Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall vs Charlton Athletic Pre-Season Friendly 25/7/2023 Match (& post p14) Thread

edited July 2023 in General Charlton
Kick off 7:45 - team news expected shortly.

Comments

• Options
    Who is Dobdon?
  • Options
    They've deleted the tweet... They've clearly just seen my comment above and are now getting it done before I lose my shit
  • Options
    They posted the team and then took it down... spelling mistake of Dobson and also the subs bench looked light.
  • Options
    No Hector, Jones or AMB
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    No Hector, Jones or AMB

Yeah subs bench looked light...
  • Options
    Shame it’s not strongest team. Thought it would be against higher opposition and looking at millwalls lineup it may not be a great night for us 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    😊
  • Options
    Expect all main fit players to play Saturday 
  • Options
    They've reposted it, still no Jones, Hector and AMB, hopefully just managing minutes/minor niggles
  • Options
    The thing about Kirk not being part of Holden’s plans this season can’t be true if he keeps featuring in friendlies.
  • Options
    I'm also expecting the starting XI to play 60mins or so before subs are made, with the exception of Camara being given another 45
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    In text...

Millwall: Long, Wallace, Hutchinson (c), Cooper, Nisbet, Flemming, Bryan, Leonard, Voglsammer, Saville, De Norre

Subs: Bialkowski, Evans, B. Mitchell, Bradshaw, Watmore, Emakhu, Esse, A. Mitchell, Harding, Adom-Malaki

Charlton: Isted, Thomas, Ness, Elerewe, Asiimwe, Dobson (c), Anderson, Fraser, Blackett-Taylor, Kirk, May

Subs: Molyneux, Z. Mitchell, Egbo, Henry, McGrandles, Camara, Jaiyesimi, Payne, Campbell, Kanu
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    The thing about Kirk not being part of Holden’s plans this season can’t be true if he keeps featuring in friendlies.
    I mean maybe, but also we're light up top. I suspect he's been given a chance to prove himself, and to be fair he was decent on Saturday.

I also suspect there aren't many suitors for him.

Alright, I'm about to go into meetings, so I really hope they post the replay of the match online later.
  • Options
    Definitely shows that while we've done good transfer business we probably need to do more of it, albeit today's deal/deals help...
  • Options
    Hector and Jones missing makes us look very light at centre back... perhaps time to think about prioritising that area...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    got a problem
    my annual CTV automatically renewed today but I have changed my credit card so the payment will not go through, I phoned the club but the CTV guys were on their way to Millwall, club said they would get them to call me but nothing so far, wonder if I will get access????
    any sensible ideas
  • Options
    Instead of charging to watch a fucking friendly on Charlton TV it would have been good PR to show it free on You Tube, a decent performance might even persuade a few sitting on the fence to buy a season ticket. There again we're playing millwall so maybe not.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    They've reposted it, still no Jones, Hector and AMB, hopefully just managing minutes/minor niggles
    So that’s 2 Hector has missed now. Assume AMB injured. Can understand Jones but he only played 45 on Saturday.

New boys Edun and Taylor unlikely to be fit for Orient game I suppose.
  • Options
    hopefully precautionary that hectic and jones not involved.. seems odd and a but worrying 
  • Options
    No Jones and Hector?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    hopefully precautionary that hectic and jones not involved.. seems odd and a but worrying 
    Hectic ? Another new signing ?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    So that’s 2 Hector has missed now. Assume AMB injured. Can understand Jones but he only played 45 on Saturday.

Who's Taylor ?
  • Options
    Hectic ? Another new signing ?
    Don’t tell me we’ve signed Isn Rush’s Grandson up front 😁.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    JaShea99 said:
    Probably got some scouts in the crowd tonight, and hoping someones come to see Kirk...lets hope they like what they see...🤞
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Who's Taylor ?
    Our version of Declan Rice 😉.