup final 
    I thought you would sell out due to the fact of losing your owner plus local Derby would bring the numbers out 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:

Poor for our cup final 
    I thought you would sell out due to the fact of losing your owner plus local Derby would bring the numbers out 
    Yeah it’s a local derby but due to the difference in stature between the two clubs these days it’s not classed as a big one. Similar to playing Leyton orient I would think. (Stands back, waits for bites😁)

Re our owner, think most people will be saving the commemorations for the first league game of the season. That will be special. 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:

Poor for our cup final 
    Yeah it’s a local derby but due to the difference in stature between the two clubs these days it’s not classed as a big one. Similar to playing Leyton orient I would think. (Stands back, waits for bites😁)

Re our owner, think most people will be saving the commemorations for the first league game of the season. That will be special. 
    And it's just a pre season friendly. Whatever the result, nobody is going to have "bragging rights" over southeast London.
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:

Poor for our cup final 

I think it's still a poor show by your lot 
    Not being able to sell out one stand despite what I already stated you got new players on show still it is what it is shame really 

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:
    Wellred said:

Poor for our cup final 

I think it's still a poor show by your lot 
    Not being able to sell out one stand despite what I already stated you got new players on show still it is what it is shame really 

Not sure how many we’ll have there. We can pay on the gate. Most will just be doing that
  • Options
    is there still tickets available in the charlton end? can we buy on the night?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Yes North Stand ticket office which is the away stand will be open to buy tickets and sit in Charlton end 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Find it strange people want to go to a friendly, yet  aren’t interested in the EFL trophy, which are competitive games albeit in a ridiculous competition. 

Each to their own, but personally  have no interest in friendlies.  
    No real interest in either , are we out of the pizza painting yet 
  • Options
    Find it strange people want to go to a friendly, yet  aren’t interested in the EFL trophy, which are competitive games albeit in a ridiculous competition. 

Each to their own, but personally  have no interest in friendlies.  
    I think it's because we're craving a bit of live football, seems ages since the season finished.
    Whereas the EFL trophy comes thick and fast between league matches.
  • Options
    how much are the tickets tonight?
  • Options
    £10
  • Options
    how much are the tickets tonight?
    Adult      £10.00
    Over 63   £7.00
    Under 21 £7.00
    under 18 £5.00
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Kips said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Anyone else doing the spanners game? I can't image it will be a big crowd, but not sure I can be arsed to wait for ages after the game before being allowed out, especially not for a friendly! 
    We'll be kept in for only 25 minutes instead of 45 minutes
    You never know, they might keep the spanners in and let the away fans out first.

Don’t be daft, who would do such a thing?
    That was a fecking disgrace
    Over the years, the club have got things wrong, but this to me was probably one of the worst decisions they made.t
    We thought it was hilarious 😁
    in the good ol pre segregation days, I really can't recall any serious trouble, pre during or post games at either ground .. probably before violence, drugs and excessive drunkeness became fashionable
    I think it was more the case of they use to turn up take over the covered end at ours & we never tried anything at the Den 
    1967 & 68/69 there was lots of trouble in the Covered End.
  • Options
    Given how many tickets have been pre sold to charlton fans and the likelihood of more turning up to pay at the gate tonight the noise from the away end should be pretty good
  • Options
    Given how many tickets have been pre sold to charlton fans and the likelihood of more turning up to pay at the gate tonight the noise from the away end should be pretty good
    Bless. I think it’s so sweet when smaller clubs fans get all excited about playing their bigger neighbours. 
    I think youre still bitter about the friendly in 2006 when Charlton legend Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink scored in a 4-1 win for the mighty Addicks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Bless. I think it’s so sweet when smaller clubs fans get all excited about playing their bigger neighbours. 
    I think youre still bitter about the friendly in 2006 when Charlton legend Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink scored in a 4-1 win for the mighty Addicks!
    I think MF might be over that now :)
  • Options
    If you are talking ground capacity and support we are the bigger club
  • Options
    edited July 2023

it’s more like when big bands play in a small gig venue to practice, get their voices in tune, try out a few new songs for when they play the bigger events. They still get a buzz about doing it. A thousand Charlton fans in an away ground is usually more than enough to drown out any home support so anything over that tends to make the place a bit noisy, impresses the locals who aren’t used to it, that sort of thing. Must admit though, it did seem a bit odd that L1 Charlton isn’t the home team to a team currently in a division above us as that would be the usual case in a pre season friendly though I guess as it is Millwall and the Nou Den it would look a bit odd if you were expected to play the ‘bigger’ team role.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Newport looks like it has sold out. Was planning on going but hadn’t bought a ticket yet. Does anyone know if we will get any more? Bit poor from the club to not even mention that it was nearly sold out (unless they know we can get more)
  • Options
    Peterborough booked for the lad and I. Now the race against the clock to get to the first game. Land in Gatwick 1230 next Saturday. As long as we can get home and back out by 130-145 latest should make kick off. Loving the holiday but really looking forward to our season’s start. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Newport looks like it has sold out. Was planning on going but hadn’t bought a ticket yet. Does anyone know if we will get any more? Bit poor from the club to not even mention that it was nearly sold out (unless they know we can get more)
    More tickets have become available for behind the goal at Rodney Parade
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    shirty5 said: 
    More tickets have become available for behind the goal at Rodney   Dave Parade
    More tickets have become available for behind the goal at Rodney   Dave Parade

👍
  • Options
    Do we have behind the goal and part of a side at Peterborough?