Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Oxford United vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 26th August 2023: KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:
    Valley11 said:
    Yeah sack Holden then take a few weeks to find a new bloke, who won’t have picked any of the players signed this summer and will have ANOTHER different style of play.

I cannot believe it but we are actually sinking lower. 
    What's our style of play currently? 
    Small man throw ball, large man head ball.

Forget defensive duties after 80 mins.
  • Options
    James86 said:
    Darren Moore anyone?
    I think I’d bring back Curbs short term just to steady the ship. Majority will disagree. 
    No chance, but even they need players. Window closes in a few days, so their options are limited.

• Options
    That celebration after Orient is becoming more and more embarrassing game after game.

and it was incredibly embarrassing at the time 
    To be honest if we actually win another game the fans should join them.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Curbs & Brown please. Current management team really not up to it.
    Thinking about it, I generally don’t know who our management team are apart from Holden.
  • Options
    We played some nice stuff. We played some shote stuff. 

Oxford were better and will no doubt be up there at the end of the season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its all kirk's and McGrandles's fault.
  • Options
    I don’t see Holden getting another job after us. Really don’t understand why these owners wanted him.
    The owners wouldn't know him from Adam - it's the gang of 4 who selected him.
  • Options
    What was Curbs’ view post match?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Scathing of the defensive organisation, in a nutshell! 
  • Options
    At least we’re breeding a winning mentality
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    In a nutshell, not very complimentary.
  • Options
    I know Terry can't ask Holden any really difficult questions but blaming everything on bad luck is a bit soft.
  • Options
    I’m on holiday with my wife and GD …. I have to block this shit out. I think I’ve not felt as low since the Selhurst years 
  • Options
    Holden just said we deserved more…
    ...of a hiding
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldn't go to the game in the end and watched the stream from35 mins.
    Terrible in almost every way, although there were periods in the second half when we threatened. Nice goal for Alfie.
    We're 19th now.
    Hate to see a manager being sacked, but it looks like there's no plan and they're making it up as they're going along. Lack of discipline, lack of shape, poor formation, square pegs in round holes. Also, lack of experience. As Curbs says, there's only May and Dobbo that have played more than 100 games.
    Will Holden be given a chance to get a win on the board against Fleetwood? 
  • Options
    At least we’re breeding a winning mentality
    We are amazingly consistent - week after week 
  • Options
    I know Terry can't ask Holden any really difficult questions but blaming everything on bad luck is a bit soft.
    I switched off at the final whistle I was that 😤. If Holden is even trying to justify or defend that performance he is taking the piss. He should apologise and move on to next week. If next week is anything like today he should simply move on
  • Options
    Holden just said we deserved more…
    I am sure that he will get his just desserts !
  • Options
    That’s all he ever says 
  • Options
    Huge week for our new leadership team. It really is season defining.