Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    One thing about Albie Morgan is he could deliver a ball, we’re noticeably useless at corners & crossing the ball in the box this season.
    We got rid of our best set piece players in Forster Caskey and Morgan and haven't replaced them with anyone who can do that job . Typical Charlton. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Is McGrandles, a centre mid who HAS played over 100 games and was loved at Lincoln and last season at Cambridge, really a worse option than the clearly knackered and now out of depth Anderson? 
    Yes, McAmbles is dogshit. 
    I hate comments like this. Aside from the fact they're just pointlessly nasty, McGrandles has managed to be very good for Lincoln and Cambridge at this level. He's barely played for us, but why is he so much worse? Is it that he's just 'dogshit' or could it be that we manage to repeatedly take players and make them worse? How do we constantly manage to pick up players who should be decent enough and turn them into shells of themselves? That's what we need to figure out because I reckon we're not a million miles away from making Jones, Camara and May look a hell of a lot worse in reality than they did on paper and, more importantly, than they would for someone else
    Did you watch the under 21s in midweek? I did and he was probably the worst midfielder on the pitch. I don't care how he's become so shit, but the reality is he isn't the answer, not by a long shot
  • Options
    And what has happened to Camara?

Slight foot injury they said last week. Is he now going to be out until Christmas? 
  • Options
    We really need to go back to basics, Holden sticking to what he believes in which is front foot ball but does not have the players to execute it. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Is McGrandles, a centre mid who HAS played over 100 games and was loved at Lincoln and last season at Cambridge, really a worse option than the clearly knackered and now out of depth Anderson? 
    I hate comments like this. Aside from the fact they're just pointlessly nasty, McGrandles has managed to be very good for Lincoln and Cambridge at this level. He's barely played for us, but why is he so much worse? Is it that he's just 'dogshit' or could it be that we manage to repeatedly take players and make them worse? How do we constantly manage to pick up players who should be decent enough and turn them into shells of themselves? That's what we need to figure out because I reckon we're not a million miles away from making Jones, Camara and May look a hell of a lot worse in reality than they did on paper and, more importantly, than they would for someone else
    Did you watch the under 21s in midweek? I did and he was probably the worst midfielder on the pitch. I don't care how he's become so shit, but the reality is he isn't the answer, not by a long shot
    I thought it was rumoured (Peter ORourke?) that he’s attracting interest from elsewhere and likely to be on his bike 🤔.
  • Options

Slight foot injury they said last week. Is he now going to be out until Christmas? 
    Who said that  ???

Certainly not Holden as he said before the game that he was touch & go for today. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Valley11 said:
    I thought it was rumoured (Peter ORourke?) that he’s attracting interest from elsewhere and likely to be on his bike 🤔.
    Good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big 6 pointer next Saturday. Lose that & we are most likely in the bottom 4. 

• Options

Who said that  ???

Certainly not Holden as he said before the game that he was touch & go for today. 
    OK if Holden said that, good.
  • Options
    Who on earth is coaching our defenders !
  • Options
    Big 6 pointer next Saturday. Lose that & we are most likely in the bottom 4. 

Fleetwood had two players sent off today so it will be a walk in the park next week.......
  • Options
    There's got to be a duty of care for the young players being destroyed out there. 

They need to be rested and re-introduced one at a time into a balanced, competent side, this isn't rocket science though. 
    ☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The first game I've not attended this season, and I didn't watch the stream either as I expected the worst, indeed predicting the 2-1 defeat...
  • Options
    The first game I've not attended this season, and I didn't watch the stream either as I expected the worst, indeed predicting the 2-1 defeat...
    Lots of people will have got three points on the prediction league with that 2-1 score . Me included 
  • Options
    All that waving our arms in the air after Orient. We're just a poor side, we were poor last season and needed a complete clear out but we're still stuck with most of them