Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So just watching back the extended highlights... Didn't realise they had our old James Beadle in goal. 

Also what was that defending for their first? Deji steps up their striker steps past him - no issue there but three more defenders, both Ness and Asiimwe go for the same man, letting their striker have space to shoot. 

Deji body position was awful, he was front on! The reason he was beat so easily, and unable to turn. One of the first things you learn in school boy football!
    I agree it was a poor mistake, but we should have been able to defend it. Ness I think was the issue choosing to go for Asiimwe's man. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Sacrifice of playing CBT in one picture:

We were defending for a good 20-30 seconds at the point the pass was made and NOBODY has picked up their wide right player and CBT's not even goal side of his nearest man. Also how narrow is our 5?
    Who are Hector and Dobson marking? Edun is going to CBT's man and Anderson has dripped to block their next midfielder, but CBT is leisurely trotting back. 

• Options
    Harsh on Thomas imo
  • Options
    In the third image, Thomas and Hector are right next to each other. Where is Hector in the last image?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    In the third image, Thomas and Hector are right next to each other. Where is Hector in the last image?
    You can just see his head - unless that's Jones. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Harsh on Thomas imo
    Why? He arrived too late. Dobson, Asiimwe and Anderson were all back therefore it was only the Kids and Dobson that got back. 
  • Options
    Deji body position and tackle was not great. Its interesting how he was still able to turn, track back and still be the closest to the striker before he shot.
  • Options
    Very nice breakdown @Dazzler21

Highlights my concerns I've said before about the centre backs being pony and not quick enough. Lack of desire has been worrying for a lot of games. As much as I didn't rate Holden tactically some of these players need to be held accountable, the lack of game sense and energy has been woeful 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    You can just see his head - unless that's Jones. 
    So he's started from a similar position but Thomas has made 3x the effort to get back. Poor.

He's come on basically at half-time, so he should have plenty in his legs.

You're right there is a lack of desire to win from some. Losing mentality. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Harsh on Thomas imo
    Why? He arrived too late. Dobson, Asiimwe and Anderson were all back therefore it was only the Kids and Dobson that got back. 
    I've seen the clip a few times. He busts a gut. Sometimes you just have too far to run
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Harsh on Thomas imo
    I've seen the clip a few times. He busts a gut. Sometimes you just have too far to run
    Goes back to my point that at the moment the ball was whipped in, the defence should already be preparing to get back. Instead they all stood watching the ball bouncing about in front of the D and then when the break happens they're already too far up to get back. 

He did try to get back, he's probably the only other defender to maybe acquitted of the accusation that he's missing the desire. 
  • Options
    Not The Top 20 podcast from 48 minutes.

Interesting comments by the two hosts. Quite honest.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5p8SDKq7NfY4Wb9yaZiAtQ?si=WhLzdoqnQGe-jHRTOez-Ng
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Is McGrandles, a centre mid who HAS played over 100 games and was loved at Lincoln and last season at Cambridge, really a worse option than the clearly knackered and now out of depth Anderson? 
    Yes, McAmbles is dogshit. 
    Are you still in pain with your knee/leg?
    You seem to have changed personality.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So just watching back the extended highlights... Didn't realise they had our old James Beadle in goal. 

Also what was that defending for their first? Deji steps up their striker steps past him - no issue there but three more defenders, both Ness and Asiimwe go for the same man, letting their striker have space to shoot. 

Deji body position was awful, he was front on! The reason he was beat so easily, and unable to turn. One of the first things you learn in school boy football!
    I agree it was a poor mistake, but we should have been able to defend it. Ness I think was the issue choosing to go for Asiimwe's man. 
    Yes, Ness has been a bit of a disappointment this year, a lot of faith been put in him. But just looks like he has lost yard of pace from the injury. 

Would also say, he looks better when Hector was playing better next to him last season.. Or even Ryan when they was communicating to him. He seems to have been give the role as the communicator this year, which I don't think went to well. 

Anyway, if I was a betting man, I would say we will win Saturday and comfortably as well.
  • Options
    Just picked up on the analysis thanks  Dazzler 21 and all others for explanation and insight