Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    To1SCP said:
    Holden needs to go, but who would come this shit show?
    Steve Cotterill could be available .. comments ?
  • Options
    Well said bruv,I just can’t believe some of comments being said calling for holdens head after 5 games and 41 games to go and plenty of points to play for. Yes it’s a terrible start but give the bloke a chance.he plays hector thomas jones at the back and he gets slaughtered,so he picks ness elerewe and asilmwe and gets comments like their not good enough,their to young etc etc.so I say come fella’s these are the times to get behind the team not slaughter them. When holdens got a fully fit squad you’ll see the team rapidly climb the
    table im sure of that.
  • Options
    Chill everyone 
    Charlie pink trousers knows what he's doing. 

Cnut
    I’m going to tee you up…He should just sell the club and………
  • Options
    I still back Holden but I think he is still looking for his best team. With no injuries I'm sure he would know it but he is having to make compromises and that is creating gaps.  He needs a couple of players in at least as well.
  • Options
    fenn3098 said:
    I blame @LouisMend for getting his graph out after the Orient game.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still back Holden but I think he is still looking for his best team. With no injuries I'm sure he would know it but he is having to make compromises and that is creating gaps.  He needs a couple of players in at least as well.
    But he is trying to play a system where he doesn't have enough personnel. We have an abundance of wingers and CMs so play to your strengths.

For what it's worth, I like Holden and attacking football seems okay but we need another body to help with the goals.

It's the defence. I'm not sure but why we just leak goals, there must be some specific defence coaching we can employ. Saying that Holden was a defender. 

Need a strikers and a leader to come into the defence. 
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    Well said bruv,I just can’t believe some of comments being said calling for holdens head after 5 games and 41 games to go and plenty of points to play for. Yes it’s a terrible start but give the bloke a chance.he plays hector thomas jones at the back and he gets slaughtered,so he picks ness elerewe and asilmwe and gets comments like their not good enough,their to young etc etc.so I say come fella’s these are the times to get behind the team not slaughter them. When holdens got a fully fit squad you’ll see the team rapidly climb the
    table im sure of that.

But that surely is part of the problem, for which HE is responsible. You can't build defensive solidity if you keep changing the players and system between and indeed during games. 
  • Options
    If Nathan Jones is looking to get back in, I’d go and get him tomorrow. 

If we had proper owners that’d be announced tomorrow 

• Options
    He's been left trying to polish a turd. Not sure anyone could turn this ship around without some kind of investment and strategy.
  • Options
    I had a nice day - watched my mate’s son open for his cricket team, carried his bat, scored 63, they won, only need 9 points now to be champs of their division - had a few beers watching - very enjoyable - only looked at the Charlton score post 2nd half starting 

I think that is very telling ……

I had so much positivity before the season started - but already I would rather watch club cricket than this shower of shite 

Was it ever thus being a Charlton Athletic fan …………..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is it with this get rid of Holden stuff, we are 5 games in, but the performances against Bristol Rovers and Port Vale, deserved a couple of wins, had we got what we deserved in those two we would be top 10, when we get Fraser, Camara, Leaburn back + hopefully some additions in before Friday then fortunes will turn, should it still prove not, then I will join in with the time to go bit... 
    Great
    Top 10
    How far have we fallen that Top 10 we're happy
  • Options
    Oligab said:
     Bring back Lee Boyer , unfinished business.
    Bowyer not the answer, although it would be funny to watch him bully a few of the drips stealing a living at the Valley 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    supaclive said:
    What is it with this get rid of Holden stuff, we are 5 games in, but the performances against Bristol Rovers and Port Vale, deserved a couple of wins, had we got what we deserved in those two we would be top 10, when we get Fraser, Camara, Leaburn back + hopefully some additions in before Friday then fortunes will turn, should it still prove not, then I will join in with the time to go bit... 
    Great
    Top 10
    How far have we fallen that Top 10 we're happy
    Who said anything about happy, but top 10 after 5 games would have been a good start, that's what I was saying as you well know, not as a finishing position...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    'best side we've played this season' according to an Oxford mate

That's all I have to offer as I made the late, wise decision at 1.00 to get in the car and drive away from Oxford instead of towards it
  • Options
    Biggest question is, how on earth are we not in a relegation spot……yet!
  • Options
    This is more about lack of investment than the manager...
    No way did we deserve to win either of those games.