Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall vs Charlton Athletic Pre-Season Friendly 25/7/2023 Match (& post p14) Thread

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    Probs been said before on this thread but haven’t read - but what a bunch of twats… full bottles , coins etc being thrown at us… I got hit by a heavy bottle (midriff so no bother other than a bit wet) but was a disabled fella sat immediately in front of me and little kids… wtf! I moved down the stand in the end, I’m 37 male was with a mate so not intimidated but just - I’ve come down to watch a pre season friendly, good there was an atmos etc… but I can’t really be arsed with my eye cut open or something… been to den so many times now but will never fathom what braindead tits they are 

and as for it being our cup final… their fans went LOOPY when they equalised even aside from all the missiles they started hurling… 

on the plus side left a few mins early and was chatting to a millwall fan walking away from the ground who was, uncharacteristically, a completely charming bloke saying how well we played, wishing us well for the season and just a top guy. Very rare and hidden amongst the mass of vermin, but good to get the reminder that there are at least a tiny number of human beings who sit in the home ends down there

(for balance I do have a couple of millwall mates who are good blokes and the millwall lot who post on here seem sound, + there were several tosser teenagers in our end too - but they did at least stop short of hurling stuff )
    I wasn’t near the away end but did hear there was missiles going in both directions. Not sure how true this is?  F***ing ridiculous either way. It was a pre season friendly ffs 🤷🏻

It would still be f***ing ridiculous if it was the last league game of the season and the winner would secure automatic promotion.
  • Options
    maybe a cheeky hot dog for a last game of season crunch match?? no sauce though !!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Probs been said before on this thread but haven’t read - but what a bunch of twats… full bottles , coins etc being thrown at us… I got hit by a heavy bottle (midriff so no bother other than a bit wet) but was a disabled fella sat immediately in front of me and little kids… wtf! I moved down the stand in the end, I’m 37 male was with a mate so not intimidated but just - I’ve come down to watch a pre season friendly, good there was an atmos etc… but I can’t really be arsed with my eye cut open or something… been to den so many times now but will never fathom what braindead tits they are 

and as for it being our cup final… their fans went LOOPY when they equalised even aside from all the missiles they started hurling… 

on the plus side left a few mins early and was chatting to a millwall fan walking away from the ground who was, uncharacteristically, a completely charming bloke saying how well we played, wishing us well for the season and just a top guy. Very rare and hidden amongst the mass of vermin, but good to get the reminder that there are at least a tiny number of human beings who sit in the home ends down there

(for balance I do have a couple of millwall mates who are good blokes and the millwall lot who post on here seem sound, + there were several tosser teenagers in our end too - but they did at least stop short of hurling stuff )
    I wasn’t near the away end but did hear there was missiles going in both directions. Not sure how true this is?  F***ing ridiculous either way. It was a pre season friendly ffs 🤷🏻

It would still be f***ing ridiculous if it was the last league game of the season and the winner would secure automatic promotion.
    Of course but it’s double f***ing ridiculous doing it at a pre season friendly. At least the idiots could blame raised tensions or whatever in your hypothetical scenario. 
  • Options
    ads said:
    Just wanted to share this pic of the numpty who got nicked. Don’t think he likes us very much. 

Hipster hooligan.  'you want a flat white, you want some'
    Worth keeping this picture live in the thread. Millwall class of 77 will be turning in their prison cell beds.  Ballerina hooligan and his inbred crowd friends. Just weird. 
  • Options
    kafka said:
    ads said:
    Just wanted to share this pic of the numpty who got nicked. Don’t think he likes us very much. 

Worth keeping this picture live in the thread. Millwall class of 77 will be turning in their prison cell beds.  Ballerina hooligan and his inbred crowd friends. Just weird. 
    Inbred crowd? I’ll just leave this here, a picture of the away end the other night 😆…(sorry, couldn’t help myself 😁)
  • Options
    Where’s that lad that did the YouTube video for the Blackburn game?  I liked him.  All the way from Golders Green of all places.  I mean, I know most of those Bermondsey boys moved out to Bromley at the turn of the century, but Golders Green 😂
  • Options
    kafka said:
    ads said:

Inbred crowd? I’ll just leave this here, a picture of the away end the other night 😆…(sorry, couldn’t help myself 😁)
    West Ham!
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I was stood right next to the Millwall end back row and I didn't see one thing throw towards Millwall fans from Charlton, not once. It wouldn't have been too wise with Police looking the whole game effectively. A bunch of morons threw at least 3-4 objects towards a crowd of kids sitting near front row.

I also saw a fair few lads asking for phone numbers towards where I was standing..personally I ask women out at bars or use bumble/hinge for that sort of thing but each to their own
  • Options
    Nothing was thrown towards Millwall, had my lads with me 8 and 12 and we had lighters, bottles and coins chucked towards us. I went mental at one point when a mum and her 2 kids moved away to safety and to be fair there were a few Millwall who looked completley embarressed by their muggy fans. Station wasnt much better, shit old bill was happy for it to kick off and then wade in when it was too late.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    mendonca said:
    Just out of interest, what do you think he meant with his first touch? @MillwallFan and @cafcsinger

To me, it looks (and from my playing days) is a simple touch to take the ball inside. Sometimes it's perfect, other times a bit light or heavy and then dependent on your reactionary powers. 

I think he meant to trap it and beat our left back, but he got his timing all wrong and lost control of the ball. Recovered well though. 
    Disagree. In that position you either take the ball forward and try to beat the fullback for pace, or cut back inside knowing the fullback has to cover the first option, so creating space for you. Didn’t matter if the touch was a bit heavy because of that space. 
    It certainly looks from the video that he chose option two, rather than stumbled upon it accidentally. Could be wrong of course. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:
    Nothing was thrown towards Millwall, had my lads with me 8 and 12 and we had lighters, bottles and coins chucked towards us. I went mental at one point when a mum and her 2 kids moved away to safety and to be fair there were a few Millwall who looked completley embarressed by their muggy fans. Station wasnt much better, shit old bill was happy for it to kick off and then wade in when it was too late.
    What happened at the station?
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Nicholas said:
    What happened at the station?
    Couple of theirs poo pooed our engine numbers so we roundhoused em!
  • Options
    There's a six second video of a fairly vicious fight at the station. Someone shouts out "go on the Charlton" .
  • Options

Bit of handbags, nothing crazy. Was trouble at London Bridge as well apparently 
  • Options
    Like you say nothing crazy just a few punches thrown as long everyone got home alright that's all that matters